March 29, 2024, 01:12:31 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Best Final Fight Scenes  (Read 6252 times)

Offline Forlorn Serpent

• Children's Book Author and Screenwriter
  • Your Typical Unpublished Author... by choice
    • View Profile
Best Final Fight Scenes
« on: June 17, 2016, 09:11:51 AM »
Before i actually took a class in American Films, I never sought after musicals, westerns, melodramas, or film noirs. It gave me a chance to widen my horizon and i thought i would do the same and hopefully everyone else here as well.

I thought it would be cool to post the best final fight scenes that at least appears at first glance to be more poetic than your average movie experience. I would prefer not to have replies that smell of what people consider only "film" worthy movies.

For those who reply and post, please watch the entire scenes that others have posted and comment.

I will start with the Once Upon a Time in the West. It's an old movie. I would have never of seen if not forced to but it was really worth it. It really inspired me for my own western manga idea. The use of flashbacks work great in the scene. Even if you never have seen or heard of this movie, the scene is so isolated that background information is not necessary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdK0jaLuJL8

I also want to add this scene from Boondocks. It counts since it is Riley's final confrontation with the bad guy.

There will be F-Bombs, please keep that in mind.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMx8wxDa-1w
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 03:07:18 PM by Forlorn Serpent »

Offline Jinjer

• View Profile
Re: Best Final Fight Scenes (climax)
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 12:17:43 PM »
that entire sequence in "ninja in dragon's den"

it's like a megaman-style boss rush in movie form

Offline Forlorn Serpent

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 02:58:13 PM »
that entire sequence in "ninja in dragon's den"

it's like a megaman-style boss rush in movie form

I looked up a couple of scenes and the end scene. I didn't expect the boob flash. I never thought about using sexuality in a final fight. I haven't seen it done unless we count what Naruto did to Kaguya.

Offline Jinjer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 01:41:41 AM »
I looked up a couple of scenes and the end scene. I didn't expect the boob flash. I never thought about using sexuality in a final fight. I haven't seen it done unless we count what Naruto did to Kaguya.

it's not exactly that "serious" of a kung-fu movie unlike most of the ones that have become known in the west

Offline Forlorn Serpent

• View Profile
Re: Best Final Fight Scenes
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2016, 03:06:54 PM »
I figured it wasn't when i heard the dialogue. It was cool.  :thumbsup:

I have another one that i like.

The Grey.
For background info about this scene, everyone in the wallets died. The MC wanted to kill himself in the beginning but turns out he is the last man left.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaehj7_wiAQ

Why it think it's good. You have a character reversal. His confrontation with God (he just yells out to Him to help) before this scene shows how exhausted he is with all of this. And we see Humanity as nothing but fighters in a cold indifferent world.

Offline Forlorn Serpent

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2016, 07:59:36 PM »
Before i get torn a new one, i would like to say i think Lady in the Water was constructed really well. It is a perfect example of starting late and ending early. Remember, i did take a screenwriting class so i actually have an opinion on the matter.

Why i think this is a good scene:
The music, the delay of the guardian, and just the unexpectedness of the scene. It is one of my favourite reveals. Of course i did watch this when i was 16 and i still like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIjJe0OYRoU

Offline PageTurnerComics

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2016, 01:17:38 AM »
It's not the FINAL fight, but it feels like it. Yusuke Urameshi going Mazoku to take out Sensui in Yu Yu Hakusho. If I can't have that, then Tetsuo vs Akira. A new universe gets created. Not much you can do to top it.

Offline Forlorn Serpent

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2017, 12:54:33 PM »
This is from the show Metalocalypse. it's been edited but the jist is that their manager has been dead for a while and the band is trying to live without him, but their recording company is looking to control them. 

the ending give me chills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2cIgvBYoT8