August 15, 2018, 01:32:34 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Draw from Anime/or Manga you're seeing  (Read 7052 times)

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Draw from Anime/or Manga you're seeing
« on: March 10, 2016, 07:15:45 AM »
For one week, For every anime episode you watch, take one screenshot and draw it. Avoid tracing and break it down into simple forms and/or shapes to show understanding. For every manga you read draw from a page as well using similar techniques.

suupertramp made a software that plays back your screenshots for a quick figure drawing excercise. And goodness knows I have tonnes of screenshots in my folder but have no use for them.

Also, I find it a shame that I've read so much manga, and am impressed by the art, but never take anything away from what I watch or see. I thought it would be nice to learn a little from whatever you're watching if not for a little while.

- Make sure to ask questions or take note of what you had difficulties with. Make observations you feel have helped you from whatever particular scene or page you are referencing

- Have fun! Let's learn together

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock n' Roll
  • Good Ol' Poika
    • View Profile
Re: Draw from Anime/or Manga you're seeing
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 07:41:20 AM »
In-ta-resting. I don't like copycatting and drawing in a typical anime style but perhaps I'll try. But this means I have to draw a screenshot from Sushi Police. Oh God why.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 07:45:42 AM »
You're watching Sushi police? You've definitely got to explain that one in one way or the other.

If you're in then I can get this started pretty soon. Next Monday if that's cool with you?

Also more than just getting a screenshot out I thought it would be more getting the core stuff. Heck drawing a stick figure or a horizon line means you've taken something away from whatever you're checking out.

Offline Manimal

• Good Ol' Poika
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 07:48:42 AM »
Yes, it's horrible. Not even so bad it's good, just so bad it's bad. But it's only 2 minutes and I'm too far into it to drop. Will be amusing to draw those CGI Jimmy Neutron ass creatures.

I was going to start today, I'm ready to go already. Which means a screenshot from Girls Beyond The Wasteland and if I watch anything else.

I get what you mean, not just copying it mindlessly. Well I'll try and if I do it, it'll be an interesting log of what I watched in a week. 

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2016, 07:57:49 AM »
Today? Wowee I should up my game. Challenge accepted! Ironically, this may finally get me into watching anime after a bit of a break. Got so large of a backlog it's ridiculous. Well, manga reading has been going swell at least so that won't be a problem.

Man, I'm dissapointed to hear it's so bad it's bad. I have lost the skill to finish stuff I hate though. A certain anime I shall not mention cured me of that. *cough* Kirito must die *cough*

Offline Manimal

• Good Ol' Poika
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2016, 08:18:40 AM »
There you go. I guess I better watch Seikon no Qwaser, Valkyrie Drive Mermaid, Freezing, and Maken-Ki Two this week...

Well I didn't expect much out of a CGI anime. See it's just 2 minutes every week so it's not that bad. My attitude with the new shows is, "well it's just like 20 minutes every week" so that's why I have yet to drop anything I've started this season. For the dull shows like Pandora In a Crimson Shell I just play guitar during them. But if Sushi Police was full length I wouldn't have made it through episode 1.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2016, 08:24:47 AM »
Yikes, don't forget Bikini Island and Cross Ange

Yeah, I get that totally. Guitar while watching anime? Hmm... I can barely draw because I have to read the cursed captions. Sometimes I feel like I should learn rudimentary Japanese, but then I feel it'd be sad to be able to hear everything properly.

Offline Manimal

• Good Ol' Poika
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2016, 08:31:03 AM »
Oh yes, I would be delighted to draw anal probing.

Ya man, I only do this for shows that I don't really care about. It's the only way I can get through Pandora and Phantom World. But to be fair Phantom World has gotten better, Kyo Ani decided to throw the story out the window and now it's a shockingly fun episodic adventure. Initially a disappointing follow up to Hibike Euphonium, a legitimately good show, Phantom World is now a prime example of a studio not caring. I don't miss any dialogue anyway, sometimes I don't hear things but you don't need you look at your guitar to play it you know. But I do feel like I miss things sometimes.

Also this is my 1666th post so I gotta do that again.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 08:40:23 AM by Manimal »

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2016, 08:56:01 AM »
Eh!? That one went over my head. But I shall not ask which anime that came from.

I heard you say Phantom World was good on the podcast. It might fill the hole that No Game No Life left behind.

*Flees from link in fear

Offline Manimal

• Good Ol' Poika
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2016, 09:01:56 AM »
Well you can guess, here's a hint the other show has a character enjoying tentacle rape.

I actually said the opposite on the show! If you take it not serious as Kyo Ani made it then it's a pretty fun show, also Reina. It's all about Reina, seriously the most eargasmic anime voice of the season next to Hotaru.

It's not scary dude. Also I guess we should stop flooding this first page so I'll stop right here and make my next post have drawings in it.

Offline MissChurro

• ~Queen of Kawaii~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2016, 09:27:03 AM »
I love this idea, Lego! I haven't watched anime/read manga in awhile but once I get back into it I'll join this. :thumbsup:
Question: can the screenshot also come from the anime opening/ending or manga cover? Or only from the contents of the episode/chapter?

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2016, 09:49:53 AM »
Cheers Churro! And yeah, any of those is okay. Actually anime and manga are just the guideline, but you're free to take inspiration from whatever you get your hands on haha.

Offline Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2016, 11:49:09 AM »
Cool idea :). Kim Jung Gi actually would always do this, but from his memory/imagination. Although this is also a good idea, too.

In terms of remembering characters, if that's something you want to do, try to remember the most important visual details. So if you want to draw a convincing Walter White, don't focus on his shoes; focus on his facial hair and glasses!

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2016, 02:08:28 PM »
Yeaup, this is a workshop for mortals, not time travelling aliens like him haha. Well, it helps anyways at least. Or I hope so.

I just noticed something about eyes from a manga I like to read. WIll post it up shortly.

And that's true on the Walter White thing haha.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2016, 05:31:37 PM »
Cant post the reference, but I found it interesting that even though Kubo is noted for having no backgrounds he still keeps them in check.

Other than hands I have a great fear of backgrounds and ignore them more often than not. My biggest issue being I don't know any simple place to start from