March 29, 2024, 05:57:28 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: FS"s Portfolio  (Read 2374 times)

Offline Forlorn Serpent

• Children's Book Author and Screenwriter
  • Your Typical Unpublished Author... by choice
    • View Profile
FS"s Portfolio
« on: June 30, 2016, 12:14:22 AM »
Hello,

I am a screenwriter who can help you organize your written stories so that it can be read clearer by manga artists.

For my relevant credentials, I graduated from Texas State University with an English Degree. I took courses in Screenwriting, Filmmaking, and Film Theory. I also took classes in Women's Literature, Children's Literature, Rhetoric, and American Romanticism (not the lovey-dovey romance genre).

Why should you hire me?
  • Your prose can make your stories difficult for manga artists to interpret. I can fix that.
  • You are unaware of the emphasis you are putting on nonvisual elements. I can fix that.
  • You need someone to tell you if your story is appropriate for a manga. Sometimes a novel would be better fit. /li]
A script is a helpful part in manga writing. Learning to do this is easy when you get the hang of it. Eventually, you will not need my services when you start to catch on. I will even help you during your script writing transition.

Here are some of my works.

MR. NICE GUY
Spoiler

RAISON D'ETRE
Spoiler

TRICKS AND TREATS
Spoiler

My Service
  • Transfer your story into a script
  • Breakdown the script to show what camera angles you should use and what is included in a panel

I will work on any written story. All genres and content. I will include a FREE contract that you can use so you won't have to worry about me stealing your stories.

Prices:
$5.00 a page
$6.50 a page with camera angles and panel breakdown

I have come to learn through experience that a typical script of this kind, 1 page could be like 1-3 pages of a manga. I hope you guys and gals keep that in mind.

PM me for more details or price negotiations.

PS -
if you want a contract written for a project, I can write it up for you. Please check any COUNTRY and STATE laws if you have questions. I can check for you for an additional fee.
$10.00 a contract.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 01:27:30 AM by Forlorn Serpent »

Offline CreativeWriter

• View Profile
Re: FS"s Portfolio
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 12:19:25 AM »
You see what you are talking about (Screenplay writing) is easily taught by high school English teachers or even self taught from internet.
But that isn't really what I wanted to talk about,

Not sure what I want to talk about either.

I guess I'm just short off words on how I finally found a serious, experienced writer that seems to know what he's doing/talking bout but pretty pricey.  :glare: :unsure:

Offline Forlorn Serpent

• Children's Book Author and Screenwriter
  • Your Typical Unpublished Author... by choice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 01:18:39 AM »
What high school would teach screenwriting? I'm curious. I'm guessing near LA.  :tongue:

Learning by yourself doesn't teach you about plot points, pacing, wordiness, white space, character archetypes, how to pitch your story. Oh wait, it does  :thumbsup: well, only if you learned and not just picked up what you thought was important.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 01:24:38 AM by Forlorn Serpent »

Offline CreativeWriter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 06:31:18 AM »
My English teacher in high school taught me screenplay write couple years back. Although I doubt I'm getting it 100%, so I could see your point.