September 26, 2017, 05:47:58 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Running From Dragons  (Read 1831 times)

Offline Tzefa

• Spero Meliora
    • View Profile
Running From Dragons
« on: October 03, 2015, 07:09:35 PM »
A little project I've started on my own in my spare time just to diverse what I'm drawing a little bit. Stories based somewhat on a failed Pathfinder campaign my friend ran

The link in my sig is much farther ahead page wise, but I only consider the colored pages finished at this moment, and not sure if I could post them here at this time
I really love working on RFD but man. Writer I am not, so goofiness ahead, sometimes intentional. Sometimes just awful writing.

Front Cover
Spoiler

First Chapter:  Unfound

Spoiler
Spoiler

Offline Sincerest-Wish

• View Profile
Re: Running From Dragons
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 07:07:49 PM »
 Hey, I have to say what drew me in was the colors. They're gorgeous. It really sets a certain dark mood without being unnecessarily brown and plain just to obtain a gritty look. I think it's the main thing that sets this apart from other comics. Keep at it.

I'm also enjoying the story so far. Correct me if I'm wrong but am I sensing some Elder Scrolls inspiration here? Or some kind of other medieval RPG? I'm liking the characters so far, especially Dabbers. I like the idea of a realistic looking anthropomorphic animal character blending in with not so realistic looking characters. The egg joke was also spot on and could have not come at a better time.

The drawings do need some work, some panels look a bit stiff and the character's arms and legs look off when they're making any kind of movement, most notably in the fight scenes. Just an example, when that girl takes off her robe, the unoccupied arm is not at the right perceptive angle. I can tell you have trouble with this but I relate a lot, I have similar issues when it comes to drawing arms and legs in a more direct perception if that makes any sense.

I also noticed some proportion issues in general. For example, one of the last pages, when she flashbacks to her and who I'm assuming her parents. She looks most unnaturally smaller than them, even as a young child. Almost like they're giants. Careful with that.

Anyway I'm looking forward to where this goes. Keep it up.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 07:12:34 PM by Sincerest-Wish »
sundae-at-home.tumblr.com

Offline Chance101

• Eloquent Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 08:59:22 AM »
Nice drawings but it's really too early for me to say anything else. Right now I have no idea what the plot of the story is suppose to be.  :notunderstand:
Write something worth doing or do something worth writing about.

Offline IamKeria

• Fear YAH and Work with Faith
  • Stay Humble
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 07:17:16 PM »
Hey there. I really like the colors. I am a practicing colorist and I have to say your blending is very nice. What program was used for this? Manga Studio?

Offline Tzefa

• Spero Meliora
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2016, 01:55:51 AM »
Woops delayed responses  :sure:

AS the program I used was Paint Tool Sai, With some modded brushes I get a lot more control and natural feel than other programs I've used

A lot of the inspiration for Running From Dragons actually comes from a one-off Pathfinder Campaign me and my friends did, Jabbers was actually my friends character taken to a insane level of hilarity that putting him into the webcomic was tons of fun, I actually still have entire pages written about his backstory and and his races society.

Now unfortunately I put RFD on hiatus because I had other projects going on in my life, Just last month I moved into my new place, jobs and work etc etc. So I poured a lot of my work and time into just straight up practicing and selling prints

RFD Is something I want to come back to but at the current moment I'm trying to put together the beginnings of a visual novel with some friends and seeing how far we can take that, but RFD is something I always want to go back to when I started getting better and getting things under control... And maybe got better as a writer cause I am really bad at that part

Offline Ataraxia Studios

• Comrade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2016, 04:26:16 PM »
An attractive front cover :)

Not enough to really have an opnion of it other than I really like the coloring.

Keep it up, comrade! :D

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2016, 03:12:42 PM »
Hmm... I love this sketchy style.  How long does it take to colour your stuff? Are you still working on this?

Offline Tzefa

• Spero Meliora
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2016, 04:32:53 PM »
Hmm... I love this sketchy style.  How long does it take to colour your stuff? Are you still working on this?

It usually took me only a couple of hours to to sketch out the pages, I didn't do a lot of planning beforehand so a lot of time was actually spent trying to sketch what was going to happen, conversation, plot etc

Unfortunately right now its on Hiatus because I'm working on making a video game now, When I get the time I'll probably post a few of the things I've been working on for that... tho I'm not sure exactly what section I would put most of it under or how I'd upload some of the animations... Hmmmm  :hmm:
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 04:42:12 PM by Tzefa »

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2016, 01:18:42 AM »
Mmm, it's always a trade off when you don't plan, but sometimes planning ahead gets in the way of just making stuff.

Videogame huh? What kind? I hope it goes well. I've been saying I'll program something for ages but nothing seems to ever take

Offline Tzefa

• Spero Meliora
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2016, 04:38:09 AM »
It's a Co-Operative Visual Novel with Beat Em'up gameplay, Me and my friend have been planning it forever and we finally got down too it, We still need a programmer, somebody a little more skilled at writing dialog and maybe some artistic help since it's all on me right now. Were working on putting together a prototype video to show it off so I'm busy working on animating and drawing stuff, I might try and find a amateur voice actor to help for the video as well. The Videos basically set up as our pitch to get some backing or funding or encourage some people to help out and join us to make it

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2016, 04:17:15 PM »
Sounds like quite the project Tzefa, I hope it picks up.

Offline Philosotaku

• MR's One and Only Resident Philosopher
  • Thought is but a means to action.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2016, 11:08:16 PM »
If it's just dialogue I might be able to help out. It's the my favorite part of any story!

You can check out a sample of my work here: http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,16815.0.html

Hit me up if you're interested.
Everyone is the hero of their own life. But I'm the only main character in the world.
--
I officially takes commissions for story development. Here's my DA for info: http://philosotaku.deviantart.com/journal/Story-Development-Commissions-631535894

Offline Tzefa

• Spero Meliora
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2016, 02:47:58 AM »
Yeah quite a lot of of the work is going to be dialogue, conversations and events, Most of the over-all plot and world building is done, I'll have to take a look a look and read at your work, unfortunately thats going to take me a few days to get back to you, im traveling out of town for the next week

Offline Tzefa

• Spero Meliora
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2017, 10:32:30 PM »
Finally got back to doing this, starting over though again after thinking the plot out a little bit better and having a better concept of pacing

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Offline The SlamJam

• Artist
  • Does the censor work here? *censored*, *censored*? Ok?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2017, 11:22:22 PM »
Your environments are beautiful, well done!