March 29, 2024, 01:04:47 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Poll

Who should advance to the final?

Grave
0 (0%)
Xiana
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: March 04, 2016, 09:51:31 AM

Author Topic: MangaRaiders Character Tournament. (WITH PRIZES!!)  (Read 83864 times)

Offline Ser0ooo

• View Profile
Re: MangaRaiders Character Tournament. (WITH PRIZES!!)
« Reply #120 on: February 18, 2016, 12:46:27 AM »
Na man. Feel free to enter a character and someone will challenge you. It started as a tournament but it seems to be going in the direction of just friendly match ups and honestly that's just as fun.

Eh? It's a free-for-all?  :confused:

Not exactly a free for all but it definitely doesn't have a tournament structure. People are openly challenging eachother which seems a lot more like friendly match ups then an actual tournament. Don't you think?

Offline FatalZeph

• "Everyone has a story to tell."
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 18, 2016, 12:49:55 AM »
I'm definitely going to enter two characters of mine from different series and challenge myself.   8)

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 18, 2016, 12:52:08 AM »
Yea I didn't get to challenge or be challenged. Walter just made a quick battle and it was finished within an hr and everything I wrote about Ryoni seemed to be ignored.

You can still submit anything you want for the fight. Write anything you want and I will add it.

He didn't kept doing thins that didn't work. What he doing was working right until his sword broke. If that had not happened he would have won because he was overpowering grave physically the entire time.

Eh? It's a free-for-all?

Well the tournament matches continue but I see so many other people interested in this how about this idea.

MangaRaiders Arena.

Everyone can enter their character. No character number limit.

Anyone can challenge anyone he wants (my character X challenges Y!)

If you want your character fight another character you DO NOT need permission from the character owner to do it.
You can just write the fight and post it. This to make things easier since some poster will inevitable go inactive in the future but their characters can just stay there.  We need to be good sports about and let other people beat up our characters if they want to.

The advantage of this is we have no character limit so we can have more than 8 characters and we get rid of the tournament structure so your character is not out if he loses. You can have your character fight as much as you want.

Every now and then we can vote on best battles and so. Would be a free for all with many cool characters. More or less like what serooo had proposed originally.

How does that sound?? I think it would be a really cool battle scene writing workshop.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 12:58:59 AM by Walter B »

Facebook       Patreon

Offline Operative13

• Self-Proclaimed Writer and Anime Enthusiast
  • Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 18, 2016, 12:54:18 AM »
An Arena? That's sounds like Progress! Sign me up! I have beef with Zenbu to settle!  :biggrin:
“To give of oneself is the noblest of all acts.”

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Ope1ativ3
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/OPHolden

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 18, 2016, 12:54:43 AM »

Not exactly a free for all but it definitely doesn't have a tournament structure. People are openly challenging eachother which seems a lot more like friendly match ups then an actual tournament. Don't you think?

Yes it has a tournament structure. After these two fights of this round there will be semifinals and then a final.

The thing is we determined round 1 match ups on the go instead of making brackets first. We agreed to it in that other thread.

Just made a drawing for Grave.

Spoiler

Anyone wants to screentone it so we can have him as placeholder pic in the OP???  ;D
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 01:01:28 AM by Walter B »

Facebook       Patreon

Offline Hope4Future

• Future Writer
  • "Ryujin no ken o kurae!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 18, 2016, 01:21:42 AM »
an arena eh? i actually like it, considering how messy the tournament ended up being, this way there's more mobility in the matches instead of constant debate over them.

i guess there's really no end game to this then is there?

if so, then it kinda takes away the thunder for me when it was competitive  :ninja:

and might i add to this: team match-ups!

characters teaming up and fighting other teams or even gang up with other characters against powerful characters; hell, i just might even take up that offer to have my character team up with Grave and Daina to take down Zenbu  8)

except there's one itty bitty tiny little thing i'd like to ask about: what about the polls i've set up?  :unsure:  are we botching that concept altogether if we do this?

Offline Jackhammer

• Propagator of unusual plot lines. Master out-of-context.
  • I am me. Are you you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 18, 2016, 02:56:32 AM »
i'll even go as far as to veto this character unless proven to be more flexible in his abilities, this isn't a battle of gods.

dude we have made an  avatar teleporter mummy God who can make clones, transport to other dimensions and heal himself. i think we can handle a regenerator

hmm, i guess  :glare:   but i stand by what i said, at least OGHM's character is limited by his abilities. he can only use one ability at a time, its at least something to work around with but this is ridiculous.

Teddy is a one scenario wonder. If you go into hand-to-hand combat, you will most likely lose. That said he can still be disabled by using magical means or energy. Lock him down and you can experiment all you want with him. If you cut off his head, he is basically unable to function. Even though he is immune to cold, resistant to fire and pain and grows stronger in physical situation, any kind of other source of energy will completely bypass his defenses. A baby with a wand of Lightning could drop him. Sure he would regenerate soon enough but don't send a baby, send someone who can think while he fights.

Teddy is by all functions a niche fighter. A one man army, sometimes referred to as God of Battle, but only by those who also live through close combat. He has very little flexibility outside direct melee. A bigger target is easier to hit.

Which is exactly why Ryoni is up for the challenge. It'll be tough but I know he can take him.  :D

Do it. I put him up just to see how people would react when faced with at first glance near immortal being. Call it a semi-troll if you will but the character and story are very real and authentic. And I do have an actual god as well but thats just plain stupid to put him up. This would degenerate real quick to "I have a bigger gun! Well I have TWO guns!" kind of situation.
Health is a relative thing.

Offline BlazeB

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 18, 2016, 07:23:09 AM »
Character: Jaden
Eye Color: Dark Brown
Hair: Medium and same color as his eyes
Height: 6'1
Build: Athletic
Spoiler
Personality: A bit brash, rude, can be very insensitive. Very found of profanity, food, alcohol, breast, and trees(Not in that order). Jaden prefers not to get involved in other people's problems but somehow ends up in most of it.(This has lead him to be in several major conflicts: such as wars, cues, and even fights against the Divine and Celestial beings). He also has a terrible sense of direction (it's like a superpower haha). Jaden prefers not to use full force when fitting, unless he has two. He gages his opponent and uses just enough power to defeat them without having to risk great damage.

Powers/Abilities: Amazing physical strength[when not augmented by his divine or demonic powers], speed that is almost inescapable, outstanding durability,  outstanding reflexes, outstanding hearing, great sense of smell and taste

Specials:  The Ten Commandments- basic level ups that onces broken bring the user ability to become closer and closer to being beyond god (Jadens doesn't go past 4, putting him at demi-God level). This special basically makes Jaden a god but he doesn't use it often.
               Light Speed Kicks & Punches: By infusing his attacks and movements with Divine/Holy energy he can                                                                     dramatically increase the speed and force in his attacks (giving the appearance that they are faster than light and dealing great damage)
Feats: Survived great amounts of poison while still manging to fight
          Took down Several Angle and Demons
          During a fight he once went so fast he was said to be fading in and out of existence
          Was once in a tournament test and took 3 steps and got completely lost
          Has escaped several bad situations by using his bad sense of direction
Fighting Style: Prefers to fight using just his legs and feet. He can use his arms but prefers not to so that the fight isn't over to quickly. (Jaden's arm strength is far greater than his leg strength). He can use almost any weapon but doesn't keep any on him.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 01:23:25 PM by BlazeB »

Offline Killer B !!SAMA!!

• I GOT U THERE PERVERT AJUSSI
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 18, 2016, 08:42:16 AM »
blaze put spoiler on that

Offline BlazeB

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 18, 2016, 09:07:24 AM »
Sorry ^_^ and thanks

Offline What About Christmas?

• The Hotties of all Hotties
  • College Student, Still Frizzy Haired and Stressed
    • View Profile
My Character!
« Reply #130 on: February 18, 2016, 09:59:58 AM »
I wish everyone the best of luck!

Dakota

Spoiler
Name: Dakota “Blaze” Blakes
Background: Her family was lost to the apocalypse, leaving her to either wither away or survive.
Personality: Kind. Tries her best to be optimistic, but I mean, she might be the last person on earth and that sucks. Resourceful. When battling, her heart becomes merciless and she is determined to kill. Dry humor.

Appearance:
Body Type: Somewhat petite, but this helps her evade in battle. Fast. She has freckles!
Eyes: Her left eye has been permanently damaged from a blow to the head, so it’s hazel and blue. Her right eye is a light brown.
Hair: Long, a light orange color, it falls to about her shoulder blades. Wavy, no bangs.
Clothes: Black tank, ripped skinny jeans and a leather satchel, packed with stuff

Abilities/Powers: She knows judo and makes powerful force fields that last for a few minutes before she tires.
Primary Weapon: First she uses her battle ax, then her katana.
Side Weapons: Two maces and her father’s old pistol (only 16 bullets, the rest was lost.)
Abilities:
- To duck or evade some moves (She can dodge about 3/5 of them I bet)
- She has grenades and some poison stored in vials in her bag, but very limited
- She can shock others, considering she has powers over electrical forces

« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 01:32:51 PM by WellILikeMangaMan »

Offline Ser0ooo

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 18, 2016, 10:03:59 AM »
I'm working on a Teddy v Ryoni battle right now.
I'm watching my kids this week tho so it might take me a few days but just know that it's in progress 😈
Anyone feel free to use Ryoni in an arena battle or a team battle in the mean time. And don't hesitate to ask questions about him if you need to know something about him that I left out.

Offline han ki-tae

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 18, 2016, 10:06:14 AM »
Hi,

I will be submitting a character too. Walter, it will be different one:

Spoiler
NAME: Sandy Weschler
STORY: Soul Wars.
HEIGHT: 5'8"
BODY: Smaller breasts, long legs.
HAIR: White, long.
EYES: Purple (An evident sign she is genetically modified)
CLOTHES: Her outfit is a mix of old fantasy and scifi. I will attach a picture.

Sandy is the Holder of all Souls - highest title in the Government of the One. This means her soul's architecture has been artificially modified to house all other souls collected at her time. She has all of the souls of the Government of the One inside of her, which gives her a lot of energy.

- Her powers are soul energy based (she can even cause explosion of magnitude greater than a Hydrogen bomb).
- She cannot absorb anybody's soul, unless they are passed on to her by a Soul Guardian or she kisses the person.
- Sandy has a very loving, trusting personality. She is not one to act in violence, unless it is the last option available.

Her weaknesses are:

- She is the new Holder, so she is unaware of all the power she has.
- She houses the souls of the Holders that came before her, so at times, as more experienced, the other Holders make take control of her body. In that case, she is shut off into her own soul architecture and cannot act. This is when Sandy is the most dangerous, as the Holders possessing her are very experienced and really know how to use soul power.

HKT
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 11:52:45 PM by han ki-tae »

Offline BlazeB

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 18, 2016, 11:19:07 AM »
Hi,

Spoiler
NAME: Sandy Weschler
STORY: Soul Wars.
HEIGHT: 5'8"
BODY: Smaller breasts, long legs.
HAIR: White, long.
EYES: Purple (An evident sign she is genetically modified)
CLOTHES: Her outfit is a mix of old fantasy and scifi. I will attach a picture.

Sandy is the Holder of all Souls - highest title in the Government of the One. This means her soul's architecture has been artificially modified to house all other souls collected at her time. She has all of the souls of the Government of the One inside of her, which gives her a lot of energy.

- Her powers are soul energy based (she can even cause explosion of magnitude greater than a Hydrogen bomb).
- She cannot absorb anybody's soul, unless they are passed on to her by a Soul Guardian or she kisses the person.
- Sandy has a very loving, trusting personality. She is not one to act in violence, unless it is the last option available.

Her weaknesses are:

- She is the new Holder, so she is unaware of all the power she has.
- She houses the souls of the Holders that came before her, so at times, as more experienced, the other Holders make take control of her body. In that case, she is shut off into her own soul architecture and cannot act. This is when Sandy is the most dangerous, as the Holders possessing her are very experienced and really know how to use soul power.
I will attach a picture soon.

HKT
I love the sound of the character and would love to check out the story she's from

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 18, 2016, 11:47:33 AM »
love to check out the story she's from

The link is right there on his signature. He even has the first chapter with great art  ;)

Thanks man! Very glad to see you here.  ;D ;D

To be honest I didn't quite understand what she does. I got that she has lots of energy and can make explosions. How? Does she explode herself? Ca she shoot energy beams or what can she do with that energy?

Looking forward to the art!!!!!   :D :D :D

Facebook       Patreon