March 29, 2024, 02:12:58 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: The Manimal's Music  (Read 124711 times)

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
Re: The Manimal's Music
« Reply #120 on: December 13, 2016, 08:35:16 PM »
My songs are very messy as I record with a Rockband mic and have not quite figured out the art of mixing. Also I don't take much time to come up with melodies, I just hit things and stuff happens. I completely understand your reaction. The last song has a lot of tracks and in general the sound that happens is rather abrasive due to the volume and mixing and my singing which is...what it is. Also the noise which I find very fun and exciting.

I write the chords down as I come up with them and scribble some sort of structure, I like to improvise and often I randomly use lyrics from my songbook. But naturally with my out of key singing and the brutal drum sound it doesn't come together very nicely. Thank you for listening and posting anyway! I figure that's how people would react anyway. As for scores if you mean instrumentals I have a couple like this one which is not amazing but atleast lighter then the other stuff. I'd like to remix it and remove the drums but I deleted the tracks and I know I can't nail this feeling again. I based this song off the feeling Tamako Love Story gave me.
https://soundcloud.com/deepspacenoise/theme-for-floating-on-atmosphere

I'm still working on many-a-things and dealing with what I have/where I am skill wise for now. I think of my music like Bob Dylan, Misfits, Sonic Youth, The Beatles, Ac/Dc, and Buddy Holly thrown in a blender and mixed till all the charm is gone.

Also I found a picture from Tamako Market where they're holding records and felt a sense of dread as I knew I HAD to make this for the first post in the thread.
Spoiler
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 09:22:40 PM by Manimal Claus »

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
The Manimal's Music (NEW SONG)
« Reply #121 on: December 14, 2016, 04:21:55 PM »
I feel like I subconsciously took this melody from somewhere, I dunno. "Canned Corn".

https://soundcloud.com/deepspacenoise/canned-corn

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 16, 2016, 02:38:36 PM »

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
The Manimal's Music (NEW SONG Ac/Dc Cover)
« Reply #123 on: December 22, 2016, 11:38:23 AM »
Ac/Dc cover! "Hell Ain't a Bad Place To Be".

One of my favorite Bon tunes, but I couldn't deliver his lyrics with any degree of honesty so I just did me. Bon's lyrics where tongue in cheek fun anyway. Some timing issues and the norm but I hope anyone who listens can sense how much I love playing Ac/Dc songs.

https://soundcloud.com/deepspacenoise/hell-aint-a-bad-place-to-be-acdc-cover

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 22, 2016, 11:52:15 AM »
Haven't listened to your music in a while, bud, but I'm glad I clicked on this one. It makes me happy to listen to for some reason. I guess it's because I don't mind the raw delivery of the vocals, and man, it sounds like you've gotten better recording stuff and at the drums.

You're pretty skilled at everything, all things considered. I'm totes sharing you with my Skype friends.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 22, 2016, 02:44:58 PM »
Thanks for listening! It helped that this is a song I know very well and have been playing for years, I want to do more Ac/Dc covers it's such a joy to play and I think it can help me improve my timing and recording techniques since I have an original to base it off. Recording drums is still an issue but it certainly sounds better then the first stuff...little steps. But yes thanks for listening again!

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 26, 2016, 12:09:32 AM »
New instrumental. It's the same bit as "Theme For Floating On Atmosphere" but different. Where that tune was a sad but gleaming romantic dream with no target this is something else. A little thrown together but ya know. "Theme For The Furthest Reach".

https://soundcloud.com/deepspacenoise/theme-for-the-furthest-reach
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 12:18:46 AM by Manimal »

Offline Forlorn Serpent

• Children's Book Author and Screenwriter
  • Your Typical Unpublished Author... by choice
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 26, 2016, 12:35:17 AM »
Now put this behind a messed up movie scene and you got the money shot.

I'm picturing clowns being hanged for some reason.

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 26, 2016, 12:07:51 PM »
I mean that's not what I was thinking but ya, that could be a thing.

This is the song meant to go before that one, "This Belief". Some timing issues and it's not the best but it is what it is.

https://soundcloud.com/deepspacenoise/this-belief

Offline 50 Words for Paipis

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 26, 2016, 02:25:08 PM »
I'm digging the voice samples. The past two tracks might be your best. I say keep incorporating new things. Gives it all more depth and freshness.

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
The Manimal's Music (ANOTHER NEW SONG & ANOTHER)
« Reply #130 on: December 26, 2016, 02:32:35 PM »
Oh you think so? Thanks, I just made another one 'cuz my next "album" needs another goofy rockin' rock song or two. I accidentally ripped off the Misfits' "Die, Die My Darling" in my intro, ugh. Naturally the repetitiveness is Ramones and Nirvana like. Grandma take me home x20 you know, I dig that. "Glue"

https://soundcloud.com/deepspacenoise/glue

Okay I made one more today. "Lab Goat". More like a b-side then a main song, just something silly. Of course it's a lot like the Pistols' "Submission". Damnit! I come up with things and go "ya cool!" then I'm like "of course it's cool...it's this!". Damnit that one part is like "No Queen Blues" to! On "Sunnyside Up" I did that on purpose and did something different, this was just subconscious.

https://soundcloud.com/deepspacenoise/lab-goat
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 05:55:29 PM by Manimal »

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
The Manimal's Music (3rd "ALBUM" COMPLETE)
« Reply #131 on: December 27, 2016, 02:41:54 PM »
The Manimal : You Get The Point

1. After School Me Time
2. From There to Where
3. Pretty Kitty
4. Lab Goat
5. Alex Troubleback
6. Space Touch
7. Ombelico Forte (Album Ver.)
8. Glue
9. This Belief
10. Theme For The Furthest Reach
11. Poptart Hero
All Songs Scribbled & Performed By The Manimal
https://soundcloud.com/deepspacenoise/sets/third-album

Ya let's cut it off here. This is a significantly better set of songs then the last two but I still have got a loooong way to go. There are themes on this album and reoccurring bits, I thought of it more as a whole when I made the songs, even if it's not paced perfectly. I dunno, you get the point.

I hope someone enjoys "Poptart Hero", I still have a headache from that fricking middle part. Terrible idea to play that loud and it didn't even sound like I envisioned. Between the metronome clicking, cranking the tunes to play drums over them, and the sonic noise I have to wonder how this will effect my hearing in the long run. It's not worth it I know but I can't stop myself in the moment. I use earplugs always but I dunno.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 10:07:19 PM by Manimal »

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
The Manimal's Music (2016 Compilation Album)
« Reply #132 on: December 30, 2016, 04:48:22 PM »
The Manimal : It's Like That (2016 Compilation)

1. White Bread
2. Bottom Of The Food Chain
3. Popcorn
4. After School Me Time
5. From There To Where
6. Dirt
7. Alex Troubleback
8. Theme For Being Radical Or Not
9. Idealizer
10. Freak Con
11. Freak Con (Bye Bye)
12. Theme For Floating On Atmosphere
13. Will This Be On The Test?
14. Black Vapor
15. Theme For The Furthest Reach
16. Poptart Hero
(Bonus) Hell Ain't a Bad Place To Be (Ac/Dc Cover) *
(Bonus) Popcorn (Acoustic Demo)

All Songs Scribbled & Performed By The Manimal sans * Young/Young/Scott (1977)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 07:09:38 PM by Manimal »

Offline 50 Words for Paipis

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 31, 2016, 12:10:42 AM »
Dude, you've been writing seriously for like a year. You've made plenty progress.

Vocal delivery also takes practice. It's like an instrument in itself. If you never learn to play and practice country, how could you expect yourself to play chicken pickin' licks? Your voice is just your most undeveloped instrumental skill it seems. They've gotten better, though. When you take a large breath to sing, does your chest go out or your stomach?

Also, vocal range is a big thing. You're definitely not a tenor, so trying to sing Beatles songs may be difficult given that they were all tenors. Try a Johnny Cash cover or something and see if that doesn't feel more comfortable.

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 31, 2016, 12:23:00 AM »
I know! I'm just so impatient and sometimes I can't hold all my thoughts in any longer so it all explodes like that. All I do is think really I think myself crazy over actual nothing. But I feel good now that I let that out you know. All those times I burst it only makes me better.

Um, my chest I think. Or I dunno now. I've had increible struggles projecting and I destroy myself if I sing too long. Like my voice is finaled by verse 6 of Desolation Row. I only do it correctly by accident then not know how to do it again. I don't really even know wtf I sing on my songs. The chords are confusing and I don't understand vocal melodies. I've broken down Beatles tunes to figure out how that works but I haven't yet figured it out for myself. I think some things shouldn't be simple but by unessarcily adding chords to seem more invovled it only makes a bigger mess.

Ya Beatles songs are hard but all I sing really along with Buddy. Bra I can't sing Johnny Cash, I can not project a deep voice. When I sing it naturally comes out as some odd whine. I've tried so hard to sing "for real" I just have to keep trying harder that's all. and try other things yes.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 05:14:32 AM by Manimal »