November 22, 2017, 11:32:29 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Running From Dragons  (Read 2054 times)

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: Running From Dragons
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2017, 07:11:11 AM »
I thought I already commented on these pages, but somehow it slipped my mind. I love the shading and the backgrounds. I'm getting an AoT vibe from the panels, which immediately makes me feel apprehensive and fear for the characters' future health. Need more pages to get a good handle on things, but I envy your drawing level. I'd like to be able to make coherent panels like this some day.

Nice work!

Offline Kiwiavenger

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2017, 04:46:12 AM »
i like it, it looks really good. I'm also very impressed with the backgrounds. one day i may get there!!

how far are you planning to take this story wise? i'm looking forward to more of this.

Offline Tzefa

• Spero Meliora
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2017, 07:20:09 PM »
honestly I always thought of the story in my head as kind of a mix of AoT and in a way FF13
I've kind of been using working on the comic as a warmup and been trying to make each page on a time limit but I'm incredibly self conscious of the fact that... I'm not a very good writer and I've slowed down and kind of got stuck, I struggle especially when it comes to dialogue. I love and feel like I'm good at ideas and concepts and fleshing them out but getting characters motivations and characterization out is difficult for me. I might try and find somebody to help write with me and I wanna get started on the visual novel project again

[End Rant]

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2017, 06:56:24 PM »
Your backgrounds are really on point. The last page had some wonky perspective along with other things I`m sure you can notice, but I like the character expressions and stuff. I was just a bit thrown off by her escaping class and landing in a carriage that happened to be going to the palace - But Sir Jabbers is a funny dapper dude so that`s okay.

Great work on churning out some new pages. And your toning is so good. What software do you use?

Offline Tzefa

• Spero Meliora
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2017, 07:30:35 PM »
I use paint tool Sai for pretty much everything but the word bubbles, I usually drop it into manga studios or photoshop to finish those and add text.

It's true it is a little contrived but I'm trying to error on the side of things happening in the plot rather than slowing things down to crawl, Mostly my focus is on expressions,anatomy, backgrounds and scene composure