April 17, 2024, 09:29:56 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Mangaraiders Artists' Anthology Discussion 2017  (Read 73747 times)

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
Re: Mangaraiders Artists' Anthology Discussion 2016
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2016, 06:09:02 PM »
This is a really cool idea. So whats the minimum number of pages you would need and maximum submitting deadline if we want it done for summer?

Facebook       Patreon

Offline han ki-tae

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2016, 11:53:02 AM »
I will answer at the end of March. If that okay?

If I don't have a full story to submit I will have concept art and random drawings. Would that work?

HKT

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2016, 12:11:39 PM »
I think there would need to be a maximum of 25 pages or so. It really all depends on how many people are submitting. As of now I can't tell if it's too big or too small so there's no need to worry about that. And even 4komas would be nice to have in the anthology.

Yeah han ki that's fine. This is not going to happen very soon. Just a discussion for the beginning of the project

Offline Gabryel

• Lazy cat
  • Beware! Danger of sarcasm!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2016, 06:30:38 AM »
Oh well this looks kinda abandoned lol Still had to sneak a peek. I guess it's not happening 2016 anymore, but maybe next year? If so, I'd raise my hand for editorial stuff and cover. No idea if and what kind of story I could contribute other than a fre pages of Manako, but since that's probarbly gonna be printed on it's own its most likely not the best of idea. Maybe I can find a small story I can put into a simpler form (the shading of Manako is too time-consuming). So, any people left who want to do anything?
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. (S. Hawkins)

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2016, 07:49:46 AM »
Yeah pretty much haha. I don't know what I was thinking with June 2016. But Hasith did directly warn me.

Anyways I'll clean up the original post a little, but we're looking for participants all the same. But it's a community thing so we can't promise anything other than just having fun hahaha. Sounds cheap but that's the way it is.

I'm actually interested in this now and will be entering it. Killer B is as well. If you jumped on too that'd be great !

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2016, 08:10:09 AM »
as long as the deadline is a long way away, count me in, either as a one-shot or some illustrations :P
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2016, 09:06:54 AM »
Haha that long way away deadline always ends up being tomorrow! But I'll keep you in mind for sure

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2016, 01:28:04 PM »
Hhhhm. I'd certainly like to have one of my comics in this however if I think realistically it's going to take a whole lotta work to get we'll say in the range of 12-20 pages fully inked and actually you know....professional to a slight degree...I will say I don't know about this. Most likely not but perhaps if I can think of something good to do and feel like really doing good work then maybe.

Hhhmmm, my thoughts are the same as they where in February.

Heh heh, again I love this idea. I really want this to be a thing but it's been hard to get something going. I'd like to do something with Lego again, that sounds fun. Message me if you have some concepts dude, I didn't make anything of the last few ideas you had but maybe if one really hits me this comic brain can get turning again.

Offline Gabryel

• Lazy cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2016, 02:31:20 PM »
We could as well think about something the stories have in common. Like "vampire stories" (but seriously let's not do vampires) or one returning character, same city or something. I'd prefer something urban fantasy :P fantasy backgrounds are even harder than real ones.
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. (S. Hawkins)

Offline midsummer_feast

• Let's drink and enjoy our lifes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2016, 11:37:39 PM »
Wait, WHAT?..
does this mean that the anthology is about to wake up from its deep slumber?

in real mustakrakish-style?..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCUnhoe0rpU

:ohmy:
I am a somebody, that ain´t nobody. In different from everybody... anybody?..
my work:
https://midsummerfeastnovel.rocks/
It might be bad, but it's MY BAD... =^,^=

Offline Crystal (BobbyjoeX)

• o-o
  • no idea what i'm doing anymore
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2016, 03:20:11 AM »
i usually dont support ebooks but i'll get something done, do wish it was going on sale but oh well

Click the Banner to Read

Offline Gabryel

• Lazy cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2016, 07:00:48 AM »
Haha looks like I woke the sleeping dog. That's one of the reasons my nickname at home / amongst friends is "Katze" (cat in german) - poking dead things until they move again XD

Would love to see it happen. If my campaign for Manako goes well (and if I don't fail to organize everything coming afterwards!!), I'm willing to help with my kickstarter experience :) Let's do this people :D

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2016, 09:13:33 AM »
Haha, indeed. If we have this many then it could be an anthology with quite a bit of content.

As for genres I'd rather people have the same amount of freedom as the earlier anthology, so that people feel free to make what they want so long as they stick to the forum rules.

Hhhhm. I'd certainly like to have one of my comics in this however if I think realistically it's going to take a whole lotta work to get we'll say in the range of 12-20 pages fully inked and actually you know....professional to a slight degree...I will say I don't know about this. Most likely not but perhaps if I can think of something good to do and feel like really doing good work then maybe.

Hhhmmm, my thoughts are the same as they where in February.

Heh heh, again I love this idea. I really want this to be a thing but it's been hard to get something going. I'd like to do something with Lego again, that sounds fun. Message me if you have some concepts dude, I didn't make anything of the last few ideas you had but maybe if one really hits me this comic brain can get turning again.

Wowee, that puts me on the spot because I really don't have thta many concepts that may appeal to you but I'll see what I can pitch!

@midsummer are you interested, then?

Offline midsummer_feast

• Let's drink and enjoy our lifes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2016, 11:25:58 AM »
@lego

*soobing* =TT,TT=

i'm interested and in.
felt like it was a long time ago the anthology was alive...

:ohmy:

I am a somebody, that ain´t nobody. In different from everybody... anybody?..
my work:
https://midsummerfeastnovel.rocks/
It might be bad, but it's MY BAD... =^,^=

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2016, 11:40:30 AM »
Wowee, that puts me on the spot because I really don't have thta many concepts that may appeal to you but I'll see what I can pitch!

No pressure I just think it'd be fun and the easiest way to stay motivated to complete a project for this. So if you think of something message me.