May 27, 2019, 08:07:19 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Suuper's manga (+digital and 3D)  (Read 73207 times)

Offline suuper-san

• I have no idea what I am doing XD
    • View Profile
Re: Suuper's manga (+digital and 3D)
« Reply #1275 on: May 20, 2019, 02:45:42 PM »
8/100 Resolved sketches. I really need to study folds.

been having a really good couple of weeks energy wise, I'm sort of feeling I might be back to my old self. The last couple of years haven't been good health-wise and it got me down a bit. It's not really helping artwise because I've been doing long term jobs that I've been putting off like sorting stuff out and tidying up, but hopefully once I'm organised there will be a new level of grinding.

also, a bit of experimentation and leaning out of my comfort zone. I had to squint my eyes to draw this otherwise I would get too depressed how messy and random it is. but if it works, it's a good method :P

edit:14/100 cleaned wips. just picked up a better method, wait for it - more sketch iterations!
I was trying to fix the whole original sketch in one go but that's simply not possible, so same as the sketch WIPs, I'm drawing the body first and then the clothes on top, using the previous sketch as a guide. I can draw a lot more accurately since I can use the original sketch as a guide but make corrections as I go. still trying to balance quality with speed, and also I'm realizing as always that I can't draw stuff.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 04:11:21 PM by suuper-san »
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft | Feedback & Critique Welcome!!

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: May 21, 2019, 07:25:34 AM »
23/100
it's easy when you've got such a "low" target haha
averaging 7 minutes for each one.
I'm starting to get the hang of fabric thickness and making clothes look more realistic.

separate iterations for body, clothes, face and hair.

edit 32/100

« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 04:04:53 PM by suuper-san »
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: May 23, 2019, 12:13:05 PM »
47/100

as always I'm learning stuff. I'm starting to wonder if I just wasn't serious enough before or this is the culmination of my efforts over the years starting to show.

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: May 25, 2019, 11:16:55 AM »
56/100. Averaging 7 minutes to process now. My line quality has dropped to an acceptable level where I can put the details in but not completely render them because that's for the lineart. This stage is more about finalizing all the positions of things I'm thinking. Any backgrounds I hit are going to be troublesome. I also have an idea for keeping the lines a bit more tidy as well that I'm going to try out next.

I'm also wondering if I should try to ink some of these to confirm the quality is the right level, otherwise I'm going to be stuck next round.

edit: another 4. My new method results in a much cleaner artwork to ink later. see the collage comparison.

Spoiler
old method, sort of:

new method:

advantages of this method is that it gives me a clean artwork and I can see what lines I need to ink, and also gives me a chance to improve the hands again on a separate layer. the disadvantage is that any exposed skin, including the hands and face, have to be redrawn/traced, so it takes a tiny bit longer to use this method. also there is a risk of losing a line because you forgot to trace it.

and yes #4 has a long body and legs, that's the style I was trying.

edit: 69/100. new method working smoothly. still hitting the wall of quality vs speed. still can't draw.

also, 6th post in a row XD
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 05:11:21 PM by suuper-san »

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: May 26, 2019, 05:55:16 AM »
7 minutes is quite fast! Nice attire.

Facebook       Patreon