August 18, 2019, 01:25:39 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: fukerashi's art gallery.  (Read 6557 times)

Offline fukerashi

• View Profile
fukerashi's art gallery.
« on: December 23, 2015, 09:34:18 PM »
Hi there ! Just stumbled upon this forum, hoping for criticism for my artwork.
I'll start with my first entry !

Art Gallery -> fukerashi's art gallery.
Instagram -> @fukerashi

Offline han ki-tae

• View Profile
Re: fukerashi's art gallery.
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 04:34:44 PM »
Super cute drawing. The pose is great and the coloring is very good.

I would concentrate on working on backgrounds (I have the same issue, but I am flat out lazy).

Good job!

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
  • Topo Gigio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 05:08:31 PM »
Nico!

Nice dude, to point out a few things though I think the missing line on her chin throws it off a bit, at least for me and maybe she could use a bit more shading on her nose so it stands out. Other than that it looks good, nice colouring.

Offline Gaff

• Space Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2015, 07:47:31 PM »
If you're using scanned-in elements for the background like that, it's best to try and get them in as high a resolution as possible - the frame is quite blurred looking compared to the rest of the image and seems to have noticeable jpg artifacts.

Offline fukerashi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2015, 10:31:02 PM »
Super cute drawing. The pose is great and the coloring is very good.

I would concentrate on working on backgrounds (I have the same issue, but I am flat out lazy).

Good job!

Thank you ! > u <
Haha, I never really drew background before so this is like my second time I think ? I often hear my friends commenting that my background has a very different artstyle compared to the character so yes I'll have to work on it more eheheh
Thanks for your comment !

Nico!

Nice dude, to point out a few things though I think the missing line on her chin throws it off a bit, at least for me and maybe she could use a bit more shading on her nose so it stands out. Other than that it looks good, nice colouring.

Thanks ! <3
Ah-- now that you point that out, it looks real bad lmAO
I'll note those, thank you !

If you're using scanned-in elements for the background like that, it's best to try and get them in as high a resolution as possible - the frame is quite blurred looking compared to the rest of the image and seems to have noticeable jpg artifacts.

Alright, thank you for your comment !
Unfortunately, I couldn't find a higher resolution picture (to make things worse, the game is dead so I couldn't find any other sources) so all I could do was to enlarge it but it became really blur whoops-
Thank you for your advice ! :)
Instagram -> @fukerashi

Offline fukerashi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2016, 10:15:02 AM »
New year's art, but posted a day late whoops
May the goddess bless all of you with luck ! <3
(i apologise for the weird face + hand orz)

Instagram -> @fukerashi

Offline lordsyafiq

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2016, 12:49:03 PM »
Greetings and an honor to meet a new Raider here, Fukerashi *Gentlemen Bows*

This is LordSyafiq and wishing you a Happy New Year 2016 to you too. What a start-off with a Nico-nico Teitoku (Both Kancolle and Love Live), and also the newest art featuring the Goddess of Luck and Prosperity...

Ok, *crack my fingers* No more dilly-dallying, it's time for my long essay of comments...Best be prepared, you might learn a bit or two along with knocking from ya seat (Sorry, my comical puns needs to stop here).. Here goes:-

Nico-nico Teitoku:-

1. Expressions
I have to tell ya, the expressions have played it well with a very cute winking and her happy smile befitting for a Teitoku Idol and popular at best...So far so good, it's best to improve your expressions, Manga and illustrations could help and looking yourself at the mirror doing the multiple expressions also will improve you more.

Note:- Disney and Anime Studio Staff always look themselves at the mirror and then translate it into their drawings.. Your body is the best references for it. It might surprises you, when you experimenting with it.

2. Anatomy
Ok, first of all, this is the most dreaded part of all artist new and intermediate also veteran alike...To understand the female body and her natural gestures when posing, you can review the abundance of tutorial and references alike also along with the help of anime, movies and of course your own body references...Just don't transforms into a Hideyoshi (Baka To Test To Shokanjuu), I bet Yoshi-kun will stalk ya...don't forget Mutsurini (@Voyeur)..

The position itself already good but a little rigid in certain part when view in first glance...IF you can combine both anatomy and expression into, what you call it, oh yes, harmonic synchronization (For simpler words, you make them look natural, even viewing it multiple times), then the artworks have succeeded..

As I have said, don't be bothered by mistakes and errors, you just need to have fun in life also drawings itself, then, you will be surprised you can exceed beyond your present limits... It works like a charm, go ahead and try it.

3.Clothes wrinkles and folds
This is yet another thing that always get in the way to make a very good drawings, call it the "twin bane of arts" (Arch-nemesis) coupling with the anatomy parts...It always hinders many starting artist even the veterans to make the drawings that they wanted...

There's a way to do it actually, rather than you focused on too many details of wrinkles and folds, I would recommend concentrate on parts where it would make the drawings look natural and people won't see it too revealing to be notice.. Keep the line simple and where you need to make it happen.

Well, it's all up to your trial and errors... You'll get there eventually, this is where efforts will pay off as you go on, and time will decide whether your investment are worth its gold.. Keep on practicing and you will see what you can't see before..

Digital & Background is not my forte (Strong point) so I shall leave it there...And I can see the flower seems to be blend in with the costume, or is it a pattern?

OK, to prove my point, here's one of my works when you have fun with it, combining with what I explain above:-

The picture says a thousand words, and it's up to you to crack the knowledge code hidden here and world outside. Trust me, it will benefits ya..

The Goddess Of Luck and Prosperity:-

Hmm, well, I can't say much around except what you have stated the errors...The colors are very good in it's placement, with contrast except there's a little jewel reflections or shining effects to add the spices....Well, I guess this done in speedy mode..

Trust me, the drawings that takes time doesn't mean it will go unfinished or make you change to other drawings... It's a test for your patience and skills to see how you utilize your overall experiences, knowledge and creativity to make the best drawings of all...

Leonardo da Vinci and other great artist did only several drawings or illustrations that takes their lifetime and now, they live forever with their drawings, admired by many till today. That's what many artist today strives for, a drawing that will last longer. Also, when they see your arts, they know it's you who made it..

How to do it? It's all up to you, no matter the methods, digital or traditional... Take a little, longer time to make it would hurt instead, it will nurtured you in the process... with a lot of drawings practices.

Here's some works for your knowledge input and based on what I said above... Well, hopefully this can help you digest in my comments and critiques to crack the code:-

Youmu Konpaku of Touhou (Colors, Contrast, Expressions and Anatomy & Gestures)

Saber from Fate\Stay Night (Expressions + Ecchiness and Fold & Wrinkles)

Well, that's all for now and forgive my long essay, it's my bad habits XPP...Take your time and slowly work your way up the art's ladder. Most of all, don't give up!

Take care and laters~ *Back to Hibernation Mode*

*Note: Can't take your eyes off Saber eh?  :D :D :D
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 12:51:59 PM by lordsyafiq »

Offline The SlamJam

• Artist
  • Does the censor work here? *censored*, *censored*? Ok?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2016, 01:25:28 PM »
I really like your work, Fukerashi! Don't think i welcomed you to MR, so welcome :)
check me out on instaslam https://www.instagram.com/artslammer/

Offline fukerashi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2016, 11:45:35 PM »
Greetings and an honor to meet a new Raider here, Fukerashi *Gentlemen Bows*
[[shortened to reduce scrolling LMAO]]

ohmygod it's the legendary lordsyafiq commenting on my topic im crying HI
Thank you so much for your time ! ; u ;
Nico-nico Teitoku :-
1. I haven't really referred to my own body for anything else other than hands, so !!thanks for the advice ! :')
2. Ah, so it basically roots back down to how natural things look.. I feel like my art has tons of flaws, one of the major ones being them being very stiff. Gotta learn to loosen myself a bit and enjoy more while drawing LOL
3. yooooooooooooo noooooooooooooooooooooooooo foollldddddddssssssssssssss
I gotta do more real life referring on that hAHAH
So basically I gotta put them at places which people tend to overlook as something that's natural.. Alright !
YOOOOOOO THOSE DETAILS AND LINEARTS ARE REALLY PRETTY OMG i'm so jealous
Thanks so much for the references ! :'D

The Goddess Of Luck and Prosperity:-
i'm literally dead with all these details in that drawings seriously
Ah, I've gotta experiment a little more with those reflections and stuff orz
yes ok i spend one whole week for one of the artworks I did ((not posted here)) it was REALLY satisfying because I haven't done digital art in like 2 years or so I was really happy with my improvement and loOKING BACK AT IT NOW(it was finished around three weeks ago) IT LOOKS SO BAD

Your drawings are really cute ; v ;
nosebleeds at lewd Saber THE FOLDS ON THE BED ARE REALLY PRETTY EVERYTHING'S SO PERFECT ; _ ;

It's alright, I'm really happy to receive serious positive criticism from someone ! (all my irl friend does is just dis me on how horrible my art is sighs)
Once again, thank you so much for the references !

I really like your work, Fukerashi! Don't think i welcomed you to MR, so welcome :)
Hi there ! Thank you so much for stopping by in my thread ! And thanks for the compliment eheheh :blush:
Thank you so much for your welcome !  :heart:
Instagram -> @fukerashi

Offline fukerashi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2016, 10:02:20 PM »
Hi guys ! Sorry for the lack of update, just enrolled myself into college so you can probably imagine how busy life has been so far ; _ ;

I've been wanting to draw aquarius for a long time, so here it is !
Song inspiration : PSYCHIC FIRE (BiBi)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 03:59:33 AM by fukerashi »
Instagram -> @fukerashi

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2016, 10:42:20 PM »
Oh no! You seen to have a broken link.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline fukerashi

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2016, 03:59:47 AM »
Ahh- sorry ! ; v ; I fixed it !
Instagram -> @fukerashi

Offline The SlamJam

• Artist
  • Does the censor work here? *censored*, *censored*? Ok?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2016, 06:33:32 AM »
Damn that's some great hatching. Good job :)
check me out on instaslam https://www.instagram.com/artslammer/

Offline Zealapeal

• Zealous Artist
  • Anti-Despotist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2016, 04:24:04 PM »
You are freakuckingly awesome.

You didn't draw that solely with a pen, did you?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Offline YuumaKuuga

• Jetstream Lover
  • In the dead of night it will be all right
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2016, 04:35:18 PM »
Damn, your really good  :ohmy:

Hey look, a wild waifu appears. AKA Chandra Naalar