November 23, 2017, 02:24:26 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Art Review Swaps  (Read 761 times)

Offline MissChurro

• ~Queen of Kawaii~
    • View Profile
Art Review Swaps
« on: February 06, 2016, 04:04:36 PM »
Hello everyone! We've got a "Review Swaps" thread for the writers, so how about one for the artists?

The rules: Post a link to your gallery and specify one or two images you'd like to have reviewed. Once they've been reviewed, find the reviewer's post specifying which pieces they would like reviewed, and review those! Once you've received a review, it's expected of you to always return the favor or you will be disqualified from the event. Please make your reviews are as in-depth as possible, avoiding simple posts like "Looking good! I like the coloring." because the goal is to help artists improve.
Once you're satisfied with the reviews for the pieces you've specified, you're welcome to edit your post and change which pieces you'd like to have reviewed. But please don't add more than one or two at a time!

Alright, let's have fun swapping art reviews!

Current participants (click their username to see their post):

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: Art Review Swaps
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 01:44:20 PM »
I don't have new stuff on hand I've actually worked on and would like to show off, but I would like more thoughts on these drawings.

http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,3360.msg247119.html#msg247119

It's two pages of a test comic anyways so that counts for two pieces of art.

I'm a noob though so I'll only be able to critique mostly from my personal thoughts on the matter.

Offline eddie_snacks

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 10:08:49 AM »
I don't have new stuff on hand I've actually worked on and would like to show off, but I would like more thoughts on these drawings.

http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,3360.msg247119.html#msg247119

It's two pages of a test comic anyways so that counts for two pieces of art.

I'm a noob though so I'll only be able to critique mostly from my personal thoughts on the matter.

I'm not an expert on comic page layout, but I'd keep reading based on what I've seen so far.  The biggest suggestion may also be the most obvious; finish it.  They're positioning seems alright, but it's tough to critique a sketch other than on position and overall composition.  I think it's headed in the right direction, though.  Keep plugging away at it.  I often abandon work that would most likely be pretty good if I'd just finish it, so I sympathize.  The one thing I keep hearing is "finish it".  Hear my unused advice.  haha.
It's me, Snacks.  @eddie_snacks

Offline eddie_snacks

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 10:13:11 AM »
I don't really have any specific work I'd like reviewed.  Hopefully I'm not in violation just posting the gallery link and giving free reign for critiques...

http://eddiesnacks.deviantart.com/gallery/
It's me, Snacks.  @eddie_snacks