November 17, 2018, 01:54:39 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Poll

Who should advance to the final?

Grave
0 (0%)
Xiana
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: March 04, 2016, 09:51:31 AM

Author Topic: MangaRaiders Character Tournament. (WITH PRIZES!!)  (Read 23807 times)

Offline Operative13

• Self-Proclaimed Writer and Anime Enthusiast
  • Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
Re: MangaRaiders Character Tournament. (WITH PRIZES!!)
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2016, 09:31:20 AM »
I dunno... we should try to at least limit ourselves to what we got right now.  :-\ It's one thing to be ambitious on what you can accomplish. It's entirely another to know what you can actually do :unsure: If it's going to be 16 characters, that might be chewing off a bit more than you can actually take.

It's highly recommended that both writers are actively participating in writing up the fight scenes, otherwise it ends up being other people trying to come up with stuff that's not their own (I, for example, would not have a single clue for writing how a demon hunter would act, let alone someone else's. I'm more into military tactics and such   :push: ) And giving a simple "yes-no" review somewhat defeats the purpose of a collaborative project  :noidea:

Of course I don't expect everyone to commit all the way (It always happens regardless whether it's required you stay or not... for reasons.  :-X ), but at least have enough of something to go off on!  ;D Some submissions barely have anything to write on  :confused:

Now just to get an idea how it ended up for me back on the AoC, I'll just link the post here:

http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,13661.msg245912.html#msg245912

Granted, it may not be as long or detailed in this tourney, including the story-significant dialogue involved, but that's what is somewhat expected out of this project. Hopefully the thing becomes more of "two people getting together to write something amazing" rather than "one person writes up a scenario and the other says yes-or-no". That's a bit how things ended up on WC's side. He ended up having to deal with 20+ characters on his own more-or-less, which is a bit of a strain for his part, so maybe this tourney will introduce something different other than what went on with the other one.  ;)
“To give of oneself is the noblest of all acts.”

Offline Killer B !!SAMA!!

• I GOT U THERE PERVERT AJUSSI
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2016, 10:03:58 AM »
i dont know yet because surprisingly we got 8 now this day only i dont know tommorow oh i guess now what ur pointing so to be clear ur confused because when other are doing on your char and you have already finished it on your own scenario but  we will choose one on 2 scenarios on a vote so walter b can u somewhat do a voting match fight on what character will fight so its clear that that 2 characters will fight   

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2016, 10:06:03 AM »
If it's going to be 16 characters, that might be chewing off a bit more than you can actually take.

Like I said we make 8 first. We keep the others there and see what happens. I think we will end up doing just 8 but I didn't want to close submission in one day.

Could you please PM me who do you want to win? Not who you think would win. Just which character you would prefer to have advancing.

Facebook       Patreon

Offline Operative13

• Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2016, 10:29:21 AM »
Have brackets been set up yet? Or are we just freeballing whichever characters goes up to the next round? Best make sure people don't end up voting for their own characters, might I add!  8)

Offline Killer B !!SAMA!!

• I GOT U THERE PERVERT AJUSSI
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2016, 10:34:45 AM »
haha wait men haha

Offline Ser0ooo

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2016, 11:21:40 AM »
I'm pretty excited and nervous at the same time to see how Ryoni holds up to these other characters.
I want to see how he does before introducing other characters.
On that note,
If we really need more people I'm sure a lot of us have a few more that could be entered to fill the gaps.
Just a thought.

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2016, 12:01:08 PM »
Grave vs Ryoni

Wow this takes longer than I imagined. I figured out I will post what I have so far. The match is not even finished yet  ;)

Please leave feedback!!

Grave (swordman who uses potions and illusions) vs Ryoni (transforms into demons)

Spoiler
Grave wasted no time taking a vial with a bright red potion from his pocket and drinking the entire flask at once. He immediately felt his heart pumping as the surge of energy filled his body. The red vial contained his special potion made of Redbull, Rocket fuel and Amphetamines. It makes him go berserk mode where his strength, speed, and reflexes are massively boosted.

“What was that?...A battle enhancer?" Ryoni wondered. "Nevermind, you can drink, eat or smoke whatever you want you won’t stand a chance against my Physical demon”.

To everyone’s surprise Ryoni Transformed into a fearsome demon with long horns and three arms. One of them was a huge armored arm with a three finger claw and there were two weird looking arms in the other side.  With one of the arms he reached to the ground and formed a massive sword nearly the size of Grave’s bastard sword.

“This should do it. It has been a while since I had an interesting sword duel. I hope you can at least keep me entertained for a while”

“Haha.  A cocky bastard aren’t you? I want to see how you look like when I slice those horns off your head” Normally Grave wouldn’t care about his opponent’s  taunting but something about the amphetamines in his blood made him a bit angrier than usual.

“Alright, enough talking” Grave was really feeling like taking the demon’s head off. With both of his hands keeping a firm grip on his bastard sword he quickly rushed forward and started swinging his sword against Ryoni.

Ryoni was taken by surprise by the speed and brutality of Grave’s attacks and the immense force behind them. He had to use both his sword and claw to block the sword and prevent the monster hunter from slashing him. On the occasion that he managed to swing his claw towards Grave he always dodge it at the last second.  His unconventional swinging style made it hard to predict his moves.

“What a fine swordsman” thought Ryoni. Grave’s moves let little openings to abuse.  Ryoni knew had the advantage on power and defense but Grave had him beat on speed.

Ryoni and Grave continued to exchange blows. None of them seemed to have a clear advantage over the other one.  Despite Grave's speed advantage, Ryoni’s reinforced arm  and sword were able to block Grave’s swings without much trouble and counter with his own moves.

Grave's body was starting to feel the effects of the fight even with the amphetamines in his blood. His smaller build would not be able to take the demon’s massive blows for too long.

“..Better finish this quickly, a long battle will not benefit me at all...”

Ryoni observed astonished as Grave came swinging at him with a single hand on his sword. Had he been more observant he would have noticed the small black vial Grave took from his pocket.

The demon swung his sword against Grave’s with full force, knocking him and sending him a couple of meters back.

“Is amazing you managed to keep balance after that hit, but do you really think you can swing at me using one hand? I will kill you next time you underestimate me like that”

By the time he felt the weird smell on the air it was way too late. He realized Grave had somehow gotten a second vial out of his pocket and smashed it on the ground right below him.

“*censored*, what the hell is this, poison??”

Grave simply smiled and kept his distance. Now it was all a matter of waiting for his special potion to kick off. 

“*censored*, my demonic body gives me a certain resistance against poisons, but I better finish this guy before the poison kicks in fully”. Ryoni moved in to attack Grave but the monster hunter kept dodging his attacks and retreating.

Ryoni noticed the change in behavior and immediately understood his opponent’s strategy. “He is trying to stall for time until his weird roofie thing kicks in. I can’t let him do that”

“Alright, if you are going to stay back and doge like a scared bitch I will attack from a distance”. He summoned a demonic shotgun from his free hand and aimed it at Graves face.

“Take this!” Ryoni yelled as he shot at Grave. To his surprise, the shot missed completely. It was then when he realized that his vision was a bit blurry.

“What the ff…the poison? No way it kicked in so quickly!” He kept shooting at Grave but none of the bullets would hit their target. At some point Grave’s face seemed to morph in a strange way, and the blurriness kept increasing. He looked at the floor and a strange texture began to appear on it.

“Just what did you do to me”. Ryoni barely had time to react as Grave quickly moved in to attack. He managed to block with the shotgun at the last second but the weapon got destroyed in the process.

“This is not good. I better change to evasive tactics while I think of something”. The demon hunter took his Bo staff and morphed into a second demon with medieval looking knight helmet. He manifested flame wings and flew up in the air to stay out of Grave’s reach.

“Another demon? Just how many forms does he have” Grave thought to himself. He kept his cool however because he knew Ryoni had made a big mistake by manifesting those wings.

Within a few seconds, the illusion hit Ryoni with full force.  The sky began spinning as all kinds Firework animals appeared and flew right next to him. He tried to attack them with his staff but the weapon went right through them.

“What the hell?...just what kind of illusion is this”

“You like it?” Said Grave. “This is my special potion. It is made out of LSD, DMT and Mescaline. It will surely give you a nice trip. Enjoy it! By the way Flying takes a big toll on your sense of equilibrium so it makes you feel the potion effects even quicker. Thank you for that”

“Crap. I am so going to kill this guy now”. Ryoni was feeling really disoriented as it descended to the ground. There were weird textures and animals flying all over the place. He looked around and suddenly saw himself trapped in a giant glass vial like the ones used by Grave. The vial was slowly filling up with a weird black liquid. The illusion was unbearable.

"I got him now....die!!"

As Grave moved in for the kill, Ryoni saw the sky turn black all of a sudden.  Hundreds of grotesque winged demons started coming down from the sky and brutally killing the animals, ripping them off with their claws and teeth. A huge demon then came out from a hellish hole on the ground and smashed the vial with his huge claws, releasing the demon hunter.

“Ethereal demon!!” Ryoni never  expected to be glad at the sight of the powerful being but somehow he preferred the familiar view over that weird trippy *censored* he was seeing before.

“Are you going to get beaten by an illusion? Snap out of it!!!!!” Ryoni came back to his senses just in time to counter Grave’s attack, landing a strong blow on his face and sending him backwards.

“Ugh…what the *censored*…how did you managed to snap out of it? This was my strongest potion” Grave asked as he spit a lot of blood. That hit was quite a strong one. He would be dead had he not blocked with his sword at the last second.

“You have my respect little swordsman. That illusion trick was quite good but, unfortunately for you, there are a few other entities in my head. They don’t like it very much when someone gets in there uninvited.”

“Just what the hell are you”

“Hell…yeah…that would be a good way to describe it”.

(To be continued)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 02:03:45 PM by Walter B »

Facebook       Patreon

Offline Ser0ooo

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2016, 01:17:59 PM »
Grave vs Ryoni

Wow this takes longer than I imagined. I figured out I will post what I have so far. The match is not even finished yet  ;)

Please leave feedback!!

Grave (swordman who uses potions and illusions) vs Ryoni (transforms into demons)

Spoiler
Grave wasted no time taking a vial with a bright red potion from his pocket and drinking the entire flask at once. He immediately felt his heart pumping as the surge of energy filled his body. The red vial contained his special potion made of Redbull, Rocket fuel and Amphetamines. It makes him go berserk mode where his strength, speed, and reflexes are massively boosted.

“What was that?...A battle enhancer?" Ryoni wondered. "Nevermind, you can drink, eat or smoke whatever you want you won’t stand a chance against my Physical demon”.

To everyone’s surprise Ryoni Transformed into a fearsome demon with long horns and three arms. One of them was a huge armored arm with a three finger claw and there were two weird looking arms in the other side.  With one of the arms he reached to the ground and formed a massive sword nearly the size of Grave’s bastard sword.

“This should do it. It has been a while since I had an interesting sword duel. I hope you can at least keep me entertained for a while”

“Haha.  A cocky bastard aren’t you? I want to see how you look like when I slice those horns off your head” Normally Grave wouldn’t care about his opponent’s  taunting but something about the amphetamines in his blood made him a bit angrier than usual.

“Alright, enough talking” Grave was really feeling like taking the demon’s head off. With both of his hands keeping a firm grip on his bastard sword he quickly rushed forward and started swinging his sword against Ryoni.

Ryoni was taken by surprise by the speed and brutality of Grave’s attacks and the immense force behind them. He had to use both his sword and claw to block the sword and prevent the monster hunter from slashing him. On the occasion that he managed to swing his claw towards Grave he managed to dodge it at the last second. 

“What a fine swordsman” thought Ryoni. Grave’s moves let little openings to abuse.  Ryoni knew had the advantage on power and defense but Grave had him beat on speed.

Ryoni and Grave continued to exchange blows. None of them seemed to have a clear advantage over the other one.  Despite his speed advantage, Ryoni’s reinforced arm  and sword were able to block Grave’s swings without much trouble and counter with his own moves.

Grave was starting to feel the effects of the fight even with the amphetamines in his blood. His smaller build would not be able to take the demon’s swings for too long.

“..Better finish this quickly, a long battle will not benefit me at all...”

Ryoni observed astonished as Grave came swinging at him with a single hand on his sword. Had he been more observant he would have noticed the small black vial Grave took from his pocket.

The demon swung his sword against Grave’s with full force, knocking him and sending him a couple of meters back.

“Is amazing you managed to keep balance after that hit, but do you really think you can swing at me using one hand? I will kill you next time you underestimate me like that”

By the time he felt the weird smell on the air it was way too late. He realized Grave had somehow gotten a second vial out of his pocket and smashed it on the ground right below him.

“*censored*, what the hell is this, poison??”

Grave simply smiled and kept his distance. Now it was all a matter of waiting for his special potion to kick off. 

“*censored*, my demonic body gives me a certain resistance against poisons, but I better finish this guy before the poison kicks in fully”. Ryoni moved in to attack Grave but the monster hunter kept dodging his attacks and retreating.

Ryoni noticed the change in behavior and immediately understood his opponent’s strategy. “He is trying to stall for time until his weird roofie thing kicks in. I can’t let him do that”

“Alright, if you are going to stay back and doge like a scared bitch I will attack from a distance”. He summoned a demonic shotgun from his free hand and aimed it at Graves face.

“Take this!” Ryoni yelled as he shot at Grave. To his surprise, the shot missed completely. It was then when he realized that his vision was a bit blurry.

“What the ff…the poison? No way it kicked in so quickly!” He kept shooting at Grave but none of the bullets would hit their target. At some point Grave’s face seemed to morph in a strange way, and the blurriness kept increasing. He looked at the floor and a strange texture began to appear on it.

“Just what did you do to me”. Ryoni barely had time to react as Grave quickly moved in to attack. He managed to block with the shotgun at the last second but the weapon got destroyed in the process.

“This is not good. I better change to evasive tactics while I think of something”. The demon hunter took his Bo staff and morphed into a second demon with medieval looking knight helmet. He manifested flame wings and flew up in the air to stay out of Grave’s reach.

“Another demon? Just how many forms does he have” Grave thought to himself. He kept his cool however because he knew Ryoni had made a big mistake by manifesting those wings.

Within a few seconds, the illusion hit Ryoni with full force.  The sky began spinning as all kinds Firework animals appeared and flew right next to him. He tried to attack them with his staff but the weapon went right through them.

“What the hell?...just what kind of illusion is this”

“You like it?” Said Grave. “This is my special potion. It is made out of LSD, DMT and Mescaline. It will surely give you a nice trip. Enjoy it! By the way Flying takes a big toll on your sense of equilibrium so it makes you feel the potion effects even quicker. Thank you for that”

“Crap. I am so going to kill this guy now”. Ryoni was feeling really disoriented as it descended to the ground. There were weird textures and animals flying all over the place. He looked around and suddenly saw himself trapped in a giant glass vial like the ones used by Grave. The vial was slowly filling up with a weird black liquid. The illusion was unbearable.

"I got him now....die!!"

As Grave moved in for the kill, Ryoni saw the sky turn black all of a sudden.  Hundreds of grotesque winged demons started coming down from the sky and brutally killing the animals, ripping them off with their claws and teeth. A huge demon then came out from a hellish hole on the ground and smashed the vial with his huge claws, releasing the demon hunter.

“Ethereal demon!!” Ryoni never  expected to be glad at the sight of the powerful being but somehow he preferred the familiar view over that weird trippy *censored* he was seeing before.

“Are you going to get beaten by an illusion? Snap out of it!!!!!” Ryoni came back to his senses just in time to counter Grave’s attack, landing a strong blow on his face and sending him backwards.

“Ugh…what the *censored*…how did you managed to snap out of it? This was my strongest potion” Grave asked as he spit a lot of blood. That hit was quite a strong one. He would be dead had he not blocked with his sword at the last second.

“You have my respect little swordsman. That illusion trick was quite good but, unfortunately for you, there are a few other entities in my head. They don’t like it very much when someone gets in there uninvited.”

“Just what the hell are you”

“Hell…yeah…that would be a good way to describe it”.

(To be continued)

I actually like the battle so far! It's pretty detailed and interesting. Can't wait to see what else you have for the conclusion!

Offline Operative13

• Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 16, 2016, 01:29:47 PM »
I think I'll go ahead and get planning then... I must assert my superior writing skills over the commoners!  :biggrin:

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2016, 02:08:28 PM »
Or are we just freeballing whichever characters goes up to the next round?

Yeah we are freeballing it pretty much.

I was thinking of placing yours against the toucan because her speed makes her able to dodge bullets and she can block them with the gauntlets, but is just an idea. Do you want to pair her with a particular character or what do you think?

But anyway, lets not rush this. I will finish this fight first and see how it turns out. Then we talk about how to proceed.

I actually like the battle so far! It's pretty detailed and interesting. Can't wait to see what else you have for the conclusion!

Thank you!  ;) I appreciate it.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 03:06:19 PM by Walter B »

Facebook       Patreon

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2016, 05:01:17 PM »
Alright the final part:

Spoiler
“You managed to piss me off now" Said Ryoni. "That was not a very pleasant experience. Those roofie things you just used on me… I bet you use them to rape girls all the time. You are a creep. You are a creepy little creep and I won’t let you use any of those anymore!”

“We will see about that” Grave said as he reached his pocket for a yellow flask.

“What did I just said!!!!!”  Ryoni yelled as he swiftly swung his sword against Grave’s hand, smashing the vial and chopping off two of his fingers in the process.

“Aaghhhh….crap my hand!!” Grave retreated and looked horrified at the bloody mess where his fingers used to be. The amphetamines numbed the pain somewhat but it would still be hard to fight in this condition.

“You are done now." Said the demon with a huge smile on his face. "Forfeit the match and I will spare your life” said Ryoni. “There is no way you can properly hold a sword like that”

“You think losing a couple of fingers is enough to make me quit? Don’t even think of it. I’m still planning on winning this tournament”

“Very well… I must say I admire your spirit. I will give you a honorable death as a warrior”.

Ryoni charged at his opponent and began to overwhelm him with his powerful sword swings. As the swords clashed against each other, the pain on Grave’s hand was immense but he managed to keep it up and block the demons blows. He was being pushed back by the continuous barrage of attacks, struggling to even maintain the grip on his sword.

“You are barely keeping up in that condition. At this rate you won’t be able to defend for long, let alone launch a counterattack. It is over for you now”.  Ryoni said as he continued to press his advantage. For all the observers, this was now a one sided match. Grave had no way to keep it up for long and Ryoni wouldn’t let him use any of his potions. It was only a matter of time until he got killed. The demon grimed with confidence, clearly visualizing his victory at this point. “There is no way I can lose now” he thought.

Had the demon not been so blinded by his arrogance, he would have noticed the strange sounds his sword was producing as it clashed against Grave’s steel. But the faint sound didn't escape Grave. He knew exactly what to do.

The monster hunter stepped back in order to prepare himself for one final effort. Whatever it happens, this would be the deciding moment.

Grave took a deep breath, tightening the grip on his sword as he prepared to put all of his remaining energy on one last strike. “This is it… don’t fail me now dear sword!” he said to himself as he charged fearlessly at the demon, his eyes glowing with the determination of a man willing to risk it all in one move.

“He is coming at me head on? Has he lost his mind? Fine, I will end this with one strike if this is what you want. This was fun but it has to end now”. The demon responded at him with lethal intent, confident that this last strike would put an end to the match.

The fighters clashed with all their strength. It took Ryoni a while to understand what happened as he fell on a pool of his own blood and felt the cold air on his face, realizing he had just lost a big chunk of it. His demonic powers kept him conscious but he would not be fighting anymore, not with that huge wound. Grave won the match!!

“What the…..what on earth did just happened...did any of the other characters do something? How could this happen?” For a moment he just stayed there without a clue of what was going on.  Ryoni then looked at the floor and it all suddenly made sense. Lying next to him was his sword broken in half. Grave’s bastard sword had completely gone through it like it was made out of glass.

“Huh….aghhh….How…..the f*k did you do that? You were not strong enough to break my sword and I’m sure you didn’t use any of your strength increasing potions”

“Not on me at least”

“What???...”

“That last potion. The one you smashed with the sword. It wasn’t meant for me. I was actually expecting you to do that.”

“What is that even supposed to mean…”

“It has a special acid potion designed to damage the internal structure of any material it touches. I let you smash it on purpose so it would damage your sword and allow me to break it off with one big swing”

“Bastard…you let me cut off your fingers just so you could pull off another of your tricks? I can’t believe you got me with a stupid stunt like that”

“Had you been paying more attention, you would have noticed the cracking sound your sword made as it clashed against mine.  But from the moment you got my hand you couldn’t imagine yourself losing the fight. Your confidence caused you to underestimate your enemy. The battle is not over as long as your opponent can move. Better learn that for the next time.”

And that’s it Grave won the fight! Now lets say we have a healer that regenerates the wounds after each match so Grave keeps his fingers and Ryoni gets his face back.    :sure: :sure:
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 06:34:05 PM by Walter B »

Facebook       Patreon

Offline Ser0ooo

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2016, 05:34:08 PM »
Well I guess the votes were in favor of grave.
Can't say I'm happy losing but I expected to lose eventually. Lol
Wasn't really accurate to Ryoni's battle tactics sadly. Was this one official or was it a practice run?
I was wondering if we could change it up a bit. We can keep the loss if its official but I'd like his battle tactics to be portrayed more accurately if that's cool with everyone.

Offline Operative13

• Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2016, 05:40:36 PM »
Daina vs Zenbu... it's happening! This is gonna be epic  8)

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2016, 06:01:35 PM »
Daina vs Zenbu... it's happening! This is gonna be epic  8)

Sweet! Looking forward to see what Daina does againt Zenbu. He can do like a million things.

Well I guess the votes were in favor of grave.

Yep there were. Sorry man  :(

Wasn't really accurate to Ryoni's battle tactics sadly. I was wondering if we could change it up a bit.

Of course man. The fight is in development (says so in the OP) and it will probably stay like that for about a week or so. You can propose any changes you want. What part didn't you like exactly?

Some of the tactics you sent me... for example you said something on the lines of "if he is going to lose he can summon this giant demon that breaths fire and destroys everything". Yeah I know he can do that but he could win against almost any character by doing that.  Your character seems more powerful (conceptually) than Grave but he had to lose so I had to tone down the power level a bit. I tried to keep a balance between staying on character and making the fight balanced. Maybe I missed this one but we can still edit it!!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 06:11:22 PM by Walter B »

Facebook       Patreon

Offline MisterSherbetLemon

• The MangaRaiders Political Correctness Enforcer...Ha!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2016, 06:23:16 PM »
Aw sweet, I won! Totally expected to get wrecked haha. Thanks for the votes guys!

GG Ser0ooo and sweet character you made. 

Also enjoyed the writing Walter, though you made Grave quite the serious talker. Losing the fingers just to make a play on Ryoni's sword is exactly the kind of thing he'd do though haha. ;D