June 25, 2018, 02:17:14 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Give me a challenge.  (Read 3205 times)

Offline Walter B

• The Red Tie Devil
    • View Profile
Re: Give me a challenge.
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2016, 09:46:09 AM »
Challenge: Enter an OC to the Arena: http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,15767.0.html

Super Challenge: Make an illustration for the arena. It should contain the first 8 characters that participated in the tournament (http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,15654.0.html) Two of the characters brawling and the  other six surrounding them and cheering on the fight. (This request is open in case any other artist wants to take it!)

so I can get more of how the story evolves, or if you are looking for collab on concept let me know.

Thank I'm glad you liked the concept. I have a very broad idea about the story but not much concrete.

If the spiders have the ability to thread a network and communicate are the protagonist someone who can shear the threads?

The protagonist is a normal group of humans. They don't know at first that the spiders are intelligent.

How does the network affect normal human brain waves?

Thats a surprise  ;)

What is the part that makes us fear?

The spiders become a super intelligence and want to take over the earth.

Facebook       Patreon 

Offline Ser0ooo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2016, 11:21:24 PM »
Here is a character idea.

I think it might be a challenge because of all of his weapons and details but I hope you can pull it off. Lol
If you want a real challenge try to do all his demon forms lol.
If you need any more detail on the character or the story feel free to ask and I'll clarify anything.
Spoiler
Ryoni (Demon Hunter)

Appearance: has a family tattoo (meant for warriors) it is visible and goes up from his hands to his forearms. looks like tribal
Tattoos symbolize protection which protects their body from the demonic souls entering their bodies, tattoos of strength to give them the strength to control the demons as well as use them for battle.
Tattoos of capture that contain the demons within the tattoos so they do not have access to the users body., and lastly tattoos of the mind that strengthen the mind to not allow the demons to cloud their judgment and decision making but it takes a strong will of the character to fully control themselves 100% of the time. Without them the demon would have control of the mind. They also protect from attempted mind control or attacks of the mind in general

Hair: short on the sides and long hair on top. Generally falls to one side showing the short side hair.

for the tattoos.
The ceremonial tattoos goes from the hands to the forearms because the link between them and the demon happens when they grab their weapons and from there the tattoos shape the users body into the demon which is inside the weapon.
The ethereal demon that he cannot control is contained with a giant seal on his chest to contain all the power. a huge chest tattoo that slightly resembles angel wings but with a magical seal look to them.

Clothes: wears a form fitted black and white jacket that rises up around the neck covering his mouth (like a turtle neck but looser). over that he wears a tattered all black poncho meant to cover all his weapons when walking around the city.
wears dark colored jeans

Personality:he is very serious and task driven. He does whatever it takes to accomplish the task at hand. He is tactical and precise but once he is in a situation he was not prepared for he has a late lack of self confidence that makes him focus less on strategy like he normally does. After the first chapter he no longer has this issue. He is very cold and serious unless speaking to his brother. His brother is his only separation from his job as a demon hunter.
He tries to be like his father because his father is very cold and serious and he is a great hunter so he thinks that's what it takes to be a great hunter. He strives to make his father proud by excelling in his training. He masters every weapon that he is taught to use and has a gift for combat. He uses a large variety of weapons and carries them all with him unlike most hunters who specialize with 1 or 2. This gives him an advantage over most people since he can use a weapon specifically to counter his opponents.
Although he seems to be exactly like his father his inner self is much different. Less confident than he seems and more caring than most people think and not as serious.

Abilities when not wielding weapons:
he uses magic to enhance his speed, strength, durability and reflexes.
master with very large variety of weapons ranging from swords and shields all the way to more modern weapons like guns and rifles
Able to harness the powers of demons through the use of weapons. when he wields a weapon he begins to change form into the demon that is trapped inside the weapon.

Type of Demons/weapons
“The gate key” is a spiked gauntlet that he found in the demon world which allows him to open a gate between the demon world and earth. It also amplifies his magic abilities. He wears it on his right hand.
Physical demon: element: Earth:sawed off shotgun: shotgun can shoot bullets made of magic stone which is stronger than an average bullet, athletic build, has 2 long horns,  3 arms, one large 3 fingered claw like armored arm on one side used for strong melee attacks as well as meant for defence and 2 arms on the other side used for using shotgun and any other weapon he creates. creates weapons by reaching to the ground and forming a weapon out of the element earth. weapon can burst into flames. has large horn like spikes coming off of his shoulder blades physically durable and has extremely enhanced strength, can create large one handed weapons. ex. large axes, and huge swords to fight with Demon is cocky and arrogant so it causes Ryoni to show slight moments of cockyness. sawed off is attached to his right thigh in a holster

Physical demon: Bo staff:element: water: Has a medieval looking knight helmet on but it is the demon's face. long horns coming out of the side of his head with a slight curl to them.  lean build. Can manifest wings to fly briefly. wings come out of lower back and are long and thin. Durable and Extremely strong. Demon is focused and very tactical which enhances Ryoni’s fighting ability when wielding his bo staff. bo staff is strapped to his back

Spiritual demon: shortbow: element: Fire: Very fast, Has wings and no legs. can shoot up to 3 homing shots at once made of magical fire. able to process information very quickly and has a hit and run type tactic when fighting but Ryoni is not limited to that strategy. short bow is in a collapsible tube that expands to form the short bow. it is attached to the back of his belt horizontally. he does not carry arrows because he can create homing energy arrows when wielding it.

Spiritual demon: chain with blade: element air: Lean build. large sharp teeth and nails are sharp like claws. Extremely fast, but not as physically strong as the physical demons. Uses the Chain blade to attack enemies at long and short range. is constantly moving. can also use the chain blade to maneuver quickly around the battlefield and quickly change directions. can become intangible for brief moments, can make a clone of himself that only last 5 seconds at a time. Able to teleport short distances. attack strategy is very aggressive and relentless sometimes to a fault. when Ryoni is in this form he has moments of impulse  Chain is wrapped around his whole left arm and the blade is connected to a strap on his forearm that makes it protrude from his fist like a bladed knuckle that allows him to do a stabbing punch even when not wielding the chain blade. the chain is connected to his chest. he wears a leather strap across his chest and around his shoulders that the chain is connected to. it allows him to brace his body for sharp turns and swinging from the chain instead of his arm bearing all the load.

Ethereal demon: dual kukri: large God like demon, stands at 4 stories tall. can manipulate and create hellfire, can summon a small army of demons, telekinesis , occasionally  uncontrollable due to its immense power. Dual kukri’s are placed along his hips. They have no hilt and are just wrapped in cord.

When first turning into it, it is still ethereal demon in control but the family with divine intervention help contain it and put a holy seal on the weapons to help him control it. Eventually he needs its full power so he breaks the seal but because he is much stronger than before after a slight loss of control he regains control of the demon

Offline Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2016, 02:08:20 PM »
Draw a food-transformer. Like those vehicle transformers, except it's food. Show the before and after the transformation. In terms of scale, it should be reasonable given the size of the normal item. It will be technically a very small robot transformer with a design that is based off of a food rather than a car/vehicle. It is also fine if it's a soft sci-fi design. It doesn't need to be a beautiful illustration; front views should be fine. Oh, and it needs to be cool, so pick a food that would yield itself to being a cool food-transformer.  8)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 02:13:41 PM by Ryan »

Offline havoc

• Busy imagining reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2016, 02:32:33 PM »
K Ser and ryan, I put them on the project list. Challenge accepted.

Thank u to everyone who responded. I'm going to stop it here for now and work on these projects to put into a gallery. I've also been fishing the artist collab area and continue to look forward to seeing all the remarkable work from individuals here on this site. Anime/manga is such a diverse form of art. It's amazing all the creativity it inspires.

Look to the collab area in the future where I will be posting a one shot script called "The fairy dress." for artists to take a crack at if they wish. A couple of black and whites for colorists to give a go.  And a background challenge, one for most breath-taking and one for most wicked.

Thanks again,

H.
Horatio to Hamlet: "Do you ever feel your whole life has already been penned out?"

Hamlet: "Only when I hear the sound of pages turning as I move from room to room. It's enough to drive a person mad."

Offline BlazeB

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2016, 11:55:52 AM »
can you refine this drawing?

Offline havoc

• Busy imagining reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2016, 03:26:40 PM »
yes blaze. but I need a description, so I know all the aspects to refine. Colors would be good too.
Horatio to Hamlet: "Do you ever feel your whole life has already been penned out?"

Hamlet: "Only when I hear the sound of pages turning as I move from room to room. It's enough to drive a person mad."

Offline BlazeB

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2016, 06:51:25 PM »
hm i don't really know what to say, i guess i just want you to make it look smoother. Just wanna see what you can do to it

Offline MisterSherbetLemon

• The MangaRaiders Political Correctness Enforcer...Ha!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2016, 01:17:09 AM »
Perhaps let him know if you want the face proportions as they are or if you'd like the face slimmer/wider, list a few things you feel are off about the picture and would like changing? 

Offline BlazeB

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2016, 11:54:47 PM »
Perhaps let him know if you want the face proportions as they are or if you'd like the face slimmer/wider, list a few things you feel are off about the picture and would like changing?
oh ok thanks. I'd like for the face to bit slimmed down, the eyes to be a bit more even, and the lips to be colored in (possible make the look puff)

Offline Monok

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2016, 05:24:39 AM »
Challenge: video yourself trying to eat a tablespoon of cinnamon in one go....