January 17, 2018, 07:34:51 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: The Manimal's Music  (Read 12031 times)

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock n' Roll
  • Kanan Ball The Future
    • View Profile
The Manimal's Music (NEW SONG)
« Reply #360 on: November 20, 2017, 02:33:26 PM »
Whether it's K-ON or now Northern Canada, idealization is always the key theme of my music.

Larger Than My Life
https://soundcloud.com/barrygoldmanofficial/larger-than-my-life
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 02:39:32 PM by Manimal »

Offline Manimal

• Kanan Ball The Future
    • View Profile
The Manimal's Music (NEW SONGS)
« Reply #361 on: November 29, 2017, 11:16:13 AM »
I need a little block of goof rock for the next album as well.

Bad mix, it's weird. Remake of a song I made for 50/90, I didn't record it with any care before. Made it a little less of a joke this time, while remaining silly as it is.

Suomi, Salami, Sasami?
https://soundcloud.com/barrygoldmanofficial/suomi-salami-sasami

A classic Barry Goldman song really. With some new things. 

U.F.O
https://soundcloud.com/barrygoldmanofficial/ufo         
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 11:24:03 AM by Manimal Claus »

Offline Manimal

• Kanan Ball The Future
    • View Profile
The Manimal's Music (NEW SONG | Suomi 100)
« Reply #362 on: November 30, 2017, 10:07:06 PM »
OKAY I KNOW I CAN'T SAY THE WORDS RIGHT BUT DAMNIT I HAD TO DO IT!

I had to make a song for Suomi 100 to fly some blood pride. I said it before, I've always been proud of my heritage, but when I learnt of the Winter War this summer my sauna DNA spiked. In reality I'm more Italian (I got the nose), but you know, the Perkele spirit is somewhere in me maybe. It`s cheesy, but this focus I`ve been having should pass after this set.

You may notice my vocals sound better, not singing wise but sound wise. I used the school's little spot this time, and might re-do all my vocals for this next album there. I need to figure out how to mix it though, I'm used to my constantly clipping settings, no clipping at all this time wow! and a nice location. It's hard enough to say the phrases in the chorus, never mind singing them. I tried many times but this is all I got, I`m like a J singer doing English I suppose. Celebrating the coming 100th birthday of the second best country in the world, which is next Wednesday.

Hyvää Joulua! 
https://soundcloud.com/barrygoldmanofficial/hyvaa-joulua 

« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 10:16:29 PM by Manimal Claus »

Offline Manimal

• Kanan Ball The Future
    • View Profile
The Manimal's Music (NEW SONG)
« Reply #363 on: December 05, 2017, 11:11:43 AM »
Finally shaped this track into something, next album needs a song like this. My vocals are so so, this key is too hard for me to sing in. For the future I should avoid C...I can't go high in this one. But either way, I mention spaghetti and family dinners in my songs now and then but now I have made the full on Italian...anthem...not really an anthem but yes. Okay. Now I have 1 and a half Suomi songs and 1 and a half Italy songs. With 2 Canada centered songs the next album is made, just need an intro outro for the bas.

Scusami
https://soundcloud.com/barrygoldmanofficial/scusami
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 11:17:05 AM by Manimal Claus »

Offline Manimal

• Kanan Ball The Future
    • View Profile
The Manimal's Music (11th ALBUM COMPLETE)
« Reply #364 on: December 05, 2017, 04:06:03 PM »
Barry Goldman's World Tour

1. British People Are Weird
2. Suomi, Salami, Sasami?
3. Scusami
4. Tan Lines
5. Dia's Pain In Spain
6. Larger Than My Life
7. Arctic Whispers
8. The Motherland Calls
9. On DVD
10. Hyvää Joulua!

All songs written & performed by the Manimal

https://barrygoldman.bandcamp.com/album/barry-goldmans-world-tour

Wow it feels like a decade since my last album, which was only a week or two less than 3 months ago.

I feel my rapid period of slamming these things out is halting, as I have shown myself taking more time makes for a better result. Instead of making 2 or 3 sub-par albums I have made one I can say is to the near best of my current music making abilities.  As always it has it's issues but it's a considerable jump from the bored and almost sparkless Call of Mugi. I have added a couple of new elements as I always should. Finally composed a melody or two, and added a new trick for guitar I haven't used yet which is simply from looking up basics of Bossa Nova and recalling Eddie Van Halen's finger picking good riffs on many a tracks.

The theme is reflective of current interests, and indeed I have sparked a heritage fire. It simply came from learning a bit of history. I have always cared for my Finn and Italian blood, but now I care...even more! So this album is a reflection of that thought and other brief ones like, damn I wanna go to the Yukon, wow they have it rough in Nunavut and of course a song for Commonwealth friends among others. 2017 is the year of Canada 150 and Suomi 100 which is neat. I was going to put this out tomorrow for the date of Suomi 100, but the day before is fine to. Plus I just have to let it out now, it's the release I need.

The biggest wins on this album would be "Dia's Pain In Spain" and "Larger Than My Life". The former didn't turn out as good as I hoped but it's the first and central song everything was build around and with the composed melody it made for some more...well songlike elements about it. The latter is something different to, "Tan Lines" was almost there. For just rock songs, "British People Are Weird" does things as simple as my style goes, and it does the job. Thankfully it's not an album full of that, like my 50/90 stuff.

The biggest fails might be "The Motherland Calls" and "Hyvää Joulua!". The former is fine and the second time I have done a "funky" wah guitar track but it maybe has too long an ending and too little vocal bits. The latter has one of my nicest sentiments and it's a 12-string track but man those vocals. It's hard to sing in a language I don't know alright! Man. Atleast I tried I will say to myself. I don't think there are that big of fails, as far as my music goes this time. Certainly no "Treehouse Walls" to spoil the day.

I will reflect to myself more when I defecate out my "Best of 2017" comp, but man. I have gone so far this year. Still not close to making something that say, people would want to listen to without knowing me, but compared to even the start of the year this is a big step. and it's just come from my will and my drive to push. I go from loving it to absolutely hating everything I make and wanting to erase it all from time to time. But I keep going because I have to. I can't stop or else it will be like my comics, dropped.

Flat As Manitoba, Midnight Stella, Magnus Bridge, Homestyle, Black Hair Like Blood, Aesthetic, Call of Mugi and finally Barry Goldman's World Tour build my 2017 line-up. 8 albums...I do not think I can top this in the future, and I don't think I will try. This album has shown me it's vital to take breaks and the time to get things going again. I just go with how it goes. So we see. Next album I want to continue on the "chill" side of things and focus a lot more on my lyrics. I want to try old country seriously, in my own way, and do what I can with jazzy elements that is in my range of ability. and of course...I wanna rock.

So I've kanan balled the future, found Stella, gazed at the haze of pink vapor across midnight, rode in the sunlight on a pin striped suit, untangled the sweater of fringe hidden facades, said goodbye to the decade's worth of time from summer 2007 to summer 2017, answered to the Call of Mugi and now hid in the fields of blood line ideals. Or some nonsense like that. So once more, we do it again. The line of 2017, Kanan Ball The Future.

I need a new catch phrase now...

Offline Manimal

• Kanan Ball The Future
    • View Profile
The Manimal's Music (2017 Best Of Album)
« Reply #365 on: December 11, 2017, 02:00:13 PM »
Best of 2017

1.  No Wave For Kitty
2. Zellers' Heroes
3. Kanan's School Of Sunshine
4. Magnus Bridge
5. Pinstripe Kermit
6. Sunspot
7. Fringe
8. Yohane's Gothic Dawn
9. Conquistador Of The Dance Floor (Feat. Lego) *
10. Hospitality
11. Theme For Midnight Stella
12. Goofballed
13. My Bop Bop
14. Dia's Pain In Spain
15. Wallflower Army
16. Barely Gold, Man
All songs written & performed by the Manimal sans * lyrics & guest vox by Lego

https://barrygoldman.bandcamp.com/album/best-of-2017

and here it is my best songs of 2017. Oh man. The year started with a song about Kanan's abs and ended with a song about Finland's 100th birthday. I think...that's a solid way to do things. I made sure "Kanan ball the future" was the first and last lines in the songs for the sake of bookending the year's 8 albums nicely.

First of all I need to thank Paipis and Lego once more. Pipe, as you know I wouldn't have even started making music if you didn't happen to mention Reaper and then Sonic Youth. and Lego just having some one comment on my tracks and such is all I need to keep going! So thanks both of you for being my supporters! You need even a little bit like that to keep inspired.

My songs this year are much better then last, though still not great or overly listenable it's just you know, me making my way through things. I think it drives me slightly crazy how many times I've listened to my own albums, but it's what you gotta do. To note where you can improve and what you did wrong. This year started strong with Flat As Manitoba which was to the best of my music abilities as my last release of the year, Barry Goldman's World Tour was to. But Midnight Stella was such a violent drop in quality, mostly due to low inspiration, Beefheart, and FAWM. Still that's where "My Bop Bop" was born.

Magnus Bridge is maybe my "biggest" creative work and the one where things really started. Stella, the Diametric Twin Tailed Goddess and all that came to be. Stella is like the most confusing character ever, and the story told on that album makes no sense. Homestyle was a fun one to make, Black Hair Like Blood was the best of my abilities at that time though it should've been longer and could've been improved in many parts. This summer was wild with 50/90 being awesome and coming up with too many songs. So Aesthetic is super uneven and sort of samey. 

Then Call of Mugi is a boring one, but tighter in some ways. Though the concept, continuing Magnus Bridge, is even worse. I went too hard on things, now I don't think I can make a K-ON framed song again. I've done so many songs with references or thoughts to K-ON! and Love Live this year that it's silly. Kanan balled, Mari-nated, Dia-Rama, the big ones. My confidence and everything has improved from just grinding however, so I have formed myself into a better artist by the time of my latest Barry Goldman's World Tour. My music's mood is also reflective of my times this year.

I don't know where I go from here, I thought in November 2016 I had done everything I could as a one man band, but clearly that was wrong. Nothing about this is ideal, my set-up, my drumset, everything, none of it is ideal. But I just make due with what I have and deal with it. I want to play with a band yes, but I don't want to go through the stress of managing people. There is no magic always motivated and ready group waiting for me. So I will just continue as I do. Nothing happened from January 1st to now to change my musical set-up and unless I do something nothing will.

Yohane's Gothic Dawn is my favorite song I made this year, though Magnus Bridge and Kanan's School of Sunshine are my best. But Yohane's Gothic Dawn is a song that both rocks the hardest and reflects Chester's death, 2007 sentiment and is framed around a Love Live character. and it has my best solo.

But who knows not me. We just roll on eh eh yes yes okay yes indeed alright. The cover is kind of boring, I did so much with my friends this summer and have so many pictures of THE TREES AND NICE BLUE SKIES so I felt it was best to put one like it, and it fits my music, but it's just like. Wow a sky and water and trees, creative. But ya, so it goes eh.

To the next adventures...

« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 02:05:18 PM by Manimal Claus »