October 15, 2018, 05:20:48 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: The Manimal's Music  (Read 23203 times)

Offline Spooky Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock n' Roll
  • We're The Dream Warriors
    • View Profile
The Manimal's Music (NEW SONG FEAT. LEGO)
« Reply #435 on: October 04, 2018, 12:57:13 PM »
So Lego sent me something in the beginning of July, I recorded the track in the middle of August and finally now it's uploaded and done. It took a bit but I am quite happy with the result. Since our previous collab was about the comic we made together Larry Pine, we switched to do a song for my story Mango P.I. Lego wrote the lyrics and gave me a wack demo with this weird vocal delivery and only one chord progression.

I refined the progression to this which man, I feel like I sub consciously got it from somewhere. I have never made a track like this, there are no electrics and it just slowly goes along. Lego gave me something awesome to work with and this is the result of our 6th collab. This is a very late album type of song that is like nothing else on there. I'm quite happy with this one even if the mix is off. I sang most of Larry Pine so Lego sang the majority of this song. I figure by the time you get to track 10 you'd like a break from my voice for a bit haha. This is our second best collab song I would say!

The Love Agent (Feat. Lego)
https://soundcloud.com/kanttila/the-love-agent-feat-ahasuerus
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 03:20:12 PM by Spooky Manimal »

Offline Spooky Manimal

• View Profile
The Manimal's Music (15th ALBUM COMPLETE)
« Reply #436 on: October 06, 2018, 08:57:19 PM »
Kanttila : The Natural Order

1. Opening Act
2. Get In The Robot!
3. Natural Order
4. The Fricking Demon Master
5. Sonderbar
6. England
7. An Absolute Unit
8. Cute Villain
9. Save All You Can Hold
10. The Love Agent (Feat. Ahasuerus) *
11. On Your Wavelength
12. Harumäki

All songs written & performed by the Manimal sans * written w/ guest vocals by : Ahasuerus
#9 heavily influenced by Marr/Morrisey song "The Hand That Rocks The Cradle"   

https://kanttila.bandcamp.com/album/the-natural-order

Another album is done, thank God now I don't have to think about it anymore. The Natural Order, the path of destruction, the two key points of my principals. This is an album about this and that, elements I lack, elements that make it all good and elements of just whatever. It's the sequel to Post America in that my songwriting has changed and become more reflective of my times with less little side shows. This album still has that but in a slightly better form.

Now this is not a great album it has major flaws, namely my singing on "Cute Villain" and "Harumäki". I composed good melodies that I couldn't sing for both and dealt with it. It sucks but it's life, I'm not a singer I'm a guitarist who became a one man band because I don't want to have to find other people to form a band with and deal with BS and nonsense and because this is how I feel self fulfillment like I am doing something I can look back and be proud of in my life. I did post an ad online but anyone that replied was boring and not my style. I didn't get many replies anyway, my post was long and maybe offputting lol, I just listed a lot of bands and my intent as a musician clearly.

This album has good moments, it has meh moments, certainly it's good by my standards. Not as good as Post America but not as bad as Ghosts Of Kaministiquia. It works as reflecting the melancholy and natural order fluxations of my life after it's biggest event in years, the KC trip to meet the poikas which was the best week of my life so far since August 2015. A time when I finally took life in my hands and wrote my own story instead of just going along with things. I finally did something in my life and it was amazing thanks to the Happy Hour guys. I am so thankful for the experience and it has impacted my life greatly. Yet it hit me with such melancholy afterwards and combined with these on and offs feelings and frustration at the situation in my city it all just kind of comes together to this. Uncertain how I feel but still feeling anyway. 

Lego comes on for a song he wrote and I'm happy with it. I stole from a Smiths song on "Save All You Can Hold" and I tried to add more BAND-MAID to meh effect. I want to just make a ROCK N' ROLL album next. NO BS. NO MORE STUPID BITS. JUST ROCK. No stupid doing this and that, just fricking the Manimal. But writing those songs doesn't come natural despite learning all instruments from Ac/Dc a band that I have a high powered musical knowledge on. Sadly the only way to make rock n' roll music is with a band. YOU CANNOT make TRUE rock n' roll by yourself as a one man band it is just not possible. The best songs are "Natural Order", "An Absolute Unit", "The Love Agent" and "Get In The Robot". The biggest flaw is the flow, it has virtually no flow and just kind of does whatever because the songs where written over 3 months when I had different ideas of what I wanted the album to be.

So ya it's another album, maybe my last of the year? I don't really know how can I know? There was Ghosts, Skywalk and Post America now a 4th album of 2018, maybe I'll do another if the songs come, maybe I won't. If I won't than I need to work on a lot of things in my music. Like just rocking more and becoming a better guitarist who can sweep pick and play the solo in "Lucretia" instead of some fast picking inaccurate sloppy Tele tremble screaming Ace Frehley loving madman. But one step at a time. This is me this is my 15th album and it's The Natural Order.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 10:09:29 PM by Spooky Manimal »

Offline Spooky Manimal

• View Profile
The Manimal's Music (NEW SONG)
« Reply #437 on: October 08, 2018, 01:38:20 PM »
Last album is a bomb, so I said forget about it I'm just going to have to make a better album fast as I can.

I was pretty angsty about my music yesterday, I had a moody drive with my BAND-MAID mixtape and listened to Iron Maiden's Fear Of The Dark than sat down for 5 hours and wrote 10 songs, so basically my next album. My intend, to destroy my last album which blows. I figured, it wasn't good so I just have to do better next time. So I just went mad and boom wrote it all. This is how I push myself, I get so angry at myself for being substandard so I can do something decent. I did this with Magnus Bridge and Barry Goldman's World Tour.

So the idea is simple. Rock. No BS, try for less this and that and more consistent just energy and jamming. I restrung my SG to bring Super Ang back to action for the first time since "Dollar Drink Days" I believe, over a year ago. Is this the best song ever? Nah but I'm not going to worry, I'm just going to try and make a FRICKING ROCK album and forget my previous failure, because The Natural Order is a failure, not because it's my worst album rather it came after a big personal win with Post America and was garbage in comparison, so people! You need to make garbage until you snap out of it and realize your sucking! and than get mad about that!

The Crow's Feather
https://soundcloud.com/kanttila/the-crows-feather

Offline Spooky Manimal

• View Profile
The Manimal's Music (NEW SONG)
« Reply #438 on: October 11, 2018, 12:02:02 PM »
The rock rolls on. I love this approach! I just record 2 guitar tracks for each channel, left SG w/ TS7 Tubescreamer right Tele w/ Boss Super Overdrive and do no extra bits aside from a little chorus fill and the solo. Then drums and bass. Maybe some tammy if the song calls for it. It's so nice to do this after trying to jam this and that in. I want this to be my band sounding album a little bit. That punk energy I developed with a lil more Ac/Dc and Iron Maiden is my idea. 

Hard to mix this one actually...gotta work on that bass sound. The drums/bass/vocals sounded nice then the guitar added makes it more complicated to mix so I just say eh whatever.

Gabriel's Dropout
https://soundcloud.com/kanttila/gabriels-dropout

« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 06:21:33 PM by Spooky Manimal »

Offline Spooky Manimal

• View Profile
The Manimal's Music (2 NEW SONGS)
« Reply #439 on: October 14, 2018, 05:06:29 PM »
This is a simple ditty that sounded like a backyard...so I called it "Backyard". I'm trying to record each song in the order I wrote them in, which may well be the order they are on the album. So this song starts on the last chord of "Gabriel's Dropout".

Backyard   
https://soundcloud.com/kanttila/backyard 

Woooo, this is my most violent song since "The Annexation Of You". Took a while but finally wrote lyrics I feel passion about to bring out the Manimal in this simple song that took forever for me to realize I needed to play to a 100 BPM track and not a 190 BPM one to get the riff sounding right.

Laelaps Infinite   
https://soundcloud.com/kanttila/laelaps-infinite     

« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 05:09:26 PM by Spooky Manimal »