April 18, 2024, 09:16:04 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Draw from Anime/or Manga you're seeing  (Read 18919 times)

Offline Ryan

• View Profile
Re: Draw from Anime/or Manga you're seeing
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2016, 06:18:28 PM »
These are really good tutorials for backgrounds by a professional anime background artist
http://kotaku.com/tips-for-drawing-backgrounds-1759168924
http://kotaku.com/how-to-draw-detailed-buildings-1699399560

Just gotta start with drawing from reference  ;)! Take a screencap and copy/study it, digitally or traditionally. Draw it big, you gotta pay attention to the details and the perspective changes, too. If your form fundamentals are still wishy-washy, you can take a box, study it/draw it, and then draw buildings from the barebone drawing.

Use pencil as well if you start to study any new subject. You can study the subject with pen when you're more confident.

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2016, 06:23:58 PM »
Sort of exactly the stuff I was looking for. Thanks there Ryan.

I think I'll need to post that to see if I'm doing it right.

As for the pen, I draw with it to avoid getting hung up on mistakes. Pencils and erasers just make me crazier than I already am about drawing haha.

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2016, 07:05:00 PM »
The Manimal : Day 1

Manga : Today's Yuiko-san, evergreen
Anime : My Love Story 3 & 4, Erased 10, Ojisan To Marshmallow 10, Sushi Police 10, Girls Beyond The Wasteland 10

I pretty much abandoned the Niki picture but left it in anyways as unfinished it as is.

Also the winter shows are starting to feel like their wrapping up. There where pretty unexpected plot twists at the end of Wasteland and Ojisan! Ojisan, fricking 3 minute short threw something I couldn't have seen coming. Erased was pretty exciting this week to, predictable but I don't think it was trying to keep us guessing too hard as alternate options where not really presented.

Spoiler

One thing is clear, I don't know how to anime.

I drew these very quick and didn't get caught up in how accurate I was copying. I still feel like copying is a bit of a waste of time however this is all I've drawn today so far and I don't know if I would've even done anything so it's alright. So long as I draw something. I very quickly spewed some lines for the backgrounds.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 08:27:30 PM by Manimal »

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2016, 07:18:18 AM »
Your output is amazing as always Manimal. I must learn your ways.

And I think it's about high time I checked out Erased. Winter season wrapping up? More for me. I hope they're no cliffhangers though. I'm a bit tired of newschool anime only being season 1s and the like haha.

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2016, 07:38:40 AM »
Not really dude, this took no time. It took the completion of Mika Nakashima's Love album for me to draw the anime pictures and post them. I drew very quickly for this.

Erased is pretty good, very gripping cliffhangers each week. I like new animes being 1 season myself. Nice and short is how I like anime, new shows every few months is very nice. Though I could go for 3 seasons more of Dagashi Kashi.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2016, 05:30:30 PM »

From Boku no Hero Academia
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 02:24:29 AM by legomaestro »

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2016, 07:22:25 PM »
The Manimal : Day 2

Anime : Dagashi Kashi 9, Pandora In A Crimson Shell 10, Oshiete! Galko-Chan 10

Weak episode of Dagashi Kashi. It was very slow and focused on one on one interactions between Saya-shi & Hotaru and Coconuts & Hotaru. Not horrible but it was slow.

Spoiler

My drawings here are very poor. I'm not a very good copier at all. I guess the point of this workshop is to work on that, I admittedly mindless copied these. While I did guidelines and tried to figure out the shapes I got lazy with them. I sucked all the cute out of Clarion.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 08:08:16 PM by Manimal »

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2016, 02:26:24 AM »
Haha actually you could draw mannequins over the screenshots and still be part of the workshop. And besides, I'm sure you've learnt some interesting things there. The outfits for example haha.

Pandora in A Crimson Shell has nekomimi? *Bookmarks

Keep at it man! Doing fine I think

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2016, 07:33:25 AM »
Ya, it's not too bad to do this I'm just not a master at copying. I never was before either but atleast this time I understand a lot of things about drawing that I didn't before.

Pandora does have a cute nekomimi, who gets her robotic vag graphically fingered by another android as her way of powering up. and despite this it's not even a fanservice anime. Such an unusual show. It was moving so slow that when I missed episode 7 and watched an episode ahead by accident I didn't even know until I was done, because nothing happened until the 2 recent episodes.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 07:36:45 AM by Manimal »

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2016, 07:37:51 AM »
What no no no no I will pretend my glasses malfunctioned for a milisecond there and move on

I love anime can still surprise me.

I need to learn how to draw expressions like that too hahah. I only have angry or serious in my visual vocabulary

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2016, 10:37:02 AM »
Okay well I fell super behind on this. I got involved with a big project that proved to not be the right time and man, it shouldn't be this hard to just draw some screenshots. I'll try to restart today rather than doing catch up.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2016, 01:08:01 PM »
I hear you man, I also got sidetracked but   looking to catch up on things as much as I can. Still not quite ready yet though

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2016, 04:27:31 PM »
Okay what I've watched today so far.

Dagashi Kashi 10, Konosuba 4+5, Oshiete! Galko-chan 11, Pandora In a Crimson Shell 11

Good week for the shows, most of which will be finishing next week. Pandora actually had a really good episode, comedy was on point and overall it was quite enjoyable. Konosuba is an excellent show and this week's episode of Dagashi Kashi was centered around one big punchline, which worked and was funny but it was a real long episode since it focused on one sketch rather then 2 or more like usual. The show has taken a weird detour so we'll see where it goes next, the last two episodes actually tied it to each other.

Spoiler

This time I sat on my couch and drew form my TV. A much better method actually, I drew very quickly for this so the art is not high quality.

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2016, 09:20:25 PM »
What I watched today.

Konosuba 6-7

Spoiler

Not good drawings but I'm just trying to keep up with this so I did them very quick.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2016, 03:22:43 PM »
Spoiler

Well no matter what you say yours still look like they're carefully thought out, while I end up with playdough.

Fortunately it looks like my time is being reasonable again, so I'm looking forward to getting this done for longer than a few seconds.