July 03, 2022, 05:24:40 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: The Manimal's Music  (Read 96107 times)

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
The Manimal's Music (NEW SINGLE)
« Reply #525 on: February 18, 2022, 01:12:53 PM »
New single!

"College Cosplay Meeting" with an Elvis cover "The Girl Of My Best Friend" and a song that most likely won't make it on my next album, "Don't !!". The artwork was done by Karung_Susu on Fiverr. It's my character Kaletta dressed as Ritsu in the first K-On! ED. I was very happy with the art!

I've made about 250 songs and "College Cosplay Meeting" is one of my Top 20 best ones, easily. It was just one of those magic times when I was recording it. Everything came together perfectly. I am extremely proud of it and it's just one of the best things I've ever made. The other two are...what they are. 

LISTEN ON SOUNDCLOUD
https://soundcloud.com/kanttilamusic/sets/college-cosplay-meeting-single 

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
Re: The Manimal's Music
« Reply #526 on: February 20, 2022, 08:27:17 AM »
Very nice artwork indeed.

-College Cosplay Meeting
A very vibrant song with lots of layers, very energetic. Not too much to dislike, was very good all the way through. Only complaint is the fade out sounded a bit wrong somehow, like it was cutting off the vocals mid-sentence. Lyrics were a little hard to hear and typical crazy content, although a bit more normal than some of your other songs. I think I agree, definitely one of your best. Drums also sounded distinctly better than normal I think.

-The Girl Of My Best Friend
For a split second I was gonna say this was like super normal lyrics but then I realized lol
Otherwise it came out really good. I actually preferred your version to the original, which tells me something - if you have the right lyrics and music you can make something massively good quality. So with practice and experience you can compose something yourself of equal or better quality if you put your mind to it.

Don't!!
Lyrics were chaotic for sure XD
Music was nice actually and vocals were ok, so if the lyrics were more normal it wouldn't be bad at all.

and 250 songs huh? what a milestone!
That's a pretty awesome achievement for sure. Keep it up!
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #527 on: February 22, 2022, 07:59:31 AM »
Thanks for the listen! Honestly, I wish I kept playing on "College Cosplay Meeting" but I went bananas on the drums and lost it right at the end so I had to have a fade out. I also didn't have the idea to start listing names until I was recording vocals, so in retrospect the end part should of been longer. 

Surprised to see your comments on the cover song! I wasn't too sure about it at first since I recorded it quickly.

I don't know if I could ever write normal lyrics haha, thanks again for the comments!

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: February 22, 2022, 01:39:57 PM »
Ahaha your crazy lyrics are becoming your trademark lol

But on another thought, you know that artists do this redraw meme, taking an older piece and drawing it again with better skills? Have you ever considered trying to redo an older song, rewriting the bits you didn't like or retrospectively have now thought of better lyrics or music etc? I get the feeling you'd be able to take a couple of songs to a higher level that way. I dunno just a random thought :P

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #529 on: February 22, 2022, 03:57:24 PM »
I haven't done something like that in quite a while. I like the idea of it being like the redraw meme.

I made an entire album that I'd like to redo. Some of the lyrics were top tier awful and I could do a lot of things better. I even played a broken snare drum on one song, it sounded so bad  :push:

It's hard to recapture the emotions I felt when I made the songs though. That's the roadblock for me. But I would like to do a remake album at some point. Or "Re: Draw" album  ;D

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: February 23, 2022, 10:36:39 AM »
ah right I can relate to that, it's like an advanced form of "not feeling like it", except you need an even more specific kind of feeling that may or may not ever come again :P
Aha redraw album sounds cool.

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
The Manimal's Music (New EP)
« Reply #531 on: March 18, 2022, 11:05:23 PM »
Kanttila : Earthshaker (EP)

1. Sweet Montana
2. Wealthy Wally
3. Led Zeppelin II (Reissue, 1977)
4. College Cosplay Meeting
5. Fake Fan

All Songs Written/Performed by: Manimal
Album Art by: kemaltafwidh

Bandcamp Link
https://kanttila.bandcamp.com/album/earthshaker-ep

Soundcloud Link
https://soundcloud.com/kanttilamusic/sets/earthshaker-ep

Kanttila is coming, and you're gonna hear me drumming! This set of seven songs presents an upgraded sound for me, with better mics than I previous used and a much better drum sound. Thanks to my Who obsession I have reached a new level of drumming, and I wanted to make a set of songs to show the spirit of Keith Moon that I wish to channel, within my usual Phil Rudd/Peter Criss influenced drumming.

Ultimately this didn't end being an album like I hoped. I made other songs but they didn't cut it. Ultimately this is an EP with five solid songs, instead of an album with half filler songs. I lost the inspiration and I have no desire to finish this, so I wanted to put out what I have and move on. I think this is a fiery set of songs that captured a very brief moment of new life and energy.

This is my Rock 'n Roll.   

This is Earthshaker.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2022, 11:21:11 PM by Manimal »