October 22, 2020, 03:21:21 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: The Manimal's Music  (Read 55022 times)

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
Re: The Manimal's Music
« Reply #495 on: August 01, 2020, 12:33:27 AM »
Thanks for the comment! I knew she would be a perfect fit for this song and ya a duet would be an interesting idea. I always go for trading off in these collab songs.

The guitars lacked for sure, I always base my songs on the guitar being the best part but this time it was the vocals being the best so I struggled to find a rhythm to play and what to play for the instrumental. Tempo changes scare me since I can just barely play in time to the metronome on the drums recently.The metronome has killed a few of my song ideas that I just have no idea what the timing is. But ya it would've made the chorus pop, I outta practice that.

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
(NEW ALBUM!) The Manimal's Music
« Reply #496 on: August 11, 2020, 05:44:59 PM »
Kanttila : Slipping Through The Time

1. Stuck Outta Time
2. Tonttu Forest
3. Midnight Lost Child
4. Days Of Fire (Feat. Cola)
5. Liokasier
6. Oh! My Sky
7. One Fine Day (Anaheim 1976)
8. Dull Day Casual
9. I Dream Of Valkyries
10. Full Burner
11. Race To The End Credits
12. Atmosphere Re: Entry (Outro)

All songs written/performed by Kanttila sans #4 (Kanttila/Cola)
Guest Vocals on "Days Of Fire" by Cola

https://kanttila.bandcamp.com/album/slipping-through-the-time

Through the time I'm back with my 20th album!

I started my music recording journey 4 years ago and it's really surprising to me that I made it this far. I hit a massive writer's block after my previous album Closer To Clarity and it all paid off with this explosion of inspiration. Most of the songs are stand alone and the album just touches on themes of my life lately with a lot of Gundam references and Goof Rock elements. It has three sections in a way, the normal Kanttila album stuff, the acoustic based stuff and the Goof Rock.

You can hear my inspiration start to fade by the end however so I knew I had to cut the album. It was like a burst that lasted only about 3-4 weeks. I used a lot of bits and pieces I'd written over the last 11 months and tried to make this more melodic. I think this is one of my best albums, not better than Post America by any means but perhaps a close second or third. I'm happy with it overall and man it feels good to release another album after so long!

This is Slipping Through The Time!

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #497 on: September 02, 2020, 07:40:30 AM »
Kanttila : 20 Of The 20 (Compilation Album)

1. Magnus Bridge (Short Edit)
2. The Tragedy Of Mr. Steak
3. America Runs On Lies
4. No Reason But My Own
5. Days Of Fire (Feat. Cola)
6. Bridge By The Sun
7. Love Is Nuclear War
8. Country Club 
9. Under The Skywalk
10. New Gate
11. I Don't Know Love
12. Misunderstandable
13. Fringe
14. Dia's Pain In Spain
15. Natural Order
16. The Shy Lightning
17. In Your Darkest Hour
18. Star of Memories 
19. My Bop Bop
20. Barely Gold, Man

All Songs Written/Performed By: Kanttila sans
"The Tragedy Of Mr. Steak" (Kanttila w/ Simon, Matt & Brian)
"No Reason But My Own" (Kanttila/Ahasuerus)
"Days Of Fire" (Kanttila/Cola)

Guest Vocals on "Days Of Fire" by Cola

https://soundcloud.com/kanttilamusic/sets/20-from-the-20

20 albums, 2020, it all comes together for this 20 song compilation of the best and most representative songs I've made since beginning this musical journey 4 years ago. It features 6 songs from my first 2 years and 14 from the latest 2 years. I went with the 20 songs that show my music off the best. Many of them are very flawed but still show my progression. The only trouble was how many Post America songs to include since it's my best album. I went with four but I could of easily included seven.

It opens with easily my best song "Magnus Bridge". I just can't top that song, it was a total accident and I didn't know I was making my greatest track when I recorded some random alt tuning riffs. "Under The Skywalk" was a song I almost didn't include because of how bad my vocals are on it. However it captures a real emotion for me and I recorded it after my last shift of my third job, so it's very significant. "I Don't Know Love" I also debated about since it's how I used to feel before things changed but it's the first song I wrote of it's kind and it's certainly an important song for myself that shows how I felt at that time. 

I could write forever about my own songs but like...why. So here is a compilation album. 20 Of The 20!

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
The Manimal's Music (NEW SONG)
« Reply #498 on: September 05, 2020, 08:44:29 AM »
The next set begins! This is my second collab with Cola, "Mystic Hour". I came up with the music/melody and she wrote the lyrics. I wanted us to sing together this time, unlike "Days Of Fire" where we traded off. This is certainly a different type of song for me. I have tried in the past to do acoustic songs with no drums but this is easily my most successful attempt at that, and it's all thanks to Cola for making this come together like it did.   

I think part of why this worked is because it was in the works for a few weeks so it had a lot of time to sit. Instead of being rushed out as soon as I had the idea. I intend to make my next album more chill like this, but we'll see. I'm in no rush this time to make it fast. I'm just going to let the songs come when they do.

Mystic Hour (Feat. Cola)
https://soundcloud.com/kanttilamusic/mystic-hour-feat-cola 

Offline NO1SY

• Resident Slacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: September 08, 2020, 08:38:54 AM »
^^I think this is one of your best songs. Feels super cohesive and you are working well within your vocal range. Good job to you both :)