March 29, 2024, 12:58:45 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: How can make a good story contains mystery and intelligence like death note.....  (Read 2298 times)

Offline otaku1998

• View Profile
Hi everyone I want an excellent story like death note or code geass

How can I make a story contains mystery and intelligence like death note and code geass ? and how can I make a fighting scenes which have strategy and smart moves like naruto shippuden,bleach...etc ?

and also how a mangaka make a good story with (mystery and intelligence) (strategy and smart moves in fighting scenes ) I mean what he do to make a good story ?

sorry for my bad language and thank you to read my topic

Offline MisterSherbetLemon

• The MangaRaiders Political Correctness Enforcer...Ha!
    • View Profile
That's quite the complex question you've thrown out there. There's a couple approaches to mystery but depending on what the mystery is, some approaches don't always work.

What's common in all mystery themes and shows that involve strategy is that the reader should never know everything until there's a conclusion to that part of the story. In order to maintain interest however there needs to be tips for the reader to speculate on and make their own assumptions. The most talented mystery and strategy writers give plenty for the reader to speculate on while using misdirection to have them lean towards expecting a different outcome from what's planned.

That's a simple process to write but readers aren't dumb, if the expected outcome is better than the one you write it's going to seem stupid to the reader. You're kind of playing a game of cat and mouse with the reader the same way that characters in Death Note are playing with each other. Never presume your readers are dumb and never make your characters dumb just so a cool strategy that most people would expect will be used against that character.

The alternative method in a mystery is to omit certain details completely, the "Something's still missing" method. Your character gathers all the pieces of the puzzle but there's something he/she is missing, something they don't know that makes them uneasy. Usually this is a clue as to what their antagonist is planning next, something the protagonist won't work out until it's almost too late. They can be close to catching up to their adversary or besting them on numerous occasions without knowing what their grand scheme is. Even when they discover what comes next, they still have the questions of when, where and how. Keep them on the tail of their adversary but always give the antagonist something that has your MC on the ropes.

I'm sure there's other methods but really your best bet is to just look at how many mystery stories play out and work out what it is about them that makes them so intriguing.

Offline Ennuiwolf

• Writer and Color-er
  • Animal Obsessed Freak!
    • View Profile
I agree with MisterSherbetLemon. There's no right way to do anything, every writer just has their own method of picking out a mystery and taking readers through it. I'm not an expert on mystery, but for me, a good mystery is one which I'm allowed to walk with the protagonist. As he slowly finds the pieces of the puzzle and solves the mystery, I'm right there with him. But that's just it, that's my opinion.

What I suggest is ask around to see what the general consensus is on mysteries. How do people like their mystery stories? Painfully obvious? Suspenseful till the end? Once you get a view on things, you'll be able to craft out a good mystery.

In regards to fight scenes, those don't show up much in mysteries, like Death Note was more of a psychological journey. It went on the battle of two minds. However, if you wish to show psychical combat, keep it to a minimum, and don't glamorize it. Remember, it's not a battle manga, it's a mystery manga

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
I don't consider Naruto such a great example of smart fight scenes. Sure it has a few "that was clever" moments but its not that great.

When I think of creative fights I think of hunter X Hunter, One Piece. What else is good guys?

Facebook       Patreon

Offline Upliftcomix

• View Profile
Hi everyone I want an excellent story like death note or code geass

How can I make a story contains mystery and intelligence like death note and code geass ? and how can I make a fighting scenes which have strategy and smart moves like naruto shippuden,bleach...etc ?

and also how a mangaka make a good story with (mystery and intelligence) (strategy and smart moves in fighting scenes ) I mean what he do to make a good story ?

sorry for my bad language and thank you to read my topic

Research mysteries/real crimes/material similar to what you want to do and familiarize yourself with how the puzzles/evidence was found and solved. Outline what your stories major plot points and characters are. Assign each point the appropriate mystery/evidence/redherring/etc and connect the points.

Fights with stratagy are often based off of real fights with strategy. Watch real fights. Read a book on fighting. Check out action pose references.

How do you find the action? Take one action picture you find online and describe everything you see - which muscles are tensed? Where is there sweat? Where are the shadows in the pic? Where are the lights? What are they wearing/color/texture/length. What is the tension in the photo in the juxtaposition between poses/color/shade? How many fingers/toes can you see? Now try to imagine what that scene would look like two seconds later and describe it.
"Step three: Profit!" -Underpants Gnomes