April 05, 2020, 02:39:43 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Help! I am designing a Manga Reader App... Would you help me by answering some..  (Read 2057 times)

Offline cld12

• View Profile
Hi there,

My name is Claudio and I am currently trying to re-design a Manga Reader App. This is not a commercial project but just some practice I am doing to improve my skills. I would need to ask you guys some questions to help me with the planning of this project and I wonder whether or not you could help??

Please, copy the questions and add your answers below if you can… I only need answers from people in USA or UK who reads Manga (No Anime) on Apple Mobile Devices or traditional book style. (No Samsung, No Nokia, etc…)

Thanks for your help! :)

Questions:

1) Age?

2) Where are you from? US or UK?

3)Are you Japanese at all?

4) Occupation?

5) Activities and Interest?

6) How often do you read Manga? (e.g. on a scale 1 - 5 with “1” being “not very often” and “5” being “expert reader”)

7) When and where do you read Manga? (e.g. When I go to work/On the Train - Before I sleep/In Bed)

8) Could you describe the actions of a typical day (or more than one) in which you read Manga?(e.g. I wake up > I read Manga while having breakfast > I go out > I get the bus > I read Manga on the Bus to work… etc.. if it makes sense).

9) Why do you read Manga? (e.g. “ for fun”, “entertain myself while queueing”, etc…)

10) What genre do you enjoy the most? What’s your favourite Manga?

11) Do you read Manga on Mobile devices or traditional book style? What technology do you use if any? iPhone 5, 6, 6 plus or any iPad?

12) Do you consider yourself an expert iPhone or iPad user? How well can you use it? (on a scale 1- 5 with one being “not very well” and “5” being “expert user”)

13) Do you currently use any App to read Manga? (Yes or No) If Yes which one?

Offline han ki-tae

• View Profile
Oi Claudio,

Welcome to MR. Please introduce yourself in the forums. Here are my answers:

1) Age?

Brazil, but live in the US

Nope

4) Occupation?

Team Manager in Healthcare Administration

Music, drawing, reading, writing, video games, and obviously anime and manga.

6) How often do you read Manga? (e.g. on a scale 1 - 5 with “1” being “not very often” and “5” being “expert reader”)

Very often - 5

7) When and where do you read Manga? (e.g. When I go to work/On the Train - Before I sleep/In Bed)

When commuting, in the bathroom, and before going to bed.

8) Could you describe the actions of a typical day (or more than one) in which you read Manga?(e.g. I wake up > I read Manga while having breakfast > I go out > I get the bus > I read Manga on the Bus to work… etc.. if it makes sense).

Wake up>go to work>Come back home> TV>Shower> Read manga>Sleep

9) Why do you read Manga? (e.g. “ for fun”, “entertain myself while queueing”, etc…)

For fun.

Seinen (brainy stories)

11) Do you read Manga on Mobile devices or traditional book style? What technology do you use if any? iPhone 5, 6, 6 plus or any iPad?

Cell phone and kindle.

12) Do you consider yourself an expert iPhone or iPad user? How well can you use it? (on a scale 1- 5 with one being “not very well” and “5” being “expert user”)

4 Relatively well.

Crunchyroll, mostly. I also have Manga Rock.

I hope this helps.

HKT

Offline cld12

• View Profile
@han ki-tae   Thank you so much!!!

Offline Suuper-san

• Professional Overthinker
  • We'll see.....
    • View Profile
i love surveys :P
i hope your app goes well, i code tons and i know it can be hard :P

1) 20-25 years old :P

2) UK residence

3) i can read jaapnese, does that count?

4) education

5) interests are drawing and manga obviously :P music, ermmmm thats it :P oh yeah coding :P

6) lots but not lots and lots - 4

7) after work, after dinner, in my room, before bed.

8) come home from work, eat, read manga, draw, read manga, draw, sleep

9) artistic reference, story writing reference, i enjoy reading it anyway

10) comedy, action, romance. love any OP chacracters, "The Gamer", "Hayate no Gotoku", "one-punch man"

11) devices - PC only, traditionally - 400+ books

12) 5 - expert

13) manga viewer chrome extention, but was thinking of writing my own app to meet my own needs anyway :P

i want an app that lets me read korean manhwa (the long tall ones) easily.
but i havnt really looked to see if one exists :P
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft | Feedback & Critique Welcome!!

Offline Gldn6

• View Profile
1) Age?

US

Nope

4) Occupation?
Full time student

Playing and watching typical American sports and watching a lot of anime  8)

2 sadly because i prefer to watch anime but I've been trying to read more

usually when I'm at home during the evening

I pretty much only read once i get home after being out all day and dont have any evening plans

It's fun ofcourse! i get really into certain stories

mostly fantasy

Mostly traditional book style but i would love to try it out on my iphone

4. I could easily live without my phone unlike most people but i still have a good understanding

no but i would love to get one

Offline Ennuiwolf

• Writer and Color-er
  • Animal Obsessed Freak!
    • View Profile
Hi, here are my answers:

1) Age?

Neither, India

Nope

4) Occupation?
Student

Photography, drawing, painting, reading, basically an old woman

3.5 (Can this be an option?)

Anywhere

I get into bed> I read manga> I sleep
I go to school> teacher doesn't show up> I read manga in class

Because it's cool

No favorites as it depends on the story itself, same for favorite story.

Mobile, on my Motorola Moto G 2nd Gen

I don't use Apple devices

Yes, Manga Rock

Offline rainbowolfe

• Hey, Hi, Hello!
    • View Profile
Hi! Hope this helps!

1) Age?

US

Nope

4) Occupation?
Student

(Apart from the obvious), I love video games, youtubers, drawing, dancing, and acting! I also enjoy reading and learning about the occult/supernatural.

During breakfast, on the way to school, during school, and sometimes before I go to sleep

I wake up > Then  actually get up lol > Get breakfast and read manga > Get ready and walk to train station > Read manga on the train > School Stuff > Lunch > School Stuff > Read manga while waiting for bus > Will read manga on train if no friends with me > Gets home > Procrastinates > Will read manga before bed if something updated > Go to bed

To entertain myself while passing time.

There's really no genre I enjoy especially. Right now, my favorite is Kamisama Kiss (or 19 Days if you count that)

I use my Iphone 4s.

Yes, I use Manga Storm currently.
I'm rainbowolfe, and i love to draw! I write fanfiction, create an original comic of my own, and have a passion for anime and cereal!

Tapastic | DeviantArt