February 21, 2019, 07:01:56 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Poll

Who is Best Girl?

Yoko
Isabella
Aika
Izanami
Tsukiakari
Shoku Twins
Shinju
Rei
Kagutsuchi
Amatsutsuki
Hima
Annabel
Carmilla

Author Topic: Death By Ex-Girlfriend (Senkumo War Stories PUBLISHED)  (Read 62409 times)

Offline OhGodHelpMe

• View Profile
Re: Death By Ex-Girlfriend (Senkumo War Stories PUBLISHED)
« Reply #450 on: January 08, 2019, 05:02:53 AM »
Through a shocking turn of events, Senkumo War Stories: Book of Betrayal Part 1 is just about 99% complete. Just adding a few more tiny scenes and reading it over again. I could really finish it tonight and publish it, but I would still like to wait a tad bit. I wanna run promotion and get some final thoughts before publishing  :thumbsup:

Aika Crisis is still in the oven on the DbEG side of things. Book of Azaleas (the one I'm working on now, about the abduction of Yachi Otonougi) will be next on the SWS side of things. Book of Blossoming was about 53,000 words and Book of Betrayal looks like it might be a little over 65,000.

Offline OhGodHelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #451 on: January 09, 2019, 03:13:49 PM »
Wooo I did it!

Kind of  :ohmy:

Book of Betrayal comes out on February 8th, but it's available for pre-order for 99 cents.

I hope this one does well too. Like Book of Blossoming, this one went through a lot of rewrites and improvements, so I promise you that it's well worth the dollar.

Ironically, SWS has turned out to be the most intriguing aspect of DbEG to me. I guess it's just because it sets everything up that happens in DbEG. Tsukiakari living past the Warring States and into the modern era despite receiving no prayers as a goddess. Izanami reuniting with Kagutsuchi hundreds of years after she's given a physical body again. The question of Izanami's strange immortality despite other gods being able to die. The exorcist system arising as a reiteration of what Bishamon did with the Senkumo. Inari turning into a flesh-eating butcher who's distrustful of humans after several centuries on the run. And the culmination of the Third Great Holy War between the Shinto pantheon and the vampires.

Offline suuper-san

• Proportions are just an illusion...
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: January 09, 2019, 04:19:22 PM »
well done for getting something else big out there!
hope you have success!
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other
Manga: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft
Feedback & Critique Welcome!!

Offline OhGodHelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #453 on: January 10, 2019, 08:49:26 PM »
Thanks suuper!

So, someone gave me a really cool suggestion. They said I should rewrite Inari Standoff to be in the first person. Most of the story takes place in the airport with Inari and Osamu and doesn't really change perspectives like the other arc. It would be a good opportunity to make the experience more intimate by getting inside of Osamu's head. I think I'll actually do this.

I tried writing out a foreword from this perspective.
A Foreword That Wasn't a Foreword, But a Confession
Spoiler
I've been wondering where to start with this story. I've been wondering exactly how I'm supposed to tell you about everything that happened during those fateful three days. You know me. I'm no good with organizing my thoughts. I've always been the kind of man that shoots from the hip and figures everything out later. But I suppose, if I had to start anywhere, it would be with a foreword of sorts. No, that's not right. Instead, consider this a confession, from me to you.

I have many regrets in my life, many of them you've been a witness to. Though there are many stories and experiences I've divulged to you thus far, I must begin my confession with a simple admission that I have misled you. Hell, I've been misleading myself as well, so I hope you don't take it too personally. Of course, for the sake of cheap suspense, I won't say exactly what I've misled you about all of this time, but if you've a keen eye, you might've already guessed what my lie was.

My second admission is related to the first in a way. What happened with Rousoku Himawari...I shudder to even remember it. Usually, my tales end on a bittersweet note, but not that one. It ended in tragedy and nothing more. What you witnessed was love, hatred, and envy culminating in a bloodbath that none of us wanted. The whole experience shook me like I've never been shook before. All of the color in the world turned gray, and even the shadows turned a deeper black. Needless to say, I was not a good place.

And that is where this story comes in.

I am going to tell you a tale about a particularly pivotal event that I unwittingly involved myself in, an event referred to as the Inari Standoff. Three days the standoff spanned. It was so brief, and yet, with her at my side, it felt like a lifetime. This "her" I'm referring to is the namesake of the event itself; Inari Okami. A fox goddess with deep-red eyes and snow-white hair. An alluring beauty whose body and spirit were both riddled with scars. A once-proud and noble deity, reduced to a flesh-eating, blood-drinking fugitive desperate to do anything to survive. A being who was once worshiped by humans, being hunted by them. She terrified me. Her scarlet gaze froze my spine and set fire to my nerves. And yet, I was drawn to her. So utterly drawn to her. To this day, I still can't quite comprehend what came over me, what possessed me to stand by her side. Still, in all of my foolishness, allow me to try and explain.

I think, during those three days of the standoff, Inari and I saw ourselves in each other. We both saw the hurt, the pain, the guilt, the anger the other felt. Initially, we were only using each other for our own gain, but our relationship quickly became more than that. We fell in love. It was a love born in darkness, anger and grief. It was love given form by shedding our blood and tears together. It was a love of two wounded souls seeking comfort in each other.

You've loved someone, I'm sure. Even if they didn't love you back. You probably considered that person your reason for living at some point. You thought that they embodied everything that made life such a worthwhile journey. The love I will tell you about in this tale is much more sacred than that,

You see, we loved each other, not because we saw each other as a reason to live.

We saw each other as a reason to die.

Inari and I hoped to survive the ordeal and live together, but we both knew that such a possibility was like a coin toss. Knowing that, we both marched in lockstep towards our deaths. To us, that was alright. Dying was okay, because we would die together. All of our earthly burdens would be left here. Our bodies would join the soil of the earth, and we'd be long-gone, in a much better place.

Our story is sacred to me, so much so that I did not want to recite it to you. In telling this tale, I feel as though I'm exposing myself before you and tearing out my hair and my eyes. No, it feels even worse than that. It feels as though I'm desecrating the tomb of a beloved friend, a tomb that was enwreathed in flowers and offering, never meant to be disturbed.

I feel that way, because Inari meant everything to me. And because, in this story, she is the one that exposes how I've mislead you. She was the one who spoke the truth and set me free. It is entirely because of her that I am here now, solemnly healed of all the pain I had felt before.

At this point, I'm sure you're wondering where Inari is right now. Did she make it through the standoff, despite all odds? Well, I suppose I can let you in on this little secret. Accept it as your reward for making it through this drawn out confession of mine.

Inari promised me that her heart would still be beating by the end of the standoff.

Despite all odds, she upheld her promise.

That's the kind of woman Inari is.

My dearest friend, my guiding lover, my reason to die.

This is the story of Inari Okami, and the infamous Inari Standoff.

Enjoy.

Offline OhGodHelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #454 on: January 23, 2019, 03:25:57 PM »
Alright guys, With Book of Blossoming complete and Book of Betrayal up for pre-order, I'm shelving the SWS series for now so I can focus on getting Death by Ex-Girlfriend out. Since I did two for SWS, I'll probably go ahead and do two for DbEG.

Though, I seriously have a mind to go out of order again and do Inari Standoff  :unsure:

Offline OhGodHelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #455 on: February 11, 2019, 12:33:48 AM »
Oh!

Uh...

Book of Betrayal is out. Forgot to mention that. Enjoy!