0 (0%)
Senkumo War Stories: Book of Blossoming
0 (0%)
Senkumo War Stories: Book of Betrayal
0 (0%)
Senkumo War Stories: Book of Revenge
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: Death By Ex-Girlfriend (Book of Revenge soon, comrades!)  (Read 196234 times)

Offline Operative13

• Self-Proclaimed Writer and Anime Enthusiast
  • Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
Re: Death By Ex-Girlfriend (Book of Revenge soon, comrades!)
« Reply #540 on: November 12, 2020, 01:46:58 AM »
Always exciting to see the work alive and well OGHM!  ;D
“To give of oneself is the noblest of all acts.”

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Ope1ativ3
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/OPHolden

Offline OhGodHelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #541 on: December 31, 2020, 10:35:53 PM »
Thanks Op!

I've secretly been working on everything this whole time lol Senkumo War Stories has evolved quite a bit and Death by Ex-Girlfriend has been getting some major story changes. Lucrezia was alluded to in a throwaway chapter in this thread and she's now been worked into the story fully. Pretty much every arc is getting a face lift and boob job.

Offline Operative13

• Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: January 01, 2021, 02:57:14 AM »
How exciting! It's always nice to patch things up when you can. I recommend going easy on the surgery. Things should not go to waste, and too much filling could make the fill-ins look like fillers, if you get my drift...  :sure:

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: January 01, 2021, 08:36:33 AM »
weird I thought I commented.
awesome illustrations there, I definitely love the cute one but the epic 2 halves one is also pretty nice.

As I haven't started on a large project of my own yet I can't comment on how much editing should be done or not, but ideally you want to sign off a project as complete at some point, otherwise as you skill grows you will always find more things to improve. I experience this with my art but once a drawing is inked and coloured then it's done, I wont try and fix up anything, and move on. But that's because I want to produce a lot of work. If you dont have another project lined up then there's no reason to rush or to sign it off, but all the same don't edit it indefinitely :P
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline Frozenaaple

• View Profile
« Reply #544 on: January 02, 2021, 02:59:35 PM »
That's... actually pretty good! Despite the fact I had to read with one eye open I really love their personalities and hilariousness. It really took me by surprise when Izanami showed up. This had me grinning like a fool. I hope you continue.

Offline OhGodHelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #545 on: January 02, 2021, 09:36:00 PM »
Thanks Op and Suuper, lord knows I easily get trapped in analysis paralysis and end up not doing anything because of constant reworks  :ohmy: As was the case for Senkumo War Stories. I had to pull away and just be happy with what I worked on. And this is DbEG's first major face lift and I intend for it to be the last. I've had a lot more time to think about how I want everything to connect.

Sage advice, folks.

That's... actually pretty good! Despite the fact I had to read with one eye open I really love their personalities and hilariousness. It really took me by surprise when Izanami showed up. This had me grinning like a fool. I hope you continue.

Glad you liked it! This story is actually pretty much complete, by the way. It's got nine whole arcs, so knock yourself out. I'm currently in the middle of editing/reworking the series as well. I keep my chapters stashed on Royal Road, which I don't like to talk about here because I don't want to direct traffic away from Mangaraiders.  :ninja:

Offline OhGodHelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #546 on: September 13, 2021, 02:56:37 PM »
Pssst. Psssssssst.

I've been working very hard and in secrecy. Remember how I said getting all the Death by Ex-Girlfriend volumes ready would be a mountain of hard work? Well, it was. And I still have to rewrite the final volume.

However, Aika Crisis, War Cloud, Dawn and Dusk, Satori Effect, Himushi Redemption, and Inari Standoff are all available now (physical)! I'm only going to have these up until mid-October, but feel free to grab any of these until then.

The story has changed A LOT since I've been gone. I can only liken it to how Demon Souls was treated  :clapping: I have a feeling you guys will love it.

https://www.tonbogiribooks.com/books

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: September 14, 2021, 10:23:51 AM »
Yo OhGod! How's it been?

Aside from all the hard work of course! Good job on getting these into a physical form!

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline OhGodHelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #548 on: September 16, 2021, 12:05:03 PM »
It's been wild is what it's been lol

I just like to disappear sometimes and work on stuff. But I realized I left everyone out of the loop and felt weird since the series started here.

Offline Operative13

• Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: September 16, 2021, 12:43:24 PM »
What can we say? Life happens. Sometimes things pull your attention away from what you used to do.

Personally I use MR for my WIPs since I feel I could freely update things in a close knit group without worrying about becoming too critical of my work. To be consistent in writing, putting away your inner critic allows you to write trash, and only after you collected, can you sift through it and find the rare keepers.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: September 17, 2021, 11:28:07 AM »
Don't worry man, we'll just toss it onto the pile of successful stories that came from humble beginnings here on our little home on the internet  :tongue: Just glad you're doing well (if not maybe a little worn out, lol). I will definitely be picking up a copy of book 1. Would that I could buy them all, but I'm getting married in a year and cash is at a premium  :noidea:

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline OhGodHelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #551 on: September 18, 2021, 12:32:21 PM »
What can we say? Life happens. Sometimes things pull your attention away from what you used to do.

Personally I use MR for my WIPs since I feel I could freely update things in a close knit group without worrying about becoming too critical of my work. To be consistent in writing, putting away your inner critic allows you to write trash, and only after you collected, can you sift through it and find the rare keepers.

Yeah I've been wanting to get back to posting ideas here. I've been stuck in my own head for months now and desperately need outside feedback. Good to see you're still updating your latest story, Op!

Don't worry man, we'll just toss it onto the pile of successful stories that came from humble beginnings here on our little home on the internet  :tongue: Just glad you're doing well (if not maybe a little worn out, lol). I will definitely be picking up a copy of book 1. Would that I could buy them all, but I'm getting married in a year and cash is at a premium  :noidea:

You best believe I'm worn out lol I did, redid, and then re-redid Senkumo War Stories, and then redid Death by Ex-Girlfriend all the way up to Inari Standoff, and now I'm taking a break to continue me re-work of Anzu before doing the gigantic final volume of DbEG. I need a vacation, man lol

Congrats on your engagement! I hope you guys have a happy marriage and all goes well!

I think I saw your order! I'm just doing a quick proofreading run and I'll get it shipped to you very soon.

Offline OhGodHelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #552 on: September 25, 2021, 12:36:59 PM »
Here's a spoiler-free breakdown of what's been changed since the time I've been gone

Story changes
-You may have seen tidbits about a character named Lucrezia in the drafts here. Her character has been fully reworked, rewritten, and implemented into the story. She's a major character now, not a minor one.

-Aika's reasoning for the wish she has in Aika Crisis reveals more about her personality and family life than it did before

-Satori's motives for his actions in Satori Effect are more fleshed out

-With the blessing of hindsight, I added quite a bit of foreshadowing to future, catastrophic events and characters

-Overall re-written prose/narration

-Much stronger connection to the Senkumo War Stories series even beyond the second volume, War Cloud. Many of the problems and loose ends from that series appear here and play a major role in the outcome of the DbEG series

-The conflict between Rousoku and Osamu has been altered drastically and is about more than just their awful break up.

-Inari Standoff has been thoroughly fleshed out, involves more characters and conflicts outside of the standoff itself, Third Great Holy War is foreshadowed and planned here rather than happening on a whim in the final volume

-Final volume will be the culmination of all the setup, buildup, and foreshadowing of both Senkumo War Stories and Death by Ex-Girlfriend series. Expect another thorough reworking and a very fitting end to the series

-General proofreading and re-wording

But as I said, I'm going to take a break from DbEG to finish up the Anzu rework. Just know that if you want the physical volumes of DbEG, you're in for a totally different ride than you think.

Also Coryn your copy is currently in production! I expect they'll ship it this coming week. You'll get the tracking # when they do.

Offline OhGodHelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #553 on: November 25, 2021, 06:51:56 PM »
I love the smell of new cover art in the morning. Here's a new Inari Standoff cover!

Inari Standoff is my personal favorite in the series, for it's the huge turning point that leads to the final entry, The End of Osamu Ashikaga.

Re-writing this series has allowed me to foreshadow Inari's return, as well as the monumental consequences of the standoff itself. I still think it's my best work.

The world spent centuries looking for her. They've finally found her.

The hunt for Inari Okami comes to a head as the exorcists surround her at the Kyoto International Airport, but things take an even more dire turn as the exorcists learn that Inari has an accomplice fighting alongside her; Osamu Ashikaga.

Trapped in the airport with Inari, Osamu is put center stage of the most pivotal battle in divine history. He bloodies his hands and spirit as he helps Inari fight off her pursuers in the vain hope that they might both survive the standoff.

Taeko and Shinju enact a plan to save both Inari and Osamu, but a traitor within the Exorcist Program nearly kills them and exposes Taeko’s identity to the world. Friendships and familial ties disintegrate as the Inari Standoff balloons into a chaotic, political crisis and unrelenting bloodbath.

No matter how this ends, everyone involved knows that their lives and the world itself will never be the same in the wake of the Inari Standoff.

Offline Operative13

• Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: November 25, 2021, 11:27:54 PM »
It's always exciting to see new art come up! Gives life to the otherwise black-and-white pages of ink to the story. I'm glad to see you still working on DBEG for so long after all these years. From experience, it's quite easy to get burned out working on a single project for so long, but that's what makes it a labor of love. I look forward to seeing your new work fully realized  8)