March 29, 2024, 01:58:29 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Hidden gem mangas  (Read 2927 times)

Offline Rapacrayon

• View Profile
Hidden gem mangas
« on: February 12, 2016, 07:06:34 PM »
I'd like to know what are the series you think are completely underrated or simply unknown to anyone else.
We all know at least one manga that is so unfairly unrecognised that it makes it even more charming.

Personally I ADORE this manga about a group of teenagers who fight against fairy tale characters turned into monsters by a curse.
It is called "Gekkou Jorei" but it is known as "Moonlight Act" in my country. I can't find any translated scan so I have to wait for
the very slow French edition to be released every 6 to 8 months... The sales are ridiculously low and it is on the brink of publication rupture...

Offline Viorp

• View Profile
Re: Hidden gem mangas
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2016, 05:19:23 PM »
I like Dohorodero.
It is manga, but it has a style that makes it more like a commic. I suppose. It is very unique.

Helk
I don't know if it isunpoppular hough. It is a parody, but kind of not.

HOW I STALKED SOME DUDE WITH AN EXPOSED NIPPLE AND STUMBLED UPON THE ZENITHIAN
It is weird, but quite normal. It has an awesome style though.

Offline Rapacrayon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2016, 06:54:48 AM »
I love "Dorohedoro" too ! In fact, Q Hayashida was one of Nihei Tsutomu's assisstants, who's responsible for one of my favourite series: "Blame!". The story is almost over apparently. En is back ! :D

Offline isaac223

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 05:31:16 PM »
Pandora Hearts, definitely. Its one of the most beautifully tragic, immersive, complex-yet-fluidly presented, yet dramatic and suspenseful manga with great fantasy, Victorian, Gothic and psychological themes I've read with some of the greatest and biggest plot twists I've read to date. Its definitely not known as widely as it should be, though I suppose I can feel good knowing I favor my own little hidden gem. It definitely feels better than simply remaining at the tip of the iceberg of anime and manga and actually delving deeper into the medium.. Though liking a hidden gem makes finding fanart a pain in the neck...