Poll

Who should advance to the final?

Grave
0 (0%)
Xiana
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: March 04, 2016, 09:51:31 AM

Author Topic: MangaRaiders Character Tournament. (WITH PRIZES!!)  (Read 84612 times)

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
Re: MangaRaiders Character Tournament. (WITH PRIZES!!)
« Reply #105 on: February 17, 2016, 10:16:33 PM »
what which is it

his eyes?

Facebook       Patreon

Offline OhGodHelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 17, 2016, 10:21:10 PM »
As if I'd just tell everyone  8)

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 17, 2016, 10:42:31 PM »
haha I'm curious

He is so OP it would take like 3 characters to fight him squarely.  :ohmy:

Operation kill a God:  Zenbu is about to invade the earth. Daina teams up with Kalvin and Grave to take him down.  ;)

Facebook       Patreon

Offline Operative13

• Self-Proclaimed Writer and Anime Enthusiast
  • Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 17, 2016, 10:51:00 PM »
Be glad it's just Zenbu you have to fight. Had I chosen my "other" character, Zenbu would've lost almost instantly  8)
“To give of oneself is the noblest of all acts.”

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Ope1ativ3
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/OPHolden

Offline Ser0ooo

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 17, 2016, 10:54:21 PM »
Hmmm. It doesn't seem fair to me that zenbu who people are calling a god completely obliterated his opponent but Ryoni was only allowed to use one of his abilities because he was to powerful.
I get that the popular vote wins but the characters abilities and skills have to be taken into consideration at some point.

Offline OhGodHelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 17, 2016, 10:57:53 PM »
Well technically she obliterated herself

Offline Ser0ooo

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 17, 2016, 10:59:02 PM »
Well technically she obliterated herself

But you see the point in tying to make?

Offline Hope4Future

• Future Writer
  • "Ryujin no ken o kurae!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 17, 2016, 11:46:30 PM »
Actually, Zenbu's weakness is right in front your faces, you're just looking too hard  ;)

wow, leave us in the dark why don't you ... now i wanna know too ...

haha I'm curious

He is so OP it would take like 3 characters to fight him squarely.  :ohmy:

Operation kill a God:  Zenbu is about to invade the earth. Daina teams up with Kalvin and Grave to take him down.  ;)

Kalvin (as he cracks his knuckles) - "i'm down ... I've always wanted to fight a god."

Hmmm. It doesn't seem fair to me that zenbu who people are calling a god completely obliterated his opponent but Ryoni was only allowed to use one of his abilities because he was to powerful.
I get that the popular vote wins but the characters abilities and skills have to be taken into consideration at some point.

that threw me off too, i mean Ryoni looked like he could overpower Grave naturally. honestly if i had a hand into this set-up: i would've matched Grave vs Daina and Zenbu vs Ryoni instantly, considering their abilities represented each others perfectly. why do you think i challenged my character with Kata's?

Offline Ser0ooo

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 18, 2016, 12:14:37 AM »

that threw me off too, i mean Ryoni looked like he could overpower Grave naturally. honestly if i had a hand into this set-up: i would've matched Grave vs Daina and Zenbu vs Ryoni instantly, considering their abilities represented each others perfectly. why do you think i challenged my character with Kata's?

Yea I didn't get to challenge or be challenged. Walter just made a quick battle and it was finished within an hr and everything I wrote about Ryoni seemed to be ignored. No tactics were used and he was significantly powered down to make a loss justified. But worse of all he just did the same thing over and over even tho it clearly wasn't working making him look inexperienced and dumb. 😐

Offline FatalZeph

• "Everyone has a story to tell."
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 18, 2016, 12:19:52 AM »
Is it too late to enter?

Offline Jackhammer

• Propagator of unusual plot lines. Master out-of-context.
  • I am me. Are you you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 18, 2016, 12:21:25 AM »
i'll even go as far as to veto this character unless proven to be more flexible in his abilities, this isn't a battle of gods.

dude we have made an  avatar teleporter mummy God who can make clones, transport to other dimensions and heal himself. i think we can handle a regenerator

hmm, i guess  :glare:   but i stand by what i said, at least OGHM's character is limited by his abilities. he can only use one ability at a time, its at least something to work around with but this is ridiculous.

Teddy is a one scenario wonder. If you go into hand-to-hand combat, you will most likely lose. That said he can still be disabled by using magical means or energy. Lock him down and you can experiment all you want with him. If you cut off his head, he is basically unable to function. Even though he is immune to cold, resistant to fire and pain and grows stronger in physical situation, any kind of other source of energy will completely bypass his defenses. A baby with a wand of Lightning could drop him. Sure he would regenerate soon enough but don't send a baby, send someone who can think while he fights.

Teddy is by all functions a niche fighter. A one man army, sometimes referred to as God of Battle, but only by those who also live through close combat. He has very little flexibility outside direct melee. A bigger target is easier to hit.
Health is a relative thing.

Offline Operative13

• Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 18, 2016, 12:33:46 AM »
If this indeed is turning into a battle of Gods, I can't wait 'till the next Tourney opens up  8)

Offline Ser0ooo

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 18, 2016, 12:38:33 AM »
Is it too late to enter?

Na man. Feel free to enter a character and someone will challenge you. It started as a tournament but it seems to be going in the direction of just friendly match ups and honestly that's just as fun.

Offline Operative13

• Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 18, 2016, 12:39:39 AM »
Na man. Feel free to enter a character and someone will challenge you. It started as a tournament but it seems to be going in the direction of just friendly match ups and honestly that's just as fun.

Eh? It's a free-for-all?  :confused:

Offline Ser0ooo

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 18, 2016, 12:42:24 AM »
i'll even go as far as to veto this character unless proven to be more flexible in his abilities, this isn't a battle of gods.

dude we have made an  avatar teleporter mummy God who can make clones, transport to other dimensions and heal himself. i think we can handle a regenerator

hmm, i guess  :glare:   but i stand by what i said, at least OGHM's character is limited by his abilities. he can only use one ability at a time, its at least something to work around with but this is ridiculous.

Teddy is a one scenario wonder. If you go into hand-to-hand combat, you will most likely lose. That said he can still be disabled by using magical means or energy. Lock him down and you can experiment all you want with him. If you cut off his head, he is basically unable to function. Even though he is immune to cold, resistant to fire and pain and grows stronger in physical situation, any kind of other source of energy will completely bypass his defenses. A baby with a wand of Lightning could drop him. Sure he would regenerate soon enough but don't send a baby, send someone who can think while he fights.

Teddy is by all functions a niche fighter. A one man army, sometimes referred to as God of Battle, but only by those who also live through close combat. He has very little flexibility outside direct melee. A bigger target is easier to hit.

Which is exactly why Ryoni is up for the challenge. It'll be tough but I know he can take him.  :D