November 22, 2017, 11:34:53 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Ellie Copperfield  (Read 1362 times)

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
Ellie Copperfield
« on: May 19, 2016, 11:25:52 AM »
A short story I'm working on, possibly could be a few short tales, about a young orphan girl in Victorian era England. The first few pages are nearly finished but here's the sketches as a teaser. Look forward to whats coming!

« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 12:19:06 PM by stardustpink »

Offline AzimuthComics

• Writer
  • Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Ellie Copperfield
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 12:07:27 PM »
A short story I'm working on, possibly could be a few short tales, about a young orphan girl in Victorian era England. The first few pages are nearly finished but here's the sketches as a teaser. Look forward to whats coming!

Looks almost identical to photos of Victorian London... I'm really impressed, they're excellent. Did you use real reference pictures?

"Power attained by violence is only a usurpation, and only lasts so long as the strength of the commander outweighs that of the subjugated."

Offline Upliftcomix

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 01:22:23 PM »
Beautiful work on these! Gosh it looks like you are gearing up to make a classic animation out of these. Great job! :clapping:
"Step three: Profit!" -Underpants Gnomes

Offline Chew211

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 02:53:54 PM »
You're really great with the architecture :D  it looks amazing!

Offline midsummer_feast

• Let's drink and enjoy our lifes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 11:44:12 PM »
so cute ~  :heart:

it's a really wonderful work you have done here stardustpunk =^,^=

:ohmy:
im not afraid of standing still, i am just
afraid of being bored.
im not afraid to draw my mind,
im just afraid of fight to survive.

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2016, 07:34:08 AM »

Looks almost identical to photos of Victorian London... I'm really impressed, they're excellent. Did you use real reference pictures?
[/quote]

Thank you ^^ Yes I did. Some I took myself, I live very close to London and go up there frequently so, lately Ive been making a habit of taking photos for reasons like this. I never realized how many lovely and old buildings are still actually standing. Makes great reference material. Others I used free online photos. And in some cases I mixed and matched to make summin new, sketched out summin new(like for Ellie's slum home) on a spare bit of paper first.

You're really great with the architecture :D  it looks amazing!

Well I think the only reason Im good at architecture is because I used references, but :P Thank you. References are a godsend! Especially for old time periods

Thank you everybody. Im especially glad the backgrounds were well received, Ive been needing to improve things like buildings and perspective.

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2016, 07:06:03 AM »
Those are really amazing backgrounds Stardust! Your art always has this charming look to it too. Looking forward to more! Keep it up

Offline suupertramp

• How to draw.....?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2016, 08:02:29 AM »
nice backgrounds. ive not seen you draw buildings much so i was pleasantly surprised :P

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2016, 07:20:32 AM »
http://kck.st/2gRltMN

So yes, I've placed this project on Kickstarter inhopes of gaining help to get it off the ground. The link is located just above

About this project

The project in question? A short graphic novel story, set in the 1800's, Victorian England. The story is about an orphaned flower seller named Ellie Copperfield and her friends, all trying to survive this harsh timeline as best they can.

Getting a comic together, even just a short story, is never the less alot of work. Funds allow me to take more time to actually WORK on pages, afford materials, even fairly pay collabrators to get the work out quicker.

To clarify, I tend to support Creative Commons realeased work, and plan to do the same with this. It will be realeased as an Ebook totally free to download, and permitted to share, so anyone can read it. I'll put it out wherever I can to spread the acess. Patreon, Smashword, my website, and hopefully other places like Amazon. Preferably making it easy for anyone to find and downoad.

More detials regarding the project cna be found on Kickstarter itself. If your feeling generous or would like to support this project, please do consider it.

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2017, 04:58:25 AM »
While unfortunatley I was unable to get the Kickstarter funded, and it relaly wouldve helped, I will never the less be trying my best to get this project off the ground ^^ Donations simply help with such things, so perhaps consider donating to my patroen account instead so I can continue to create artwork. If I get this halfway completed (and I plan to), I may even try Kickstarter again, mayby it could help get the rest complete.

Lets see how this goes and as ever, feedback is apprieciated.

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2017, 06:43:05 AM »
Trying to keep all curent projects going at a decent pace, so they dont go unforgotten or stale. Enjoy the update folks!