March 28, 2024, 04:36:57 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Poll

Who should advance to the final?

Grave
0 (0%)
Xiana
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: March 04, 2016, 09:51:31 AM

Author Topic: MangaRaiders Character Tournament. (WITH PRIZES!!)  (Read 83851 times)

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
Re: MangaRaiders Character Tournament. (WITH PRIZES!!)
« Reply #90 on: February 17, 2016, 08:51:57 AM »
Man Operative that was one awesome fight! Congrats! I actually felt sad for Daina in the end (that last paragraph was fantastic). What a powerful God we have here. Wonder if anyone can take him down  :o :o

the satchel exploded into a massive fireball, extinguishing whatever oxygen was left to keep the flames going.

Really liked this part.  ;)

Thank you for writing such an incredible fight!!

its Sherbert's character: if he walks, so should the character; its only fair.

Weren't you the one who said "if you enter the arena you stay in the arena?"

Cool we have a third match already!!! Means we now have all the pairings for Round 1! At this rate we are going to finish this way faster than I imagined!!!

Kalvin vs Xiana

Tristan vs Fraagon

« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 11:00:31 AM by Walter B »

Facebook       Patreon

Offline Hope4Future

• Future Writer
  • "Ryujin no ken o kurae!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 17, 2016, 11:35:49 AM »
A pair of gauntlet wearing, earth shifting, fowl temper (teehee, fowl... see what I did there? :tongue:) brawlers fighting to the death? Oh yeah. Should make for an interesting match.

i'm looking forward to this match-up too, didn't realize how much they actually did have in common (lol i get it  ;)).

Walter B i suppose you'll write your characters match-up since you know him best, there isn't much there for me to work with anyhow. but how are we doing the voting method? are you gonna post a poll for each match-up? i didn't vote in the previous 2 matches because of this.

Quote from: Walter B
Quote from: Hope4Future
its Sherbert's character: if he walks, so should the character; its only fair.

Weren't you the one who said "if you enter the arena you stay in the arena?"

touché  :glare:

Quote from: BlazeB
Question at what stage should we submit for the character info? Like where they are in the story at the moment or what where they shall be at the conclusion of the series?

story wise: no clue, all i know is that we're doing battles; maybe there's a story floating around in all of this but i'm not too sure. you can submit your character whenever, but i think the 8 of us have been already set up for this until the last man (or woman) is left standing. plus, considering we have yet to hear from Lego or Paipis about their entries (nor anyone else), there wouldn't be anyone to match-up with your character until then.

lastly everyone: don't forget to submit votes for Kalvin vs Xiana (i assume to Walter B or myself or in the poll or whatever the end game for this method is)! i'll post what i have in mind later today but i might not be able to finish it then.

Offline MisterSherbetLemon

• The MangaRaiders Political Correctness Enforcer...Ha!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 17, 2016, 12:34:41 PM »
I didn't say strictly I was walking haha, I just said I'd have to opt out if I'm expected to write full fight scenes. I'm swamped with plans this week and I'm behind schedule as it is ;) I'll still be sending tactics and traits of what my character would do  ;D

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 17, 2016, 01:37:48 PM »
I added a couple of moves for my character.

Walter B i suppose you'll write your characters match-up since you know him best

Sounds like a plan. I write my characters match up and you (or Kata, dunno) write yours.

but how are we doing the voting method? are you gonna post a poll for each match-up?

Yes I don't know about the poll thing seems we forgot about it lol. I don't know how to make a poll honestly, but it seems like it would be easier if you make a poll and put the link here instead of having people pm me.

i'll post what i have in mind later today but i might not be able to finish it then.

Yes take it easy. I'm not planning to finish this one as quick as the last one either. This doesn't need to be over within one week  ;) Maybe I will post mine friday or so, or I will put up some ideas and let people give feedback before  making it the final version.

Facebook       Patreon

Offline Jackhammer

• Propagator of unusual plot lines. Master out-of-context.
  • I am me. Are you you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 17, 2016, 02:50:04 PM »
Teddy
Name: Teddy (aka The Ogre, Sentinel, Ted Dhar Yrsi)

Story (What story are they from): Strongest Level One (n)PC

Height: 2.5 meters in human form, 7 in true form

Personality: Incapable of speech, his personality is cold and calm. To friends (read as packmembers) he is warm, affectionate and considerate.

Physical description: Tall, muscular and covered in scars. Has iceblue eyes. Brown hair. A lot of brown hair all over his body. Wears a studded leather armor.

Gear: Two bladed, two-handed, blunt, rusted, heavy, indestructible battle axe. Studded leather.

Abilities: Colossal strenght (rivals Hulk), wolfs speed and senses, Eagles eyes, trolls regeneration, unending stamina, tough as a mountain.

Powers: several passives. All involving close combat.

Bathed in blood: When covered in blood, his skin hardens and his abilities grow.

Unrelenting assault: physical attacks he receives (and those he deals) increases his physical abilities every time. Magic or energy doesn't proc this. (Bullets proc, lazers won't)

Indomitable: His mind is his own and no one can affect it unless he wills it. Can't be mind read.

Tough as nails: Every scar toughens his skin, making it more resistant to physical attacks.

Trolls regeneration: His wounds heal insanely fast. He can reattach limbs or regrow them if they are destroyed completely. His body always prefers reattachement over regrowth. Cannot regrow his head.

Unending Stamina: He never tires.

Immune to Cold, Resistant to fire, resistant to pain, immune to all curses and debuffs.

Weakness: Magic except Cold, somewhat resistant to fire, ranged battle. Energy weapons. Can be killed by completely destroying his head while it is severed from the rest of his body.

Combat Type: Cold, methodical, barbaric, brutal, unrelenting mêlée using a blunt, heavy, rusted, indestructible doublebladed axe. Due to the sheer amount of combat experience little to no wasted movements.

Moves:
Howl of Terror: He howls at the enemy, weaker willed creatures either flee in panic or cover in fear, disabling them.

Health is a relative thing.

Offline Ser0ooo

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 17, 2016, 03:44:14 PM »

Yes take it easy. I'm not planning to finish this one as quick as the last one either. This doesn't need to be over within one week  ;) Maybe I will post mine friday or so, or I will put up some ideas and let people give feedback before  making it the final version.

That consideration would have been appreciated with the first match. :l

Offline Ser0ooo

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 17, 2016, 03:53:55 PM »
Teddy

Personality: Incapable of speech, his personality is cold and calm. To friends (read as packmembers) he is warm, affectionate and considerate.

Physical description: Tall, muscular and covered in scars. Has iceblue eyes. Brown hair. A lot of brown hair all over his body. Wears a studded leather armor.

Gear: Two bladed, two-handed, blunt, rusted, heavy, indestructible battle axe. Studded leather.

Abilities: Colossal strenght (rivals Hulk), wolfs speed and senses, Eagles eyes, trolls regeneration, unending stamina, tough as a mountain.

Bathed in blood: When covered in blood, his skin hardens and his abilities grow.

Unrelenting assault: physical attacks he receives (and those he deals) increases his physical abilities every time. Magic or energy doesn't proc this. (Bullets proc, lazers won't)

Indomitable: His mind is his own and no one can affect it unless he wills it. Can't be mind read.

Tough as nails: Every scar toughens his skin, making it more resistant to physical attacks.

Trolls regeneration: His wounds heal insanely fast. He can reattach limbs or regrow them if they are destroyed completely. His body always prefers reattachement over regrowth. Cannot regrow his head.

Immune to Cold, Resistant to fire, resistant to pain, immune to all curses and debuffs.

Weakness: Magic except Cold, somewhat resistant to fire, ranged battle. Energy weapons. Can be killed by completely destroying his head while it is severed from the rest of his body.

Combat Type: Cold, methodical, barbaric, brutal, unrelenting mêlée using a blunt, heavy, rusted, indestructible doublebladed axe. Due to the sheer amount of combat experience little to no wasted movements.

Moves:
Howl of Terror: He howls at the enemy, weaker willed creatures either flee in panic or cover in fear, disabling them.

I soooo want to take on Teddy In The next tournament! Seems like Ryoni will actually be able to go all out! 😈

Offline Hope4Future

• Future Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 17, 2016, 08:38:38 PM »
Quote from: MisterSherbertLemon
I didn't say strictly I was walking haha, I just said I'd have to opt out if I'm expected to write full fight scenes. I'm swamped with plans this week and I'm behind schedule as it is ;) I'll still be sending tactics and traits of what my character would do  ;D

oh, oops  :sure:

i must've misunderstood what you meant but yea that's fine actually, it seems like a handful of us are already willing to write out the fights of the characters and nobody's had any objections yet. add what you can, but if any major details about your character are left out of place then be sure to correct us.

Quote from: Walter B
Quote from: Hope4Future
but how are we doing the voting method? are you gonna post a poll for each match-up?

Yes I don't know about the poll thing seems we forgot about it lol. I don't know how to make a poll honestly, but it seems like it would be easier if you make a poll and put the link here instead of having people pm me.

got it, i'll post one up and leave a link below this post.

but what about the other 2 matches, are the results final? (i actually never got a chance to vote for those but i'm fine with the results)

Quote from: Jackhammer
Teddy

Moves:

i skimmed through it but basically what i took from it was: "resistant to everything!"

a character like this can only go so far if he has no weaknesses (yes, i read the weaknesses part but it doesn't really conflict well unless he was fighting a sorcerer), because of it there would be no real conflict in the scenario if he is invincible.

i'll even go as far as to veto this character unless proven to be more flexible in his abilities, this isn't a battle of gods.

the polls are up, decide their fate!

currently: Kalvin vs Xiana
link: http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,15682.msg253704.html#msg253704
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 08:51:01 PM by Hope4Future »

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 17, 2016, 08:50:35 PM »
i'll even go as far as to veto this character unless proven to be more flexible in his abilities, this isn't a battle of gods.

dude we have made an  avatar teleporter mummy God who can make clones, transport to other dimensions and heal himself. i think we can handle a regenerator

Facebook       Patreon

Offline Hope4Future

• Future Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 17, 2016, 08:54:41 PM »

dude we have made an  avatar teleporter mummy God who can make clones, transport to other dimensions and heal himself. i think we can handle a regenerator

hmm, i guess  :glare:   but i stand by what i said, at least OGHM's character is limited by his abilities. he can only use one ability at a time, its at least something to work around with but this is ridiculous.

Offline Operative13

• Self-Proclaimed Writer and Anime Enthusiast
  • Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 17, 2016, 09:03:10 PM »
Truly, Zenbu is one overpowered mofo  8) You'd have to vaporize him to put him in his place!
“To give of oneself is the noblest of all acts.”

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Ope1ativ3
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/OPHolden

Offline OhGodHelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 17, 2016, 09:33:13 PM »
Heh, Zenbu really isn't a god. He refers to himself as "servant of God" as a reference to the person who made him, who he looks just like. I know the Marluxian Arts can make it seem like someone is a god by virtue of their powers, but they can still die

Actually, Zenbu's weakness is right in front your faces, you're just looking too hard  ;)

Offline Operative13

• Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 17, 2016, 09:42:06 PM »
Oh... ooooh... sonfovabtch...  *facepalm* :push:

Offline OhGodHelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 17, 2016, 09:44:27 PM »
I can't believe you didn't think about during the whole time we were writing out the fight  :clapping:

For shame, Op13, for shame

Offline Operative13

• Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 17, 2016, 09:47:34 PM »
I missed that!!!  :ohmy: How could I have missed that!? I was so focused on keeping her alive I didn't even think about re-reading the...