May 20, 2018, 07:42:17 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Draw from Anime/or Manga you're seeing  (Read 6661 times)

Offline Ryan

• View Profile
Re: Draw from Anime/or Manga you're seeing
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2016, 03:53:07 PM »
Here's some stuff I started a while ago but didn't finish until today. I was trying to compile some techniques for drawing manga in photoshop that I'd want to use in the future, so I copied some stuff from Otomo(akira guy). The manga is Hansel and Gretel.
Spoiler
Spoiler
(I didn't completely finish one of the panels)
Original images
Spoiler
Spoiler
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 03:58:21 PM by Ryan »

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2016, 03:54:26 PM »
Those are pretty amazing Ryan!

Spoiler

Offline Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2016, 03:59:56 PM »
Thanks, I definitely put a good amount of hours in for it. That's a pretty good drawing there lego, make sure you are more thoughtful and take your time when discerning the shape of the nose(or any facial features, for that matter) next time.

Offline suupertramp

• How to draw.....?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2016, 04:18:21 PM »
well i am back now from my coursework binge, which ended sooner than i thought because i had no idea what i was doing :P

i love this topic idea and its actually something i have been doing every week for the last 2 years now.
one of the main reasons i started reading manga (as opposed to anime) was to get better at the drawing, since i think manga is a lot more detailed and "accurate" than anime

@lego thanks for the mention of the gesture program, if anyone is interested i am developing a proper version that works, if you have suggestions let me know :P

here is the last thing i drew recently, generally i focus on one thing in a picture rather than the whole composition, in this case it was head shape/hair for male/female faces

Spoiler

i probably wont post too much of my stuff here since i almost draw this every day, i dont want to fill the thread up :P
i have actually tried drawing while watching anime (not paused), which is INSANE because you have 4-5 seconds max before the picture changes. you get awfully fast at sketching and making decisions mind you :P

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2016, 04:31:17 PM »
That sounds exactly like the sort of thing you would do haha. Do you get complete faces? Do you keep on drawing from what you remember if the frame changes or just give up? Would be interesting to try out once in a while.

And yeah, that software actually makes the daily anime watching life useful in a sense haha. I have a tonne of screenshots I got for no particular reason so it was fun to use them. My version doesn't work anymore though

@Ryan I hear you, I do. I just know my bad habits will remain for a very long time. I'll keep it in mind for sure though.

Otomo is a hard person to choose to draw. There was this thing he said in an interview where 'he was bored because he had drawn everything he possibly thought he could'. And looking at his phantasmal background skills, I had to agree.

Offline suupertramp

• How to draw.....?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2016, 05:33:31 PM »
i normally dont get complete faces. normally i can just about manage an eye or hair line. after a few sketches warm up i try and draw more from memory, but mostly i try and keep the observation levels up rather than drawing complete things. especially since i am actually watching the anime as well, i cant afford to miss too much if i am looking down too much.
i dont watch anime now to give me more drawing time, so thats that idea out the window :P

i will probably have a new gesture program by the end of the Easter break, but dont hold your breath. if i get a micro version thats stable i will get you guys to test it :P

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock n' Roll
  • Beholder Of The Piirakka
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2016, 05:38:16 PM »
Actually the little bit of copying I did helped me a bit, I realized how badly I drew ears so I found it very easy to fix that when I was drawing earlier. There are things I don't like copying about anime, like the noses, and the fact that it's copying in general which I feel to be a waste of time, but I suppose it actually can help and perhaps depending on how you do it it's not too much of a waste. I fell behind again, missed like 4 drawings on Sunday, I'll get back to it when I do.

Offline suupertramp

• How to draw.....?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2016, 05:41:49 PM »
yeah copying for the sake of copying can sometimes be fruitless. call it "studying" and it somehow becomes meaningful again. its all about how much you are learning when drawing, regardless of what you are actually doing (copying/sketching/doodling)

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2016, 05:47:53 PM »
I sort of half learnt that from doing the manga tracing workshop, which did teach me some things permanently, but I did feel dissapointed that I didn't get a massive level up drawing-wise.

In the end a lot of these sorts of workshops don't stick until you apply them to your practical work haha.

Offline suupertramp

• How to draw.....?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2016, 06:45:12 PM »
yeah i think its best to try out everything at least once, to try and find the methods that you learn best with

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2016, 04:54:57 PM »

Offline suupertramp

• How to draw.....?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2016, 05:54:29 PM »
"That is important, DO NOT Screw it up"
yup, thats pretty much my catchphrase :P
good work on the uniform though, you will get better at the face with practice :P

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2016, 06:31:17 AM »
Cheers suuper

Offline Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2016, 12:27:23 PM »
The one on the left looks pretty spot on Lego, good job

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2016, 08:18:37 AM »
Thanks man!
Spoiler

Ballpoints are fun... Until they're not haha. I feel more and more like drawing an actual manga page though. I really hope I'm learning from this.

Face is lopsided and stuff. No big thing learnt here  other than remembering ballpoints are fun