March 29, 2024, 01:01:08 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Poll

What name do you want from this list to be the name of this universe we live in?

Antheria
2 (25%)
Gravitas
1 (12.5%)
Singufal
0 (0%)
Quanim
0 (0%)
Varioma
2 (25%)
Shaien
3 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: November 29, 2015, 01:05:10 PM

Author Topic: Naming the Universe  (Read 2071 times)

Offline Chaos297

• The Crossest Kitsune in Scotland
  • Aiming for a series in Weekly Shonen Jump
    • View Profile
Naming the Universe
« on: October 21, 2015, 03:50:27 PM »
I've created a story that has a slight problem which I can't solve myself as it requires a name type you can't use name sites to find a usable name on.

The problem is there are two universes in my story and not alternate realities or alternate time lines or even alternate universes the two universes are totally unrelated other than that they're made from the same basic materials and have a similar base time line that make up all their variants.

The issue is one of the universes happens to be an alternate version of this universe we live in and I'm worried the name will catch on and am terrible at coming up with names without reference material so figured I'd ask you guys if you want to take a crack at naming the universe.

Just a few ground rules though.

1. No names that are names of people

2. Absolutely no names like Prime make it original

and 3. Please be serious as if you mess around you'll be known as the quote "Jack Ass who gave the Universe a ridiculous name." and no one with any self respect would want that and I don't want to be known as that persons accessory

As for how the name will be picked I'll take the best of them and put it to a vote and the first place winner will get to be the one I use for this universe and the second place winner I'll use for the other universe.

If you need more details please ask but all spoilers will be given via PM not by forum post.

I hope you guys give me some useful names.

Offline Jackhammer

• Propagator of unusual plot lines. Master out-of-context.
  • I am me. Are you you?
    • View Profile
Re: Naming the Universe
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 04:33:56 PM »
A few names that came to mind:
Antheria
Gravitas
Singufal
Quanim
Varioma
Shaien

There is even a possibility, that if the residekts of our time are aware of thr alternate timeline, they could give it a sort of spacetime coordinates instead of a real name. Somethig like DAT00829P51TR1. The longer versionof the afformentioned would be Discovered Alternative Timeline 00829 Phasedissynchrony 51 Time relation 1. The phasedissynchrony (which I came up just now) discribes the distance between our persieved reality towards theirs in a weird quantum resonance. Timerelation describes their timelines distance from us in Higgs Bosons spin, when it has reached  quantum superposition and able to produce mass for a particle in any state or time.

These are just the things that came to me now. I hope it helps you in some way.
Health is a relative thing.

Offline Chaos297

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 05:04:56 PM »
Nice!

That's one very good attempt at a Sub Multiversal Coordinate system, it may be a little rough around the edges and the lingo needs a once over by a scientist who knows the theories and related lingo to smooth that over a bit but it's a viable coordinate system and I find it very impressive.

Just to clarify a bit though, the type of universe that coordinate system applies to is the kind that shares the same multiveral coordinates meaning in astranomical terms this universe would be the Earth as it's probably the dominant universe "the one that appears in the multiverse by out living the other universes in it's coordinates" and the other one in my story would be Mars meaning it's coordinates in the Multiverse are different but it's an easy mistake to make.

With a skill like that you'll go far in Sci-fi.

Offline Emell

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015, 08:36:54 PM »
Generally I like relying on mythologies like greek or roman for names on stuff like this. Not any come to mind, but typically there are some cool names with similar concepts behind the name to make it even more appropriate.

Offline Jackhammer

• Propagator of unusual plot lines. Master out-of-context.
  • I am me. Are you you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2015, 03:23:29 AM »
Just to clarify a bit though, the type of universe that coordinate sysutem applies to is the kind that shares the same multiveral coordinates meaning in astranomical terms this universe would be the Earth as it's probably the dominant universe "the one that appears in the multiverse by out living the other universes in it's coordinates" and the other one in my story would be Mars meaning it's coordinates in the Multiverse are different but it's an easy mistake to make.

With a skill like that you'll go far in Sci-fi.

Thats the beauty of the DTA coordinates. They discribe the distance of the timelines from each other as a physical entity. They ignore the relative physical position inside any given timeline because there is no computer powerful enough to be able to calculate all the factors of every particles postion in the alternative timeline and then determine where they were now.

I think Im taking this way too far now. I'll let you figure out the rest of it.  :thumbsup:
Health is a relative thing.

Offline Chaos297

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2015, 02:08:29 PM »
Since there are no more ideas for names figured I'd just open up the vote and the voting will be available for 33 days and you each get 2 votes but once they're cast there's no take backs so choose wisely which names you wish to vote for as you may regret picking only the one or picking one and then putting the other vote on some random one you didn't like later.

If you have more names to add then add them quick or you may lose out on the voting.