March 28, 2024, 04:56:01 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: The MangaRaiders Battle Arena. Enter your character!!  (Read 12875 times)

Offline Hope4Future

• Future Writer
  • "Ryujin no ken o kurae!"
    • View Profile
Re: The MangaRaiders Battle Arena. Enter your character!!
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2016, 01:14:12 AM »
Quote from: Walter B
Cool, is that rage artifact a new thing? Didn't remember it.

not exactly. if you read closely in the previous one, it is mentioned but not as much as i should've, which i wanted to bring up during the tournament but just forgot about it. its kinda like an add-on that he uses much later in my project but i gave him the option to use it in the tournament; sorta like his trump card. this time i decided to go into more detail about it.

btw, could you transfer the version on here to the one on the tournament page?

Maybe a solution would be to allow somebody to enter an additional character only after they have contributed two fights with their first character. So people can't just dump a bunch of characters. Those who contribute to the workshop by writing a couple of fights could then enter additional characters, and so on.

that sounds like a solid idea to me, i can live up to that. it does seem like having one character per person would add up to a lot anyway, maybe if some people want to swap their characters then i suppose they could do that as well.

Offline vasili

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2016, 03:25:44 AM »
 Good idea to start. I can draw some arena for you. just give me general idea via PM.

My suggestion for this kind of event is as following.
  1. You should add in some story to the fight give a reason to fight for build some town to support the story.
  2. You should assemble some committee who run the tournament ,edit fighting state and draw intro story.
  3. You should have the clear rule on how you judge the artist (ex. give the point base on vote or by judge).

Here is this kind of event that they do on FB in my country.
   https://www.facebook.com/groups/949941655026085/
    They judge the winner of each round by voting. The committee is the one who edit the topic and
    operate all event.
   I will also sent some character to joint with you guy too. :thumbsup: 

^
   ^
  Relate to the upper comment. In my country the tournament only limit to 1 character or duo character
   per person. The one who want to joint the tournament must have their character introduction in detail as
   following.
       1. Intro story not least than 4 pages of complete manga.
       2. Complete character design (in color) with detail explanation of their skill and move with referent picture
           (because the opponent need information to draw your character in their turn  ) and general
            data of the character (ex. age ,sex etc.)

« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 03:36:03 AM by vasili »
---- Just draw alot -----

Offline Ser0ooo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2016, 09:37:07 PM »
Ok so here is Ryoni once again. He's been updated so you'll notice some differences. I've been working on his story and developing him and the other characters.

Ryoni (Demon Hunter)

Ryoni (Demon Hunter) *name will possibly change*

Appearance: has a family tattoo (meant for warriors) it is visible and goes up from his hands to his forearms. looks like tribal
Tattoos symbolize protection which protects their body from the demonic souls entering their bodies, tattoos of strength to give them the strength to control the demons as well as use them for battle.
Tattoos of capture that contain the demons within the tattoos so they do not have access to the users body., and lastly tattoos of the mind that strengthen the mind to not allow the demons to cloud their judgment and decision making but it takes a strong will of the character to fully control themselves 100% of the time. Without them the demon would have control of the mind. They also protect from attempted mind control or attacks of the mind in general

Hair: short on the sides and medium long hair on top. Long enough to style it but not long enough for a ponytail. Think like a modern day hair style.

for the tattoos.
The ceremonial tattoos goes from the hands to the forearms because the link between them and the demon happens when they grab their weapons and from there the tattoos shape the users body into the demon which is inside the weapon.
The ethereal demon that he cannot control is contained with a giant seal on his chest to contain all the power. a huge chest tattoo that slightly resembles angel wings but with a magical seal look to them.

Clothes: wears a form fitted jacket that rises up around the neck covering his mouth. Story takes place modern day so it can have an urban style to it. Color scheme is undecided. I'm thinking a black, maroon and white but I'm open to new ideas. over that he wears a tattered all black poncho meant to cover all his weapons when walking around the city.
pants type are undecided so far.

Personality:he is very serious and task driven. He does whatever it takes to accomplish the task at hand. He is tactical and precise but once he is in a situation he was not prepared for he has a late lack of self confidence that makes him focus less on strategy like he normally does. After the first chapter he no longer has this issue. He is very cold and serious unless speaking to his brother. His brother is his only separation from his job as a demon hunter.
He tries to be like his father because his father is very cold and serious and he is a great hunter so he thinks that's what it takes to be a great hunter. He strives to make his father proud by excelling in his training. He masters every weapon that he is taught to use and has a gift for combat. He uses a large variety of weapons and carries them all with him unlike most hunters who specialize with 1 or 2. This gives him an advantage over most people since he can use a weapon specifically to counter his opponents.
Although he seems to be exactly like his father his inner self is much different. Less confident than he seems and more caring than most people think and not as serious.

Body type:
Muscular due to him training constantly since the age of 10.
Has a gymnast type body.

Abilities when not wielding weapons:
he uses magic to enhance his speed, strength, durability and reflexes.
master with very large variety of weapons ranging from swords and shields all the way to more modern weapons like guns and rifles
Very acrobatic and has an assassin style to his movements.
Able to harness the powers of demons through the use of weapons. when he wields a weapon he begins to change form into the demon that is trapped inside the weapon.

Type of Demons/weapons
“The gate key” is a spiked gauntlet that he found in the demon world which allows him to open a gate between the demon world and earth. It also amplifies his magic abilities. He wears it on his right hand.
Physical demon: element: Earth:sawed off shotgun: shotgun can shoot bullets made of magic stone which is stronger than an average bullet, athletic build, has 2 long horns,  3 arms, one large 3 fingered claw like armored arm on one side used for strong melee attacks as well as meant for defence and 2 arms on the other side used for using shotgun and any other weapon he creates. creates weapons by reaching to the ground and forming a weapon out of the element earth. weapon can burst into flames. has large horn like spikes coming off of his shoulder blades physically durable and has extremely enhanced strength, can create large one handed weapons. ex. large axes, and huge swords to fight with Demon is cocky and arrogant so it causes Ryoni to show slight moments of cockyness. sawed off is attached to his right thigh in a holster

Physical demon: Bo staff:element: water: Has a medieval looking knight helmet on but it is the demon's face. long horns coming out of the side of his head with a slight curl to them.  lean build. Can manifest wings to fly briefly. wings come out of lower back and are long and thin. Durable and Extremely strong. Demon is focused and very tactical which enhances Ryoni’s fighting ability when wielding his bo staff. bo staff is strapped to his back

Spiritual demon: shortbow: element: Fire: Very fast, Has wings and no legs. can shoot up to 3 homing shots at once made of magical fire. able to process information very quickly and has a hit and run type tactic when fighting but Ryoni is not limited to that strategy. short bow is in a collapsible tube that expands to form the short bow. it is attached to the back of his belt horizontally. he does not carry arrows because he can create homing energy arrows when wielding it.

Spiritual demon: chain with blade: element air: Lean build. large sharp teeth and nails are sharp like claws. Extremely fast, but not as physically strong as the physical demons. Uses the Chain blade to attack enemies at long and short range. is constantly moving. can also use the chain blade to maneuver quickly around the battlefield and quickly change directions. can become intangible for brief moments, can make a clone of himself that only last 5 seconds at a time. Able to teleport short distances. attack strategy is very aggressive and relentless sometimes to a fault. when Ryoni is in this form he has moments of impulse  Chain is wrapped around his whole left arm and the blade is connected to a strap on his forearm that makes it protrude from his fist like a bladed knuckle that allows him to do a stabbing punch even when not wielding the chain blade. the chain is connected to his chest. he wears a leather strap across his chest and around his shoulders that the chain is connected to. it allows him to brace his body for sharp turns and swinging from the chain instead of his arm bearing all the load.

Ethereal demon: dual kukri: large God like demon, stands at 4 stories tall. can manipulate and create hellfire, can summon a small army of demons, telekinesis , occasionally  uncontrollable due to its immense power. Dual kukri’s are placed along his hips. They have no hilt and are just wrapped in cord.

When first turning into it, it is still ethereal demon in control but the family with divine intervention help contain it and put a holy seal on the weapons to help him control it. Eventually he needs its full power so he breaks the seal but because he is much stronger than before after a slight loss of control he regains control of the demon

Offline What About Christmas?

• The Hotties of all Hotties
  • College Student, Still Frizzy Haired and Stressed
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2016, 01:18:15 PM »
Is anybody gonna fight or what? >:)

Offline Hope4Future

• Future Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2016, 04:39:16 PM »
i'm tempted to, but i was waiting for a more suitable opponent. every character here is either too strong or too weak.  :glare:

or maybe if some other worthy characters from the tournament wanna sign up then we'll get things started.  :ninja:

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2016, 05:46:21 PM »
I've always wanted these battle arenas to work out, but the simple fact is that the art is the problem haha. Write ups still work I suppose

Offline Ser0ooo

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2016, 05:49:39 PM »
I'm willing to collaborate with anyone that wants to go up against Ryoni.  :sure:

Offline BlazeB

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2016, 06:33:54 PM »
lol I doubt Noah will win cause of his Ability Lvl and personality, but I still think it'd be fun to have him in something like this

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2016, 07:34:25 AM »
I'm also up for a collaboration with Dakota! Bring it onnnnnnn~!

Offline Bito916

• How can we sing King Alphas Song?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2016, 01:12:03 AM »
If this is still open I'd like to enter my character, I had to nerf him quite a bit and still can if its too much.
Spoiler
Bito-
Height: 5'8"
Traits: Black wild hair, tan skin, medium build,

Usual Personality:
He wears a Gas Mask that is purple and has a filter on each side, he wears a black jacket with a woven black backpack, he has a significant other that drives his very existence.  He is quiet but gentle and nice, loves animals. He will not hesitate to protect anybody, he is an expert at parkour and martial arts. He is able to absorb energy for attacks, but his body can only hold so much before he loses control of himself and his body begins to decay. Has a single foot long Chimera claw he was able to snap off during a fight, incredibly sharp he uses it as a dagger occasionally.

"Mana-Crazed"
Goes into Mana-Crazed mode when desperate, or pumped full of energy. Mask comes off; he has fangs, black claws, and red eyes; Has little to no self control, in extremes he has no regard for any other life forms, except his lover of course, Roars ferociously, Much more aggressive and beastly, can pour massive amounts of energy into attacks. Attempts to devour any living thing, may get distracted from battle to attack weak animals for energy.

Regular Moves:

1. Claudo infirmiter - Light poison jabs, over long periods of time can heavily corrupt enemies body.

2. Demitto Animi -  can steal energy from physical and magical attacks to use as energy, the more energy he possesses  the more reckless he becomes.

3. Occidi intorsi - Projectile sphere, using different amounts of energy creates different sized projectiles.

3. Cudere Veneni- Grasping hands together he can slam down and crush dense objects or seriously corrupt a persons body.

4. Occisus inpello- Uses large amounts of energy collected in a heavy strike.

5. Funus spiritus- revives small life forms to attack for him.

6. Solidus Scuti- Uses all energy available for shield, then absorbs it again.

7. Meavi Inumbro- Uses energy to drop into any shadow, usually his, and can jump out of another shadow.

Special attacks:
1. Postremus Displosio- Steals life from all small or weak organisms nearby and unleashes all in concentrated burst.
2. Fatum Erupti- Place hand on, and explode with energy

3. **Cometes Incendium- Can only use while in Overdrive, All of energy is used to create massive orb that blocks out sun, Bito dashes around and strikes his opponent down using this will most likely result in a draw.
"Do whatever the *censored* makes You happy, cuz in the end who's there? You."
Free Plug for my Work, yo. Story Summary: http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,15846.msg256608.html#msg256608

story draft: http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,16569.msg266978.html#msg266978

Offline Kata_Misashi

• "Toucan Powah!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2016, 07:59:17 AM »
*wow, did I really misplace this?* o3o
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 08:19:03 AM by Kata_Misashi »

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2016, 08:12:47 AM »
I guess this thread kind of stopped? XD I have to go back and think about who I'm going to face, then I'll challenge someone!

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2016, 08:21:02 AM »
Hmm... I'm kind of afraid to do this to my character, since she will probably die fighting, but what the hay.

Hope4Future, my character is very interested in fighting your character, Kalvin, and she asks to challenge him. Are you in?

Offline Hope4Future

• Future Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2016, 02:28:47 PM »
wow, I forgot about this as well, I was waiting for more participants the whole time ...

Hmm... I'm kind of afraid to do this to my character, since she will probably die fighting, but what the hay.

Hope4Future, my character is very interested in fighting your character, Kalvin, and she asks to challenge him. Are you in?

What About Christmas:

Game on!

I didn't think you'd challenge my character to a fight but after revisiting the others I can see why though. your character does have a good dodge rate, weapons, and force fields ... so i'm certain she'll keep up just fine, it'd be an interesting match-up.

i'll PM you later with some helpful information.

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2016, 06:47:03 PM »
Awesome! See ya then!!