March 29, 2024, 04:07:10 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Poll

Who should advance to the final?

Grave
0 (0%)
Xiana
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: March 04, 2016, 09:51:31 AM

Author Topic: MangaRaiders Character Tournament. (WITH PRIZES!!)  (Read 83867 times)

Offline Ser0ooo

• View Profile
Re: MangaRaiders Character Tournament. (WITH PRIZES!!)
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2016, 08:24:29 PM »
I'm fine with the loss. I expected to lose to someone. I also don't expect his strongest form to be used either it wouldn't be fair unless the opposing character was equally as strong.
What I meant by tactics is the use of all his weapons and demons. He only used one form for combat and one to fly away even after he realized that his opponent was faster than him. The reason for his variety of weapons and abilities is so that he can use them to complement eachother. Once he realized that his  opponent was faster than him it didn't make sense for him to just keep using a tactic that didn't work the first few times. He would have changed weapons/demons to even the playing field.
His loss was inevitable so I get that. I just wish he didn't come off as a dumb brute is all.
But you did a good job with the story telling and the battle in general.
It was never to one sided. It had a nice balance and flow to it.

Offline Ser0ooo

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2016, 08:38:44 PM »
Aw sweet, I won! Totally expected to get wrecked haha. Thanks for the votes guys!

GG Ser0ooo and sweet character you made. 

Also enjoyed the writing Walter, though you made Grave quite the serious talker. Losing the fingers just to make a play on Ryoni's sword is exactly the kind of thing he'd do though haha. ;D

Thanks man! Your character was pretty cool. Really unique and interesting. Glad I lost to a bad*** character! Lol
You better win this!

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2016, 09:04:12 PM »
The reason for his variety of weapons and abilities is so that he can use them to complement eachother.

Yeah you are right. Could have used the chain to knock a potion out of Graves hand or something. Is just that it was already 5 word pages long and this takes time. If you write a paragraph or more I would love to put them there!

I'm glad you liked the fight  ;D

Facebook       Patreon

Offline Ser0ooo

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2016, 09:17:28 PM »
Yea you did a great job. And that's why I originally wanted everyone to take their time with this tournament. So everyone could take the time to pay attention to the details and not rush it.
It's been 2 days and we already have a fight completed. At this rate the tournament will be over in a week.
And know it's supposed to be secret votes which is cool csuse is adds some suspence but the polls for voting weren't open for very long from what I can tell so not to many people could have voted.

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2016, 09:34:38 PM »
Yes you are right. we should leave it open longer for sure

And we should make like a poll. a proper poll where people click a button and vote, so its much easier for everyone. it can be made so the poll maker is the only one to see the results. and leave it open for a fixed amount of days so everyone gets a fair chance at the voting.

But to do that you have to make a new thread for each fight I think. not sure exactly how it works. could be done in the develop your story board.

Facebook       Patreon

Offline Ser0ooo

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 16, 2016, 10:15:00 PM »
Oh really? Didn't know you had to do a new thread every time.
So what's the next match up.

Offline Operative13

• Self-Proclaimed Writer and Anime Enthusiast
  • Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 16, 2016, 11:19:41 PM »
Presenting Corporal Daina Allens Versus Zenbu!

Many thanks to OhGodHelpMe for helping contribute to this epic battle of the ages! Without further ado, enjoy!  ;)

Corporal Daina Allens vs. Zenbu
“Another magic-user?” the young Corporal Daina Allens muttered as she pulled the pistol slide back, loading a round into its chamber. “This won’t even take long…” She whipped her pistol back and slapped it back into its holster on the side of her utility belt.

Zenbu took hold of his war fan and opened it, revealing the planetary symbols written on it. “I understand if you want to run. In fact, I’d implore you to do so. Nothing good can come of this fight, young lady” Zenbu spoke with a sense of annoyance in his voice.

“There’s only one direction I’ll run, and that’s forward.” Daina swung her bolt-action rifle around from her shoulder and cocked the bolt back.

”Ah, I see. You’re the brave type” Zenbu muttered. Zenbu prepared his hands to perform the Marluxian Arts, waiting for Daina to make the first move.

“I’m more than just that…” Strapping her gas mask on and locking her bayonet onto the end of the rifle, Daina aims her sights down at the bandaged man and immediately pulls the trigger.

Zenbu clasped his hands and utilized the Art of Saturn to make his body intangible. The bullet passed through him as if he wasn’t there, but the speed of the bullet left him confused and vulnerable for a moment.

“Damn…” Daina swore as she bit her tongue. Changing tactics, Daina reached for a pair of stick grenades and unlatched the pins underneath them. Tossing them at Zenbu’s two separate flanks, the grenades burst with tremendous force, kicking up clouds of dirt around him. “That should buy me some time…” With the clouds blocking the man’s field of vision, Daina proceeded to make her next move.

A voice struck out from behind Daina, clearly the voice of Zenbu. “I must admit, if I didn’t wormhole out of there, I’d most certainly be dead. What fascinating weaponry you have. But no matter what you do, you cannot defeat a servant of God”. Zenbu swung his war fan, summoning a great wave of fire and preparing to send it in Daina’s direction. “Prepare for your annihilation!” Zenbu shouted as the flames closed in on Daina.

“He’s fast!” Daina cried out. Thinking on the fly, Daina could only come up with one thing to save her from inevitably roasting to death. Taking out a large satchel from her backpack, Daina pulled a small pin on its side and tossed it into the flame’s direction. As Zenbu unleashed the massive wave of flames, the satchel exploded into a massive fireball, extinguishing whatever oxygen was left to keep the flames going. “There goes my backup…”

“She’s good! It’s such a shame to have to kill her…” Zenbu remarked. His next attack utilized the Art of Earth. He clasped his hands, and the ground around Daina began to shake and tremble. Shaped out from the very earth itself came two, rocky, colossal hands, one to the left and one to the right of Daina. They both began to close in on her, as if they were about to clasp. “Try to get out of this, mortal.”

“This bastard…” Daina cursed again. With only mere seconds, Daina reached from one of two Anti-Tank grenades and unpinned the explosive yet again. She only needed enough power to blast a hole through one of the hands and escape the other. The hands were almost on top of her, and with the dangerously-close range, she worried about the possible shrapnel she might get from the explosion. But there was no time to think. With the two hands closing in, Daina chose her opening and tossed the AT Grenade onto the colossal right hand. Feeling the singe of heat through the thick rubber of her gas mask, Daina drove through the hole it made and tumbled through as the hands fell inward, narrowly escaping death once more. “It’ll take a lot more than that to kill me, Sorceror!” the Corporal hollered.

“You’re right” Zenbu said in a threatening matter. Before Daina’s very eyes, Zenbu disappeared into a sort of wormhole, vanishing into thin air. For several blood chilling moments, there was only silence on the battlefield. Daina was alerted to the sound of shifting air around her as a wormhole opened up behind her and Zenbu grabbed her by the hair and pulled her in. The two were taken to a completely different area. Daina got up and found herself at the foot of an active volcano. The top of it was illuminated by the light of fire and lava, and black smoke emerged from its mouth. “Well done, Daina. Well done. What will you do now? I’m honestly looking forward to it. How long do you think you’ll last in this environment, hmm? Show me what you can do, or die!” Zenbu screamed

The air was toxic, and the fumes were smoldering hot with blazing embers from the lava. Daina wasn’t as worried about breathing as she was about burning to death again. The embers were already tearing away at her cotton uniform, and not wanting to stay around any longer, Daina bolted for the bottom of the volcano. “I’m not going to last long if this keeps up…” she thought to herself. “I’ll have to end this quickly if I hope to have a chance of getting out here alive.”

Zenbu walked calmly towards Daina, clasping his hands as he took steps through the smoldering ground. With the Art of Pluto, a human body began to from and walk with him. First came the bones, then the muscles, organs, and vessels. Organic flesh and components were assembling right before her very eyes. This clone then disappeared into the ground, and Zenbu stopped walking. He unsheathed his sword and opened a wormhole beneath him. He stabbed the sword through the wormhole, a move which perplexed Daina. Then, she was alerted to the sound of the air shifting once more and narrowly dodged the sword as it came out of the second wormhole behind her. As she dodged however, Zenbu’s clone emerged from the ground and pulled her down by her arm.

With lightning reflexes, Daina wielded her pistol and with deadly, surgical precision, shot the clone’s arm off with all eight shots, freeing her from it’s grip. She immediately jumped back and took up her other firearm, a small, lightweight submachine-gun, and rained fire on wherever she could hit the clone.

Zenbu charged at Daina with his sword, taking swings at her as she did all she could to dodge. She craftily kept herself out of harm’s way, even going as far as to block some of the swings with her rifle. Annoyed by her persistence, Zenbu clasped his hands and used the Art of Mars to agitate the volcano. Sparks and streaks and lava erupted from it and soared into the sky. These streams of lava gathered themselves around Zenbu’s sword. “Now then, be burned to the bone!” Zenbu screamed as he charged Daina once more. She was now careful not to make physical contact with any of his swings.

Her stamina however, was beginning to give out. As Daina’s body began to tire, Zenbu swung the sword closer and closer to her, inching toward her body with every advance. “Come on, Daina!” the Corporal urged herself. “Just a little longer!” Zenbu then made a swift horizontal slash, and with the last of her energy, dodged the swing from underneath and reached for the knife in her boot. With a giant heave, Daina thrusted the knife upward between Zenbu’s arms and struck through his throat. As Zenbu looked down at Daina, realizing his carelessness, Daina reached behind and pulled out a small switch with a wire running down to her back. With a single click, the entire area imploded with a vicious green gas. Nerve Gas. “This is why I wear the mask.” Daina uttered.

Zenbu inhaled some of the gas, but was able to strain his Eye of Nibiru and wormhole out of the gaseous cloud. “Damn her...some kind of poisonous concoction”. Zenbu clasped his hands and used the Art of Uranus to dispel the gas, clearing the battlefield once more. He then took the opportunity to purify his organs with the Art of Pluto, as well as heal his pierced throat. “Amazing agility and a diverse set of tools. I see your kind are not to be underestimated. However, you will be subjugated to the awe of Jupiter!” Zenbu unraveled the chain whip he used as a belt, and it began to course with electricity. “Your move, mortal. Do what you must. I dare you.” Zenbu muttered.

Daina was at the breaking point. Her body trembled from exhaustion, and her hands shivered controllably from the exertion. Sweat poured from the top of her brows, and her heavy breathing was taking its toll on the mask as the air inside became stuffy. “Damn…” she cursed. “My body won’t move…” For a mere moment, all she could do was watch as Zenbu, practically unharmed from her efforts, charged his whip with electricity, the crackling in the air intensifying as the power built up. “Think Daina, Think!” she urged herself. She needed to deflect that electricity, and the only surefire way was to use a conductor. “That’s it…” Daina realized. “Finish me already, you half-ass excuse-of-a-man! What happened to your smart talk earlier? Can’t deal with a weak, frail girl, or am I that much trouble for you?”

“You’re the most impressive mortal I’ve fought in a while, I’ll give you that. Perhaps it is your ability to adapt so quickly that has allowed you to live for so long. However, I grow tired of your persistent spirit. It’s time to be extinguished, don’t you think?” Zenbu swung his chain around in the air, using the rotations to gather the electricity and strike from afar. “Let’s see you try to dodge the power of Jupiter, young one!” Zenbu gleefully shouted.

With a mighty snap, Zenbu sent the electrically-charged whip straight toward Corporal Allens. There was no time to dodge, nor did she have the energy to do so, and so with her quick thinking, Allens picked up her rifle which still had its bayonet attached, and intercepted the chains with end of the bayonet, taking care to hold only the wooden parts as she did. The chain furiously wrapped around the long end of the rifle, and with the last bit secured, Daina drew whatever strength she could out from her body and lifted the rifle over her shoulder. Like a javelin, she aimed down her target, and with the electricity still buzzing within the chains, flung the rifle straight into the air, right back at Zenbu.

“Desperate fool.” Zenbu remarked. Zenbu let go of his whip chain and disappeared once again into a wormhole. That deafening silence returned, giving Daina just a moment to catch her breath. The moment passed, and there was still no sign of Zenbu, no sound of the air shifting. Zenbu appeared from above and came crashing down like an angel from the heavens. He delivered a swift kick to Daina’s back, cratering the hot ground and sending black, smoldering pebbles into the air.

The Corporal choked from the impact, coughing blood as she skidded across the field. Her body began to numb terribly, and her mind began to go blank. Slowly, she removed the bloodied gas mask she had on and took in as much fresh air as she could into her lungs, her chest bobbing up-and-down erratically as she did. She stared agonizingly at her hand, bruised and covered in blood. “Damn…” she muttered. Zenbu slowly approached her from a distance, taking his time as he strolled toward the soldier’s weak and broken body. Daina fiddled with the back of her belt as he came closer.

“There’s a little thing called power, Daina. You’ve exerted intelligence and quick wit, but not power. Now look at you. You can hardly even move. Give in and make your death less painful. It will all be over when you can no longer hear yourself screaming.” Zenbu shouted.

Daina hoarsely chuckled. “Power? What power?” Daina chuckled again as she began coughing blood again. “If this is how much power you need to kill someone as insignificant as me… you surely are the most powerless of them all…” She coughed yet again. “And you certainly won’t have control over my death, Sorcerer.”

Zenbu unsheathed his sword and prepared to strike Daina. It all came down to this final strike. Otherwise, she would lose her life. Both were determined to have the other fall, that the last moment almost seemed to move in slow motion for the both of them.

Daina knew she had lost the strength to fight long before. Yet that would not stop her from delivering the final blow. Just as Zenbu’s sword entered Daina’s skin, the persistent soldier grabbed hold of Zenbu’s ankle and ignited the bundled grenade she hid behind her back. “You’re going down with me, you bastard!” With a tight grip, she clung unto the Marluxian Arts wielder and held the explosive between them as the grenade ripped apart in a million pieces, engulfing the area in a massive, fiery blast from where they both stood.

The only remaining sound was the roar of the volcano as it continued to flow with churning lava. As the smoke cleared, neither of their bodies remained at the explosion site. Then, a shift in the air opened up a wormhole, and a badly injured, burned, and bleeding Zenbu staggered out of it. His cloak and bandages were torn, and the right side of his body was hardly even recognizable. Zenbu laughed maniacally at the excitement of it all. “You did good, woman. You did damn well! Truly you had a warrior’s soul within you.” Zenbu clasped his hands, which were missing its fingers, and used the Art of Pluto to heal his body and rebuild the destroyed bone and tissue. “Argh! I’ll need to handle the pain and shrapnel later. But for now...I’ve won!” Zenbu tied his warfan around his repaired wrist and fastened his chain whip back around his waist. He opened a wormhole out of the area and returned to his hideout, where he could further heal himself after the intense battle.

What remained of the young Corporal was nothing more than a smoldering corpse amidst a charred, desolate field, her entire right side blown away by the explosion. Daina’s hat flew off into the wind as the flames whipped across the field, her Star of Terra still glimmering atop her chest as the volcano erupts and consumes what was left of the battle in crimson lava.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 11:24:56 PM by Operative13 »
“To give of oneself is the noblest of all acts.”

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Ope1ativ3
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/OPHolden

Offline Hope4Future

• Future Writer
  • "Ryujin no ken o kurae!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2016, 01:29:59 AM »
... where do i begin  :hmm:  ...

Quote from: Walter B
I think the fight is going to come off great and we will have it as a tournament match up  :D :D

Yes we have a sample match but nobody commented on it. You even freaked out a bit because your character died  :tongue: :tongue:

its a tournament match-up? was there a vote?

i wasn't 'freaked out', i was confused by the situation at the time. idk why it sounded like i was angry or upset.

Quote from: Walter B
Quote from: Killer B !!SAMA!!
no mistersherbertlemon's character cant be drop out cause its his character,and yeah its a good read when he see his character battle out and win

That character stays. I like it very much  :D (and serooo's character too).

its Sherbert's character: if he walks, so should the character; its only fair.

the Grave and Ryoni match was well done i must say, you did use the necessary tools that the creators suggested and tried to avoid the one-sided battles. (this doesn't excuse my earlier comment about Sherberts character)

also, the match between Daina and Zenbu that Operative13 was truly extraordinary. i was surprised when you challenged your character to that of a god, very bold i must say. not mention that considering it was your character involved, i figured you would've done things differently.

well, it took me forever to catch up with all the replies, after half a day of not being on here, i think that's enough out of me for a while. i'll just chill with what we got and work with it, no point in debating about it.

Offline Operative13

• Self-Proclaimed Writer and Anime Enthusiast
  • Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2016, 01:44:53 AM »
also, the match between Daina and Zenbu that Operative13 was truly extraordinary. i was surprised when you challenged your character to that of a god, very bold i must say. not mention that considering it was your character involved, i figured you would've done things differently.

Spoiler
It was actually very intriguing how things played out. Things seemed to started well for Daina when we first began writing, but as the fight dragged on, she kinda ran out of tricks to counter Zenbu's seemingly limitless powers.  :push: Kinda makes sense, since in my story, the era hasn't developed to the point where technology completely dominates over magic. Perhaps if I chose other suited characters or picked from a more advanced timeline, it would be more even-matched, but oh well, you reap what you sow!  :thumbsup: OGHM manages to uphold the status quo of Magic over Technology!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 01:47:18 AM by Operative13 »
“To give of oneself is the noblest of all acts.”

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Ope1ativ3
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/OPHolden

Offline Hope4Future

• Future Writer
  • "Ryujin no ken o kurae!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2016, 02:45:26 AM »
Spoiler
It was actually very intriguing how things played out. Things seemed to started well for Daina when we first began writing, but as the fight dragged on, she kinda ran out of tricks to counter Zenbu's seemingly limitless powers.  :push: Kinda makes sense, since in my story, the era hasn't developed to the point where technology completely dominates over magic. Perhaps if I chose other suited characters or picked from a more advanced timeline, it would be more even-matched, but oh well, you reap what you sow!  :thumbsup: OGHM manages to uphold the status quo of Magic over Technology!

but a hell of a fight and against all odds too. i wonder how the rest of us will fight against such power and now with Ryoni out of the picture (i assume that's the version we're going with), there might not be someone to match that power. interesting turn of events going on here ...

nevertheless, if those matches are final, then that means its down to 4 characters (including my own) to complete round 1. so before anyone else gets the chance ...

Kalvin - "i challenge Xiana for the next match-up!"

considering she seems to be the best fit thus far and with both of their similar fighting styles, it may prove to be an interesting match-up. the flight might be difficult to ward off against but i'll find a way to make it work. i should be able to write something up tomorrow, i already got a few ideas down, until then: i guess you could either pm your votes (because idk if Walter B will be able to put up a poll) or i'll just make it up as i go and leave out the ending until the votes are in ... i'll probably do the latter, it wont make much difference if its a close match ...

Offline Killer B !!SAMA!!

• I GOT U THERE PERVERT AJUSSI
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 17, 2016, 03:26:38 AM »
what a battle....Diana vs zenbu was epic

ZENBU you have a planet in ur palms haha
i enjoyed every piece like diana throw a granade to counter the fire

but in the volcano its was really a disaster  :o

nc writing there guys

Offline BlazeB

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 17, 2016, 03:47:42 AM »
Question at what stage should we submit for the character info? Like where they are in the story at the moment or what where they shall be at the conclusion of the series?

Offline Ser0ooo

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 17, 2016, 08:02:54 AM »
Question at what stage should we submit for the character info? Like where they are in the story at the moment or what where they shall be at the conclusion of the series?

As of right now everyone just submitted their characters and we're doing random match ups until all the characters are eliminated and there is one victor. I'm sure if you submit your character that he/she can be used in a future tournament.
There is really no story or series right now. It's basically just a friendly match up of characters to see how they hold up against other OC's.

but a hell of a fight and against all odds too. i wonder how the rest of us will fight against such power and now with Ryoni out of the picture (i assume that's the version we're going with), there might not be someone to match that power. interesting turn of events going on here ....

After realizing how powerful zenbu is it would have probably been a better match up to put him up against Ryoni. I would love to see a matchup where can use more than just a fraction of his power lol  :swordfight:
Already anticipating the next tournament lol

Offline Ser0ooo

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 17, 2016, 08:07:54 AM »
Well now that he's out of the picture, I'm completely open for someone using Ryoni as a support character if need be.

Offline Kata_Misashi

• "Toucan Powah!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 17, 2016, 08:13:33 AM »
Zenbu vs Diana was amazing! Not that I don't like Zenbu but was rooting for Diana. Still tricks can only go so far I suppose no matter how genius they are. Crazy cool match!

Kalvin - "i challenge Xiana for the next match-up!"

Xiana - "Oh ho~ Was waiting to get my wings dirty. You're so going down!"

A pair of gauntlet wearing, earth shifting, fowl temper (teehee, fowl... see what I did there? :tongue:) brawlers fighting to the death? Oh yeah. Should make for an interesting match.