April 17, 2024, 10:41:07 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Artist wanted for Go game  (Read 2441 times)

Offline karl

• View Profile
Artist wanted for Go game
« on: April 23, 2009, 07:20:38 PM »
Hi,

I'm developing a platform for the game Go (an ancient Chinese/Japanese board game - a google for "go game" will give you lots of links if it's unfamiliar).
I'm not a professional programmer and the game will be completely free and open source, probably under the GNU General Public License or similar, so no profits involved for anyone. My only goal was initially to make a game that suited myself and my Go playing friend better than the Go servers around online, and I think I'm well on my way there already.

The state of the project right now: A playable system. Connects two (human - no AI) players over the internet. Simple graphics :-( . No counting of the final scores yet, but I'm working on it.

Since it's a board game, very little graphics is needed to actually play the game - what I would like is to have some "eyecandy" on the side... manga style characters, perhaps drinking a cup of Sencha, preparing a bowl of Matcha, Samurai in swordfight ... perhaps they have a simple animation to them, blinking eyes, hair moving in the wind...    I don't know exactly yet...
Maybe a few different themes, and one is randomly chosen when the board loads - depending on how much work and time you can put down on a free project.

If anyone thinks this sounds interesting, want's to contribute with artwork, either new or with something old they think is suitable, or just have ideas - please let me know!

Also, I hope no one is offended that I post my first post here...

Thank you!
Karl