April 18, 2024, 03:55:17 AM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: What is the cosplay of your dreams?  (Read 6588 times)

Offline Corycaly

• I'm the French yeti: often heard of but rarely seen.
  • Administrator
  • Life is a bazooka.
    • View Profile
    • Corycaly's blog
What is the cosplay of your dreams?
« on: February 28, 2016, 04:08:28 PM »
Do you have a cosplay you wish  to make: a character you like, an outfit you fell in love with, a high level project you'd like to achieve: tell us more about it!

I have several cosplay dreams I'd like to make one day, when my sewing or props/armors abilities will have improved.

Pride of soul (Chinese mmorpg), artist: Koch 43

:heart: : I discovered the concept art in deviant art and fell in love with the outfit. The weapons conceptual art is awesome too!
Why it's a dream for now: For now, I try to understand which sewing technics I could use. I have the fabrics but everytime I try to begin the project, I become full of doubts. Maybe I need more self confidence: sometimes I become so detail oriented that I forget that cosplay is for fun.

Roselinde Freya from Shining Blade

:heart:I like this gorgeous warrior! I like warriors girls and the mix of sewing/armors technics.
It's only a dream for now because: I need to improve my armor technics a lot. T__T

Saint Seiya
 :heart: Saint Seiya is one of my favorite anime from my childhood. I loved the recent stories from The lost canvas arc.

Aiolia from Saint Seiya Gold

:heart:  I didn't like this manga but I love the intricate details of this armor.
It's a dream for now because: the materials I'd like to use are too expensive and I need to improve on my technics.

Dégel from Lost canvas:
 :heart:  I love both the character and the armor!

Albafica; from Lost canvas arc

:heart: The pisces knight: the first "Lost canvas chronicles" book was dedicated to his past. A very touching and sad story. An absolutely fascinating book!
It's only a dream for now because of the reasons I detailed above...and because I think I'd need to lose some weight first. And I'd need to find a solution to hide my breasts too  :ninja: :tongue:

Offline Nairbons

• A Rootin' Tootin' Cowpoke
    • View Profile
Re: What is the cosplay of your dreams?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 11:29:12 PM »

Well, if I could ever pull off a decent Zangief cosplay, it would mean that I've become a big burly buff guy. But that's probably a seperate aspiration altogether.

If I had to settle for another "Pro wrestler from a fighting game," then Beowulf is my go-to option. Heck, it doesn't even look too hard to pull off.

As for pie-in-the-sky levels of impressive costumes I would like to own: The armor on the box art of Dark Souls 2 looks pretty dang cool to me. I think it's just that bit of fur around the shoulders. Beowulf has that too. Maybe that's just a thing I like? Huh.

I don't plan on making any of these, but I wouldn't mind trying to make my own Super Sentai/Power Rangers/Kamen Rider type of helmet. Not the whole suit, just the helmet. Them's the best.

Offline Corycaly

• I'm the French yeti: often heard of but rarely seen.
  • Administrator
  • Life is a bazooka.
    • View Profile
    • Corycaly's blog
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 03:23:33 PM »
I like your projects! I have seen muscles suits which can transform cosplayers into Hulk or ultra muscled characters. Maybe you can find a tutorial to fulfill this project!

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 05:16:22 PM »
@corycaly
thats an absolutely gorgeous dress. if you dont feel too confident, make a dolls size one first, that saves material :P although it might be harder to add the fine detail

im not too into fashion and stuff, but i do like gothic style, so lots of black, chains, buckles and stuff. i am still building my clothes reference collection and dont yet have much like that so i havnt yet found anything specific.

i do have an amount of basic textile skills, so making something isnt out of the question, but its probably gonna be after i become good at manga, so another couple of years minimum. i will probably end up creating the costume for one of my characters in my story, then cosplay as them :P
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!