December 10, 2018, 02:21:08 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Tablet/program problems...  (Read 1178 times)

Offline Robin Ryuu

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
Tablet/program problems...
« on: May 25, 2016, 12:03:37 AM »
I'm just getting more and more frustrated that I can't seem to get my lines to look decent... I don't know if it's some setting in the art program I'm using or my tablet hardware or what, but my lines have never looked nice. They're jittery, sloppy, the line weight is awful and they have been since I got them installed.

I mean... I've tweaked stuff to make it better than it had been, but...

http://robinryuu.deviantart.com/art/My-first-time-using-a-tablet-and-Manga-Studio-5-504284893

I have to manually fix every single line I draw. It's aggravating and I make little to no progress each time I sit down and try to work on stuff. I see people making beautiful art with clean well formed lines and they do it in a fraction of time that I have to struggle to get even a half decent chunk. Lately just the thought of trying to draw on my main computer stresses me out.

Before I continue venting...

Graphics Tablet: Tursion (TWHA60)
Program: Manga studio 5

I'm not even able to pinpoint the exact problem, but... Anyone able to help?

Offline RaziKitsune

• Character Design Artist
  • PM for inquiries
    • View Profile
Re: Tablet/program problems...
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 12:32:55 AM »
Well from your description and image example, it may be your stabilization. Might need to install a up to date drive from the tablet company - if they offer those. I know wacom does. If you haven't already, or if I read wrong, try to delete and reinstall your tablet. Though it just might be MS5 missing with you. I have a friend who has that issue sometimes and just closes out MS and restarts its.     

If you have not youtubed this issue yet, which I think you might of already, there is a video titled: Manga Studios 5 & X5 tutorials: Penciling & Inking. Right about at 2:10 it talks about the brush size, hardness, and stabilizing. Over all helps with paneling comics/etc as well.

Don't know if ANY of that will actually help. I have MS X5, but I usually just use PainttoolSai more as regular drawing tool. For like sketching & inking before moving it to MS for toning. Or make panels then move it over to sai. etc.

Offline MK

• Super Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 03:48:47 AM »
Besides the stabilization that RaziKitsune said, it could be that you aren't drawing your lines fast enough.  Even with stabilization you still need to make quick strokes or the computer gets confused.  As for line weight, it can be adjusted in the settings or maybe you just need a different size brush.  With sensitivity on tablets you almost never get the full size of the brush you see because that would mean you need to press as hard as you can the entire time which just isn't efficient and it is really bad for your tablet/pen.  If you still have a problem then you can pm me and I'll try to tell help you on the weekend.

Offline MahluaandEggnog

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 04:29:39 AM »
I have a similar problem with my tablet pen, but it's for an entirely different reason. I got kinda p---ed at someone for interrupting and slammed the pen against my tablet, essentially doing what dry erase markers do when slammed that way--and I broke my pressure gauge. My pen is now exceptionally tricky because it'll get stuck in click and drag mode without any pressure being applied if I'm not careful. That's why all my work recently is traditional.

That was totally unrelated to your issue, and I'm sorry that I can't really be of much help, although you may want to consider getting a new pen as well?