November 17, 2017, 04:09:21 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Agni (Black Butler) Cosplay - AFW 2016  (Read 1190 times)

Offline canagg

• Gleaner of Sincere Falsehoods
    • View Profile
Agni (Black Butler) Cosplay - AFW 2016
« on: April 03, 2016, 05:05:05 PM »
Hi! I'm currently making my first anime cosplay for this summer's anime con in my city, and I am doing Agni from Black Butler, while my friend is cosplaying as Soma! This is, however, my first huge cosplay project. The other cosplays I've done have been rather simple since I could just find shirts and pants at thrift stores or whatever. For Agni, however, I'm sewing his coat and sash/belt by hand (and by hand, I mean by machine. :tongue:), and am making his head wrap thing. I will also be buying a white wig and white hair extensions for the wig. I will post pictures of the cosplay with both me and my friend once we have them complete!
But first... well, I need some pro tips from you guys!!! ^-^ I have been looking everywhere, and I have NO FRIKKIN CLUE HOW TO MAKE HIS HEAD WRAP. I SWEAR. I have some material, but I don't know if I'm supposed to cut it, how big it's supposed to be, etc. And even past that, I have no idea how to actually wrap it around my head!!! >.< Apparently, Agni is not the guy everyone wants to cosplay as. ;_; Poor guy. And those who do cosplay as him aren't the types to say HOW they cosplayed as him, so I have no idea how to do his head wrap!!!
Thoughts on his head wrap? Has anyone cosplayed as him and know how to do it? Or can any of you pros figure it out by looking at his pics?
Thank you in advance, and I look forward to making and wearing this cosplay!!  :heart:
"I write because I find the world is missing a person, a scene, or a creature and it is my job to fill the void."
     ~ Unknown

Offline Corycaly

• I'm the French yeti: often heard of but rarely seen.
  • Administrator
  • Life is a giant primary school playground.
    • View Profile
    • Corycaly's blog
Re: Agni (Black Butler) Cosplay - AFW 2016
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 04:08:27 PM »
Could you post a reference picture to see exactly what is the headband?
I'm sure there must be sewing patterns for it!

Offline canagg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2016, 04:42:20 PM »
I think I tried to, but couldn't for some reason... but, well... here's a go at it!

Yay! It worked!!!!! <3<3<3<3<3
Unfortunately, I can't find a pic of the back of his head... But here's a 3/4 view...

;_;
"I write because I find the world is missing a person, a scene, or a creature and it is my job to fill the void."
     ~ Unknown

Offline Corycaly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Corycaly's blog
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2016, 05:01:15 PM »
From memory, I think it's a Indian accessory but I don't know its exact name. I'll check on the manga version to see if they have a precise drawing of it. ^^

Offline canagg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2016, 05:37:09 PM »
I've been trying to look up pics/patterns/names of the head piece... but so far no luck... ;_;
Most Indian head coverings that I'm seeing don't have the little train in the back... or any train anywhere on the head. I could just get some fabric and experiment... at this point, that's all I can do... Google-sensei has failed me.
     ~ Unknown

Offline Corycaly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Corycaly's blog
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2016, 05:32:50 PM »
The headpiece is a turban! It's a traditionnal cloth in India. It's a long rectangular piece of fabric carefully put around the head. There are lots of tutorials on google.

There are two ways to use it for cosplay
- study with google how to put the turban  and put your turban on top of the wig
- use  a base (worbla? foam? hat?) that can be put in top of the wig. You can glue the fabric on it so you won't take hours installing the turban at conventions.

I hope it will be useful for you!

Offline canagg

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2016, 03:24:49 PM »
...A turban... of course it is... *facepalm* Well, I feel ridiculous now. XD
Thank you so much!!!! ^-^ I'm starting work on our costumes with my friend this week, and the convention is July 8-10, so I'll have pics by then!!! Thanks for your help, Corycaly-sempai!!!
     ~ Unknown

Offline Corycaly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Corycaly's blog
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2016, 02:29:16 PM »
I'm happy to have helped you. I hope my ideas will work for your project!