November 17, 2018, 07:52:12 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Mangaraiders Artists' Anthology Discussion 2017  (Read 12976 times)

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Mangaraiders Artists' Anthology Discussion 2017
« on: February 21, 2016, 07:06:32 AM »
So since the Writer's Anthology is being delayed, I thought we could talk about how we could get this done people. For now no plan for a release date or anything, but we need to think of how to get our own anthology published. Please discuss.

Please say if you are interested in joining on this. The Anthology is a non-profit collection of drawn manga from all skill sets, so long as there are complete one shots or first chapters of your stories.

We are looking for editors who know how to format these things. Please follow the guidelines as will be provided.

*discussions are underway so please discuss and look at this first post for updates and changes*

I will be posting updates on the actual editing process of the MRWA, and here is a sketch list and table of contents.

We are aiming for a 100ish page anthology

Participants, please keep in touch

No need for daily updates or anything but anyone shortlisted here please notify for any major page count changes, and be sure to notify us if you won't be able to submit a story after all so that we can prepare.

Release Date

As a preliminary date we're aiming for June 2016  as a release date for the anthology.  Right now we are looking for participants and editors (jeez lewise that was a typo or something)

Later half of 2017

Publishing plans
self-publish as an ebook to be distributed for free on the forum and other social media platforms

Important stuff

1 - Looking for Editors and the submission guidelines - Should it be A4 or A5? E.t.c
2 - Looking for Participants, and if you are joining keep us updated on your progress
3 -

Confirmed Manga and Authors

Killer B
legomaestro
Gabryel
BobbyJoeX
Manimal
midsummer_feast

20/100 Estimated pages reached

The Anthology: *link to be posted*

Anthology Staff

Editor and Proofreading (dialogue and spellcheck): legomaestro

Still needed

1- Submission guidelines and Editors

2-  Cover Art

3- Fun
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 06:09:36 PM by legomaestro »

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mangaraiders Artists Anthology 2016
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 07:09:15 AM »
Because the Writers' Anthology couldn't meet the January deadline and will be released in Summer it actually means we have time to consider an Artists' Anthology now!

So first things first:  I have no idea how to format pages to fit when printed without being cut out. Text is much easier for me to do but when it comes to printed pages I'm a complete amateur. Help on that front would be appreciated.

Is anyone interested in helping out on this on the administrative side?

Also, participants! This is a chance to get in the game. Please feel free to post. This is a community thing so whatever skill levels you have you are welcome to join in.

As far as I can see 100-120 pages is okay for an anthology so I think there's room for quite a bit of posts.

I'm volunteering as an editor in terms of seeing spelling and dialogue errors in submitted comics.

Offline Killer B !!SAMA!!

• I GOT U THERE PERVERT AJUSSI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 07:32:09 AM »
id like to join this count me in lego,this would be a wonderful experience for me on mangaraiders artist anthology 2016 and happy to make something for us too  :D

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2016, 07:42:32 AM »
Welcome aboard then Killer B. A collaboration you mean? Haha that would be fun. I did do a collaboration for the other one as well anyways.

I think I'll update a list for people who are interested just to see how many entries to expect and stuff.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2016, 07:48:22 AM »
haah lets wait for others

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock n' Roll
  • Good 'Ol Poika
    • View Profile
Re: Mangaraiders Artists' Anthology Discussion 2016
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2016, 08:35:03 AM »
Hhhhm. I'd certainly like to have one of my comics in this however if I think realistically it's going to take a whole lotta work to get we'll say in the range of 12-20 pages fully inked and actually you know....professional to a slight degree...I will say I don't know about this. Most likely not but perhaps if I can think of something good to do and feel like really doing good work then maybe.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2016, 08:41:36 AM »
is this contain how many page for a story for each member that would like to put their works here hha just wanting to know so the other member will know also if theres a limit pages oh and also any genre is allowed?

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2016, 09:18:57 AM »
Both . When someone is sure that they are taking part they will be completely accepted when we see a full chapter done (at least a first draft). But I will still record people who are interested.

This is very much in the beginning stages and mostly a discussion. It won't be easy to reach the final look but we might as well start a discussion on how the next artist anthology will be made.

It seems that there were inkers on the team for the last anthology for those who need their work inked. If someone is up to helping with that that'd be cool, but I think in general people should be willing to ink their own works.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2016, 09:28:53 AM »
nice idea there lego imagining the finished works hahaha :D gonna work now for MMMMMMMMMMMMRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 09:32:53 AM by Killer B !!SAMA!! »

Offline Manimal

• Good 'Ol Poika
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2016, 09:31:42 AM »
I wouldn't like someone else inking my stuff, my comics are all about my personal touch and it would be lost in that process. But it's a cool idea the Anthology, I love the idea of having a book with one of my shorts in it. But I'd really have to take my time with this, especially on inking and...toning...oh the horrors of actually putting in more then half an ass!

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2016, 09:37:58 AM »
well remember you don't need to do a full 20 page submission. we've just got a total we're trying to reach, and can always work within that to fit in more people

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2016, 09:39:24 AM »
Yeaup, and there is nothing stopping people from submitting a 4 koma. There's plenty room for that!

@Manimal Bahaha 'half assed.' I'll use that one day.

And yeah, I thought so too. Even inking has its own style, and I will try to tone my work or make it look clean as best as I can, but I am nowhere near emulating the professional mangaka looking style.

And that's what I hope for. I actually want this to be as communal as possible. Not that we make something bad, but the main aim is to have a finished work done by the forum and for the forum... At least until we get better at doing this.

@Killer B yeah sure, if you have anything just say the story name and I'll put your name up.

Remember even if you say you're interested and can't do it later it's okay. Just be clear with everyone here about if you're busy or something and we'll simply switch out the names.

So I can put your name up there Manimal?

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2016, 09:43:48 AM »
yeah the story name is soulvivor on my manga art gallery theres a sypnosis there i havent started it yet but i have lots of ideas on my head i can work it out

Offline Manimal

• Good 'Ol Poika
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2016, 09:50:40 AM »
Well, I'm not making any commitment yet. I have so many artistic ambitions right now that I have to get in check. I have to finish Larry Pine first things first, but I really need to get my art style together and do something to improve my art's stiffness. There is also so a lot of other stuff I want to do, I had overly ambitious ideas for Love Live themed prints that came back to me. But having so many ambitious leads to nothing. 

In summary you can put me down but put a ? next to my name.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2016, 09:55:33 AM »
Yeah sure dude. This isn't happening tommorrow like I said, but general interest and feedback is appreciated. I'll put you up with a ? as requested.

@Killer B ah I haven't heard of that one haha. Will be looking forward to hearing about that one.