April 18, 2024, 11:19:10 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: The Manimal's Evil & Exploding Yellow Artistic Laboratory In Space  (Read 20819 times)

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
The Manimal's 12 Days O' Christmas | Day 9 : Lucky Star
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2015, 07:28:44 AM »
Thank you Legs. Actually that's kinda a gross nickname isn't it...I'll stick with Megablock.

:santa: Day 9 Konata and her cousin Yutaka take refuge during a family dinner  :santa:

:santa: This is not a Lucky Star fan art but rather an art that happens to feature Lucky Star characters. What I mean is this really isn't meant to be set in the Lucky Star world. Since I'm doing anime characters here I used Konata and Yutaka to express something but I feel like it doesn't work. I want to re-do this with original characters, because I actually am trying to express something for once but it doesn't come across well with anime characters, espeically Lucky Star ones.   :santa:

:santa: The perspective is awful here I know, beyond bad. Gotta work on that part. I wanted to draw things that give me that Christmas vibe, but so far this is the only thing I think that almost does it for me, but not quite. :santa:

:santa: This 12 days thing is quite the task for something so simple that should be a lot of fun. I know what I want to do for the last 2, still thinking about what to do for tomorrow...I dunno.  :santa:

:santa:

Spoiler
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 07:30:27 AM by Manimal Claus »

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
The Manimal's 12 Days O' Christmas | Day 10 : The iDOLM@STER
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2015, 08:54:01 AM »
 :santa: Day 10 Takane Santa  :santa:

:santa: Haaaaannnnnn. Okay I cheated. I used two of the pre rendered background things on Manga Studio. It looks alright but it is kinda cheating. Maybe. This drawing isn't amazing, another Santa because I couldn't think of anything else. When in doubt Santa.  :santa:

:santa: My favourite character from The Idol Master is Chihaya, but Takane is a close second. She has the best voice of all the girls with a very sexy yet relaxing tone.  :santa:

:santa: 2 drawings left. I know what I want to do but not how to do it. Let's see what happens. :santa:

:santa:  :santa:

Spoiler

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
The Manimal's 12 Days O' Christmas | Day 11 : Shakugan No Shana
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2015, 08:17:35 AM »
 :santa: Day 11 Shana Gets Caught In A Blast of Snow  :santa:

:santa: Shana is my favourite anime character! I was going to do something based on the last few episodes of Shakugan No Shana II where Shana waits for Yuji on Christmas Eve, but than I thought I'd draw a more mature Shana, the background idea came by accident.  :santa:

:santa: Again not the best drawing but ya know. I wanted to get this done quickly so I can start working on the last one!  :santa:

:santa: Now I'm just filling space for these Santa icons.  :santa:

:santa: When I drew this I accidently put blend over the lines of her face and hair and didn't realize until it was too late and I couldn't go back. I didn't save it before I coloured it so instead of restarting I just rolled with it and made a new vibe.  :santa:

:santa:

Spoiler

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: The Manimal's Evil & Exploding Yellow Artistic Laboratory In Space
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2015, 08:23:34 AM »
Shana samaaaaaaa

Man, it's my one guilty pleasure anime I don't let go. I still need to finish the last season, but I'm not sure if I'll enjoy it or not. I might just stick to the lightnovels. (I have the same fear with Suzumiya Haruhi...)

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2015, 08:29:29 AM »
Spoiler alert the last season sucks. It's almost been 3 years (sure doesn't feel like it...) since I watched Shakugan No Shana and I still have yet to finish season 3.

Shakugan No Shana III totally defaces everything good about the first two seasons. If the series ended with the last episode of II it would've be perfect. You haven't finished Haruhi? It's all worth it for the movie dude. The movie is 10/10 the show is at best 7/10.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2015, 08:36:37 AM »
Dammit, then I won't watch it. Whyyyyyy anime. Why do you betray me like this?

Haruhi I'll stick with the movie and follow the rest by light novel I suppose. Safer that way

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2015, 08:39:16 AM »
But than you'll miss the most infamous run of anime episodes in recent history...The Endless Eight. An extreme test of patience. That was a little hard to get through but very much worth it in the end. I think it tied into the movie but I don't remember
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 08:41:07 AM by Manimal Claus »

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2015, 08:40:47 AM »
My friend warned me exactly about some of that repetitiveness. I refuse! It is too risky hahahaha. The episodes repeat ad infinitum right?

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2015, 08:42:31 AM »
It's worth to risk just to say you watched them all.

They repeat but there are differences everytime. Some of them are virtually the same, others add on a bit more or go down a different path. It's truly one of the most interesting anime viewing experiences you can have.

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
The Manimal's 12 Days O' Christmas | Day 12 : Love Live!
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2015, 08:39:47 AM »
" :santa: On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me, Tamako in a Santa suit
 :santa: On the second day of Christmas my true love gave to me, K-On Christmas carollers
 :santa: On the third day of Christmas my true love gave to me, Toradora Christmas baking
 :santa: On the forth day of Christmas my true love gave to me, yet another Hestia fan art
 :santa: On the fifth day of Christmas my true love gave to me, Santa Claus' Lonely Candy Cone Band
 :santa: On the sixth day of Christmas my true love gave to me, D-Frag doing the North Pole
 :santa: On the seventh day of Christmas my true love gave to me, an awkward misunderstanding
 :santa: On the eight day of Christmas my true love gave to me, Tims
 :santa: On the ninth day of Christmas my true love gave to me, hide away during a family dinner
 :santa: On the tenth day of Christmas my true love gave to me, a lustful Santa Claus
 :santa: On the eleventh day of Christmas my true love gave to me, a tsundere in a snowstorm
 :santa: On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love gave to me, LOVE LIVE!!!!"

Spoiler

There is a legend only some Canadians know. Every Christmas Eve the fireplace channel comes on, but it isn't the stupid one that plays music, or any of those fake lame ones Americans watch. This one is legendary because it features a plaid clad arm poking the fire. He is a mystery with unbelievable poking technique. When his arm comes on it's exciting, it's a big deal. This is the real deal, it's a very specific channel that I've depicted here.

Since it's Love Live I wanted to do a big picture with all the girls but I kept it very very simple and just did a picture that sums up Christmas Eve for me and put Maki and Nico in the picture. This project was a little more stressful than I thought it would be and I was totally done artistically by the time I got to this one. But I've finished it, I didn't think I'd do even that! It was good to start learning how to digitally colour. I made 2 lifelines for this project and only used one! Again I didn't think I'd make it but here it is.

So Merry Christmas dudes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYhssfLgBrg

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2015, 06:39:53 PM »
Here is my 2015 art evaluation thing.

Spoiler

My art dramatically jumped at the beginning of the year. I've gotten a whole lot better than I was last year when I began the de-animeafaction process which is still going (gotta learn how to draw lips). However this year I feel my art stagnated and I went nowhere. I got a tablet in May which was a great decision. I only made 6 comics though, none of which where new ideas. I started many more but I only completed 6. I wasted a lot of time, but no use whining. My art has gotten better than last year but I dunno looking at this, it all looks the same to me. If anything my art gets more boring as it goes.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 06:49:36 PM by Manimal »

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2015, 08:34:58 AM »
I should of made this yesterday but here is an addition to my last post.

My 2014 art evolution. This one is rough, you may barf everywhere for some of these pictures. As with the 2015 one above (please look at that first if you haven't) I have tried to make an honest picture and included many bad drawings. Many of these are from my comics as that's virtually all I drew last year. 

Spoiler
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 08:38:24 AM by Manimal »

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2016, 04:18:04 PM »
some improvement there for sure Manimal, and I know your mileage is progably insane, what with those countless comics you don't show us *hint hint hint*

Offline a

• Does the censor work here? *censored*, *censored*? Ok?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2016, 04:56:55 PM »
Really like September especially! :)

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2016, 05:04:53 PM »
@MegaBlock Well I've made about 100 comics since 2011 but a lot of those where very very crude. I might share them at some point but that number isn't impressive if you've seen them. They weren't even inked for the first 2 years. In 2015 I made 6 comics. I shared bits of them but they are with old characters and have inside jokes so I haven't shared the full things. This year I want to get a new series going so I can finally have something to share to anybody. So we'll see how that goes.

I haven't even really drawn since I finished my 12 Days O' Christmas. As simple as it was it was actually quite draining. But I'm happy I finished it.

@SlamJamHereComesTheManHotDamn : You must be referring to the 2014 one. Yes that was a one time thing really. I don't know where that came from but I haven't managed to draw a body like that since. One of those rare times where things came together well (expect those horrid eyes I used to draw).