April 16, 2024, 06:32:20 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Give me a challenge.  (Read 15121 times)

Offline havoc

• Busy imagining reality.
    • View Profile
Give me a challenge.
« on: February 24, 2016, 06:18:39 PM »
Ok I did the intro - read here - http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,15759.0.html

Lego had a good point. Proof speaks louder than words. So instead of me just throwing a few things into a gallery. I would like a few good challenges. It will keep me from being bored.

Got something challenging to visualise or draw. Need a character refined. Challenge me. Keep it semi clean. I will need notes, don't make it too abstract. Give me something worth posting here.

Have an idea but not sure where to start in the writing. Let's put some dialogue to those characters in your head.

I need a couple good challenges. After all, the hardest part of art and writing is visualising someone else's vision. Its tough enough to do your own work let alone doing what's in someone else's head.

Leave a reply if you got something good in mind, and thanks.

Challenge accepted.

Havoc.

Horatio to Hamlet: "Do you ever feel your whole life has already been penned out?"

Hamlet: "Only when I hear the sound of pages turning as I move from room to room. It's enough to drive a person mad."

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
Re: Give me a challenge.
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 06:31:47 PM »
So you draw too or just writing? I may have something cool.

Facebook       Patreon

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 06:49:17 PM »
K dude.

This character is named Orange. He is a secret love agent. He is very tall and skinny and has many allergies. He has to carry a bag over his shoulder or a fanny pack containing his large collection of epipens and creams to fight random breakouts. He hides his eyes under those 80s style Cylon vision sunglasses has a long mess of black hair, no bangs it just flows from the back. He wears a way too tight white suit that looks like a classic secret agent but instead of a pants he wears tight track pants. He has swollen cheeks and skeleton like hands.

Well you wanted a challenge so I thought I'd put out this character. Just my dumb offering.

Offline MisterSherbetLemon

• The MangaRaiders Political Correctness Enforcer...Ha!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 06:52:22 PM »
Draw my 600 chapter anime for free  :tongue:

On a serious note, how about I PM you a cover illustration idea? 6 characters, 2 are full body, the others are just head and shoulders, up for it?

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2016, 07:01:21 PM »
If you want to flesh out a horror story and this concept interest you let me know:

The concept is a spider colony that webs a neural network.

The spiders make a giant spiderweb together but this is a special web. It can transmit information the way neurons do. All the spiders are connected and think like a single super organism and the bigger their web gets the more intelligent it becomes.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 07:07:45 PM by Walter B »

Facebook       Patreon

Offline Kata_Misashi

• "Toucan Powah!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2016, 07:05:59 PM »
Send Forth The Challenges! :fighting:

Alright, as a few know; my speicalty when making characters are 'beast-folk'.

Cutting to the chase I had the idea of a character; spieces being an otter with a love for music. Not wanting to go the typical route (water creature = water abilites), I gave him abilites based on sound itself. The idea I had was that his culture and region are music related. It's their life blood. If there is not rhythm, no beat, then just like the heart within a person; they die. With a mix of tribal-like area's and magic fueling it; his region is basically like one big rave in the ocean.

As much as that seems fleshed out, I... don't have anything else... No story, no look for the MC (got a name though. 'Treble'), and no personality. I love the idea... I just need some help to flesh it out and it can be a whole new segment to my other story I'm currently working on.

Challenging enough for you? ^^;;;

Offline vasili

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2016, 08:51:45 PM »
  What is your point? .
     I have 2 complete storyboard ready to turn in to the complete work but i don't have enough time to draw it myself.
   I get your idea that you want a good story but i think you better post some of your work here
   to show your style to the writer so that they can design the story base on your art.
    I have tons of story script and some complete storyboard. You can sent me (or post) some of your art work
[size=78%]     And i will sent some challenge to you.  [/size]
---- Just draw alot -----

Offline havoc

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2016, 01:35:46 AM »
Ok, thanks to those who so far responded.

Walter, I am both a professional artist and writer. In multiple aspects.  I have been a hesitant Imagineer to manga, though I love its artistry. To answer an unanswered question, fav inspirations include hayao miyazaki, Shinichir? Watanabe, Masamune Shirow, Hiromu Arakawa, Kentarou Yabuki, & Eiichiro Oda to name a few. Got a cool idea. Post -- pm, let's here it.

Manimal - funny - sound's good - it's on the project list. - thanks.

SML - yes - throw it my way - on the project list - I will need your color listings to for cover.

Walter again yes.  I will need a lot more detail to understand the full length of the concept. PM me or post, so I can get more of how the story evolves, or if you are looking for collab on concept let me know. I like the idea. Question: If the spiders have the ability to thread a network and communicate are the protagonist someone who can shear the threads? You said it was horror. How does the network affect normal human brain waves? How do the antagonists feed the story? What is the part that makes us fear?

Kata - it reminds me of string theory in physics. Where most of the top scientists on our world believe that the fabric of smaller particles like electrons have an internal structure of quantum strings. They vibrate like music and resonate what we consider our reality. Thus, music is life. Perhaps your protagonists have a deeper relation to this base element and can pluck at it, connect with it. The concept being that in music: Time, patience, and skill are needed to create harmony, but act too quick, too inpatient and discord and chaos soon fill the air. The moral being: Music can either lift us out of darkness or sink us into its bleakest depths. There's a lot to work with you just need to sort out your supporting characters and antagonist. You need to figure out why your protagonist is called into action. You need to figure what is tearing at this world, why it has started, and how our hero is the one who has the slimmest but only chance to restore harmony. Or it could be a comedy, where these musical powers lead to many a misguided encounter and humorous event. Just some base thought to start.

Vas - Good question. Because I have no one style. I admire a lot of different styles. Including tons that have nothing to do with manga. I'm use to project design. I'm often asked if I would create a design in this style or that style of format. It's not my clients problem, it's mine, and I work hard to see their vision see light of day. In this world if you want to get "paid" you have to be versatile. The difference between being an artist,  "Creates from self-reflection" Often unmovable, and a designer, "Creates from the vantage point of others." is merely a measure of how quickly you wish to get paid. It's a lot harder to get paid if you limit your ability. I understand lack of time to make your vision realised, there is a lot of talent here that I'm sure understand's the war of conscious over self-want and paying bill's. My point was only fun for now. To be challenged in a simple test of skill. Let's face it, I could post the most beautiful piece of art in a gallery, but how do you know how long it took me to make it? Maybe years. If I face a direct challenge here, everyone will know the time it took me. Vas - I'm sure you of all people understand you can collab with someone wonderful but if they are on their own time and wants you could be waiting a year or more hoping for results. Sometimes to find nothing has even been done. I have my own project, but have some extra time in hopes to build trust, something I told Lego, and trust can't be rushed. But I hope to build that trust here over time. I'm not asking for anything special yet, or promising miracles, just challenging myself for now.

Anyone else?

H.
Horatio to Hamlet: "Do you ever feel your whole life has already been penned out?"

Hamlet: "Only when I hear the sound of pages turning as I move from room to room. It's enough to drive a person mad."

Offline Operative13

• Self-Proclaimed Writer and Anime Enthusiast
  • Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2016, 01:43:01 AM »
I'm interested in putting out a request.  8)

Would you like just the description of the character or would the full background of them help?  :hmm:

Character: Terrance "Rabbit" Travors
Description: A 21-year-old man with brown eyes and short, ruffled brown hair. He wears a black fedora with a white band around it, a black 1960s trench coat with matching vest, tie, gloves, and trousers. A chest holster with a small 6-shot revolver is hidden behind the trench coat to his left side. Hidden underneath his white collar dress shirt is a black face-mask that wraps around his neck that doubles as a neck warmer of sorts.

Background: A sociopath wanted by authorities, Terrance Travors stalks the streets of Calis with a cold heart, calculative mind, and no-nonsense attitude, lurking in the shadows for his next victims. A man with no friends or family, his one dear obsession is with women, especially young ones. With the victims stacking up, a Special Case Unit led by the famous Detective William Stromberg is put together to hunt down the "Rabbit," but Terrance is always several steps ahead of the police, and the case grinds to a near standstill. On one of Terrance's "Hunts" Terrance comes across a young girl assaulted by a would-be criminal in the dark alleys of Calis's ghettos. Terrance debated to himself whether he should stick around and watch or head home as usual, but when the girl reveals herself to be Detective Stromberg's daughter Julia, the criminal decides instead to kill her and claim a hefty bounty placed on her head. Overcome by his obsession with women, Terrance chooses to rescue the girl despite all common sense telling him not to, and scares the criminal off by shooting a hole through the man's hand. After the incident had settled, Terrance opted to leave before he got anymore involved with the Detective's daughter, but with Julia urging him to travel with her around the ghettos, he ends up biting off more than he can chew and becomes involved with the most dangerous elements in the Calis Underground.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 05:08:59 AM by Operative13 »
“To give of oneself is the noblest of all acts.”

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Ope1ativ3
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/OPHolden

Offline Killer B !!SAMA!!

• I GOT U THERE PERVERT AJUSSI
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2016, 02:10:05 AM »
you said that give me a challenge right? haha ill give you then do the sketch survival and draw 1 each day in your manga art gallery make your gallery then haha :tongue:

Offline havoc

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2016, 02:33:51 AM »
O13

full descript, environment, Context to placement in time: Before/ after a fight/war.?Coming/going from a happy moment, etc event before/event after. these help.

Killer, link please.

H.

Offline Operative13

• Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2016, 02:35:36 AM »
Right then! I'll add in as much details as possible! I've already edited my previous post to include the character wanted, but I'll go ahead and add other things too  8)

Offline vasili

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2016, 03:58:58 AM »
 OK.  I will post my storyboard here and make some improvement with you.
    I don't mind if any body use my idea and it will be a good case-study for other
    artish too.

I do some freelance project from time to time so i know your point very well.
   The good artist must be able to do any style of work to met the demand, but this
   project is for your own satisfaction so i try to adjust myself too you(if possible).

The first storyboard will be 60 pages long.
      It is spin-off story of The Foundation (scifi novel) as we follows  the operation off Normandie
     the commercial
     spaceship that sell high-tech goods to under-developed planet in collapsing old galactic empire.
   The storyboard is really old and it need some improvement, After i finish translate it to English
   I will post the link here to access storyboard in PDF form.

....You have a good point, for professional time is one of the most importance factor.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 04:10:14 AM by vasili »
---- Just draw alot -----

Offline Operative13

• Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2016, 04:29:36 AM »
Hehehe, I don't think he's willing to do an entire storyboard, just some snippets, but on the off-chance he is willing to pull the full stops for something like that, kudos to him.  ;)

Offline Killer B !!SAMA!!

• I GOT U THERE PERVERT AJUSSI
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2016, 05:04:34 AM »
O13

full descript, environment, Context to placement in time: Before/ after a fight/war.?Coming/going from a happy moment, etc event before/event after. these help.

Killer, link please.

H.
heres the sketch survival link http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,6265.0.html
heres the manga art gallery link http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/board,11.0.html