December 09, 2018, 04:47:58 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: The weirdest thing you've done for art?  (Read 1122 times)

Offline MissChurro

• ~Queen of Kawaii~
    • View Profile
The weirdest thing you've done for art?
« on: May 03, 2016, 04:57:21 PM »
So while trying to draw a character with a cape/cloak carrying a child on his back, I was trying to visualize how the child's legs would fit around the cape and how the cape would lay... but I couldn't find a reference online. That's how I ended up with a Disney blanket tied around my shoulders with a giant toy wolf on my back.

And that got me thinking: What's the weirdest thing you've done for art (or writing)? ::)

Offline AzimuthComics

• Writer
  • Writer
    • View Profile
Re: The weirdest thing you've done for art?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 04:59:49 PM »
Don't know if it's "weird", but often when I'm not sure how a character might respond to a statement, I say that sentence in real life and see how people react (within reason).

"Power attained by violence is only a usurpation, and only lasts so long as the strength of the commander outweighs that of the subjugated."

Offline 50 Words for Paipis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 05:03:27 PM »
I was in a bathroom one time and I thought it looked interesting, so I whispered a description of it into my phone, until somebody walked in and saw me whispering into my phone.

Offline AzimuthComics

• Writer
  • Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 05:04:47 PM »
I was in a bathroom one time and I thought it looked interesting, so I whispered a description of it into my phone, until somebody walked in and saw me whispering into my phone.

Why not write the description? Or hell, take a discreet photo.

"Power attained by violence is only a usurpation, and only lasts so long as the strength of the commander outweighs that of the subjugated."

Offline 50 Words for Paipis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 05:15:43 PM »

Why not write the description? Or hell, take a discreet photo.
Writing the description would take much longer, and my phone's resolution is terrible.

Offline Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 10:24:28 PM »

One time I had to shot reference in my school's bathroom because I was doing an illustration where the scene was in a bathroom :P Funny how things turn out.. :P

Offline Forlorn Serpent

• Children's Book Author and Screenwriter
  • Your Typical Unpublished Author... by choice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2016, 01:05:36 AM »
The weirdest thing I've done for art was doing it for art's sake.  :tongue:

Actually, I took a job for 3 months in a nursing home to see how people cope with aging and knowing that they will die soon. During my time there, I made sure to become friends with as many residents as I could. I worked 6 days out of the week. 5 people died and each one affected me. Depending on whichretirement home you end up in, it gets very depressing because of the workers there. Death is just another day for the workers and residents. I'm simplifying it but I got a lot of research out of it.

Online Manimal Claus

• God Of Yule & Seasoned Greetings
  • We All Love Santa Christ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2016, 05:59:41 AM »

One time I had to shot reference in my school's bathroom because I was doing an illustration where the scene was in a bathroom :P Funny how things turn out.. :P

I've done that as well! I took a lot of pictures actually, I was worried what to do if someone walked in but luckily it was during class. As for the topic...I'm surprised I can't think of anything right now!

Offline Upliftcomix

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2016, 05:55:07 PM »
Corpse research. The internet is a dark and disgusting place and Kahli worship is alive and well. I found it disagreeable to my disposition and decided future graphic corpses would just look the way I imagined them and not the way they do in real life. I also found that it is common practice worldwide to dig people up in cemeteries as soon as their families are mostly died out and sell the plot to someone else. Yuck!
"Step three: Profit!" -Underpants Gnomes