June 27, 2022, 08:45:50 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: The Manimal's Music  (Read 95904 times)

Offline Carshald

• The Kuroshima Monster
  • Rocksmithing Practitioner
    • View Profile
Re: The Manimal's Music
« Reply #150 on: January 27, 2017, 04:34:22 PM »
Thanks for listening! This was a rough one, not one of my best and I kept getting frustrated. It was going to be a nice song but then my mic wasn't recording my 12-string well so I went ham on the drums, that took forever so I added more guitar to vent a lil'. I need more "softer" songs for my next album but I don't like to do them as much, vocal wise atleast.
I'll always give any kind of music a listen (except House and Hardcore Techno garbage that really just sounds like the heartbeat of someone on LSD or Acid). I'll look forward to listen to what you throw together next. Btw you're using a mic for your guitar? Ever though of actually using a Mixer? I know with the proper cable/adapter you can connect your guitar directly to a PC/Laptop and use Mixer program... but I find Mixers gives it a more "pro" feel to it, but that's just my opinion ;)
"In every story the Villains are the monsters, but in this story, I'm the true monster".
The Tales of Ouroboros: The Ember Child
“Each night, when I go to sleep, I die. And the next morning, when I wake up, I am reborn."

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 27, 2017, 04:55:57 PM »
Hhhhm, I've never thought about that. I'd sound better I bet, my mic is awful. My songs sound too face smashing, but if I play quiet there's too much background noise. I'd prefer if there was a way to plug my amp in and record that as I'd never want to give up having an amp and stomp boxes. Digital things like that are nice but I don't think they could feedback and spew Sonic Noise as effectively. But I also could play loud without actually playing loud...it's something to look into yes. I need better recording stuff but I'm not really willing to spend the money to upgrade. I need to though, these steps help.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 05:03:26 PM by Manimal »

Offline Misyne

• >o<
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 27, 2017, 05:25:38 PM »
It sounds pretty good! At least on the speakers of my ipad. The song is pretty neat, I had the idea you were making some sort of really garage-y punk before I actually listened. I don't know why. Maybe because of the nickname.

I'll always give any kind of music a listen (except House and Hardcore Techno garbage that really just sounds like the heartbeat of someone on LSD or Acid).

Hey! I like the sounds of heartbeat of someone on LSD ._.

Offline Carshald

• The Kuroshima Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 27, 2017, 05:26:35 PM »
Hhhhm, I've never thought about that. I'd sound better I bet, my mic is awful. My songs sound too face smashing, but if I play quiet there's too much background noise. I'd prefer if there was a way to plug my amp in and record that as I'd never want to give up having an amp and stomp boxes. Digital things like that are nice but I don't think they could feedback and spew Sonic Noise as effectively. But I also could play loud without actually playing loud...it's something to look into yes. I need better recording stuff but I'm not really willing to spend the money to upgrade. I need to though, these steps help.
Lol yeah amps are the best though I'm more of a 'Brad' type.. in case you're wondering, I'm referring to LP's guitarist... way back.. like 10+ years ago I used to play ALOT more myself, plus the school I went to had a music dedicated workshop, where I played every day. When it was time to practice I'd still wear big *censored*ing headphones, simply so I could hear myself better.

At the end of the day it always comes down to wether you wanna spend the money for the good gear. Personally I'll eventually go the Pedals+Mixer because a Mixer mixed with Pedals and the right sound programs, you can get the same as with a Mic but just better quality.

OMG! Reading my own words I realize now why my friends tell me, that my last Job as a Stage Tech really has rubbed off on me XD... NERD ALERT! ;D
"In every story the Villains are the monsters, but in this story, I'm the true monster".
“Each night, when I go to sleep, I die. And the next morning, when I wake up, I am reborn."

Offline Carshald

• The Kuroshima Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 27, 2017, 05:34:16 PM »
It sounds pretty good! At least on the speakers of my ipad. The song is pretty neat, I had the idea you were making some sort of really garage-y punk before I actually listened. I don't know why. Maybe because of the nickname.

I'll always give any kind of music a listen (except House and Hardcore Techno garbage that really just sounds like the heartbeat of someone on LSD or Acid).

OMG! Misyne you're killing me here XD... Now I can't hate on 'Heartbeats on LSD' anymore... Hmm 'Heartbeats on LSD' sounds like good title for a song... unlike Blink 182 '*censored* a dog' XD

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 27, 2017, 05:39:03 PM »
It took me a minute to realize LP meant Linkin Park. Ha right on, ya looking into a USB cable thing would be insane, plugging my guitar into my laptop...whoa. Those cables are cheap to...hhhhm. I'm more focused on improving my skills and songwriting then actual sound quality but it'd be nice to make more listenable numbers to. I'm more of a Malcolm Young, crank it and slam it guitarist!

Thanks for listening! Well some of my other stuff is more akin to that sound but a lot sillier and unnecessarily loud sometimes. I use the Manimal as more of an ironic name these days because it sounds so blah and overblown when it's really just...me.

Offline Carshald

• The Kuroshima Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 27, 2017, 05:54:26 PM »
It took me a minute to realize LP meant Linkin Park. Ha right on, ya looking into a USB cable thing would be insane, plugging my guitar into my laptop...whoa. Those cables are cheap to...hhhhm. I'm more focused on improving my skills and songwriting then actual sound quality but it'd be nice to make more listenable numbers to. I'm more of a Malcolm Young, crank it and slam it guitarist!

Well the cables are cheap but depending on what country you live in certain cables like the jack/usb one can a *censored*  to find XD I literally just got my jack/usb cable wednesday (which was supposed to have been part of my 'Rocksmith' christmas present but wasn't cause the damn cable is appearently a rarity here).
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 05:57:33 PM by Carshald »

Offline Misyne

• >o<
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 27, 2017, 05:59:31 PM »

OMG! Misyne you're killing me here XD... Now I can't hate on 'Heartbeats on LSD' anymore... Hmm 'Heartbeats on LSD' sounds like good title for a song... unlike Blink 182 '*censored* a dog' XD

Hell yeah, I'd give that a listen. ^o^

Offline Carshald

• The Kuroshima Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 27, 2017, 06:01:57 PM »

*puts on Musician hat* Better get to it before Manimal steals my title! :tongue:
For the record... seriously... and I mean SERIOUSLY! DO NOT GIVE '*censored* a dog' by Blink 182 a listen, it'll ruin the band for you permanently (if you like the band that is...)

Offline Misyne

• >o<
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 27, 2017, 06:03:49 PM »
Thanks for listening! Well some of my other stuff is more akin to that sound but a lot sillier and unnecessarily loud sometimes. I use the Manimal as more of an ironic name these days because it sounds so blah and overblown when it's really just...me.

But what band or artist name isn't blah or overblown, really? Music is all about creating an image these days to stand out. Maybe yours is a burly big guy banging the *censored* out of the instruments.

Offline Misyne

• >o<
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 27, 2017, 06:05:07 PM »

*puts on Musician hat* Better get to it before Manimal steals my title! :tongue:
For the record... seriously... and I mean SERIOUSLY! DO NOT GIVE '*censored* a dog' by Blink 182 a listen, it'll ruin the band for you permanently (if you like the band that is...)

With an introduction like that, you know I can't NOT listen to it now!

Offline Carshald

• The Kuroshima Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 27, 2017, 06:05:24 PM »

But what band or artist name isn't blah or overblown, really? Music is all about creating an image these days to stand out. Maybe yours is a burly big guy banging the *censored* out of the instruments.

*censored* I'd pay 50$ for a ticket to that kind of show! ;D

Offline Carshald

• The Kuroshima Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 27, 2017, 06:07:52 PM »

Well don't say I didn't warn you.. Lemme warn you though it's a campfire song involving doing censored stuff to a dog's buttocks, a pirate and one's own sister! BUT DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU!  :tongue:

Offline Carshald

• The Kuroshima Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 27, 2017, 06:08:48 PM »

Well don't say I didn't warn you.. Lemme warn you though it's a campfire song involving doing censored stuff to a dog's buttocks, a pirate and one's own sister! BUT DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU!  :tongue:

Okay that already sounds like the start to a dirty joke! :push:

Offline Misyne

• >o<
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 27, 2017, 06:12:26 PM »
That song... It's legendary.