March 29, 2024, 05:31:45 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: The Manimal's Evil & Exploding Yellow Artistic Laboratory In Space  (Read 20714 times)

Offline Nairbons

• A Rootin' Tootin' Cowpoke
    • View Profile
Re: The Manimal's Evil & Exploding Yellow Artistic Laboratory In Space
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2015, 11:20:59 PM »
I think you're spending too much time on your practice here. Practice drawing is best kept fast and loose, not getting too caught up in the details. Try experimenting with some wildly different styles to get out of that rut. When getting into the habit of practice, it's important to swap between fun experimentation and boring application.

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2015, 07:02:00 AM »
Thanks for the advice Nairbons. My drawings are pretty dull, so I'll try to fix that in the future. I've drawn like this for a long time, developed a lot of bad habits and I've really boxed myself into drawing one way. So I should start to try different ways yes...
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 05:01:26 PM by Manimal Claus »

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
Taking Requests For 12 Days Of Christmas Drawings
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2015, 04:33:19 PM »
So I'm going to try doing the 12 Days Of Christmas with anime characters Christmas-ified! Oh what a grand idea. Well I wanted to do something so this is the easiest thing I could think of. So I thought I would ask for requests of characters to do! Just to see if I can get an alright variety rather than my usual suspects of the Love Live girls and such. I'm going to try to finish this one to see if I can actually do it, it's not for sure that I'll do your request but I'll try so don't expect much...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76WFkKp8Tjs
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 04:54:25 PM by Manimal Claus »

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
The Manimal's 12 Days O' Christmas | Day 1 : Tamako Market
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2015, 07:46:26 AM »
Oh boy. Let's see if this goes well.  :santa: I'm going try to do this from today to the 24th...

On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me, Tamako in a Santa Suit

Ya we aren't going by number themes here...so this piece is not the best, lots of problems, but wow this gave me quite the confidence boosts in terms of digital art. While not amazing by any means this is only the second piece I've coloured in more than flats and it showed me that maybe I can get alright at digital art.

Not everything is going to look this good...I just thought I should put a little effort into day 1 so here! There will be lots of Santa outfits...

Spoiler
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 10:49:24 AM by Manimal Claus »

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
The Manimal's 12 Days O' Christmas | Day 2 : K-On!
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2015, 06:36:19 AM »
 :santa: Day 2 K-On! Christmas Caroling! Yui got the wrong book...  :santa:

This one isn't drawn as well but I had fun colouring it. I went a little crazy with the blur tool but it's the first time I used it and I think it made it look better. I messed around a bit and put 2 layers of dark and light blue over the picture and decreased the opacity. Just trying some new things. I can't believe how much better things look all coloured like this. Even if it's not the best drawing a little more effort put in goes a long way!

Spoiler
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 06:39:04 AM by Manimal Claus »

Offline Nairbons

• A Rootin' Tootin' Cowpoke
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2015, 01:10:01 PM »
If you're still open to suggestions, I just remembered that the cast of Persona 4 have a bunch of Christmas themed costumes that would be fun to see drawn.

Guilty Gear Xrd also has some holiday color pallets for the cast. Maybe a Slayer as Santa Claus? Or any of the characters really. Man, I love fighting games.

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2015, 01:13:20 PM »
Mmmh. I have no knowledge of those series so I can't really create an amusing scenario with them (which is what I'm trying to do with most of them) but I can see if any of them look interesting enough to draw...

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
The Manimal's 12 Days O' Christmas | Day 3 : Toradora!
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2015, 06:28:27 AM »
 :santa: Day 3 Ami, Ryuuji and Taiga attempt Christmas baking  :santa:

:santa: Ya this one isn't all that good. I didn't have much faith in it so I didn't really add a lot of detail to the background and such. This is what's bound to happen with these daily things. These 3 character scenarios are maybe not the best things to do, I might stick to 1 or 2 character scenes unless I have an amusing idea. Suprising the flour gave me no trouble, there was a perfect tool for that in Manga Studio actually. Toradora! is a series I myself underrate. It really was a great show but it was surprising dark for a rom com and it left me a little unsure how to take it in. Ami was my favourite, I preferred the pairing of her and Ryuuji but maybe they where better suited as just friends.

Ya even with colours this ones pretty flat. I will try to fix that for future ones.

Spoiler

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
The Manimal's 12 Days O' Christmas | Day 4 : Danmachi
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2015, 10:18:28 AM »
There comes a time when even the most strong willed do it. There comes a time when you can resist it anymore.

I have drawn a  Hestia art.

:santa: Day 4 Hestia  :santa:

:santa: I have been struck with the Hestia sickness. It only took 7-8 months but it hit me. At first I was like "this is a silly thing why is everyone drawing her", than I suddenly got it. Resistance is futile, one simply can not resist Hestia and her charms that long. While the series she's from is seemingly irrelevant and appears to be nothing more than a generic fantasy fan service anime with a cardboard male lead no one gives a sh*t about, Hestia has transcended that and taken a life of her own. I tend to keep my art a tiny bit classy, I don't really draw big boobs spilling all over the place so for this art I made a Christmas variant of her outfit.  :santa:

It was drawn quickly so it's not the best but  :noidea: . I didn't draw her hands over her boobs intentionally, it was just from the picture I was referencing. I couldn't chosen a better pose or drawn her boobs better. Maybe I went over the top with her hips to.

Spoiler

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
The Manimal's 12 Days O' Christmas | Day 5 : Hibike! Euphonium
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2015, 09:35:01 AM »
It was 20 years ago today, Santa Claus taught the band to play

:santa: Day 5 Reina Kousaka  :santa:

:santa: Kinda losing steam with these drawings. I've been trying a lot of ideas but as of yet not much has been working. But I think it might come back around by the end.  :santa:

:santa: This is just a sketch this time. Reina in somewhat of a Christmas band outfit.

Turns out drawing a titled head was way more trouble than I imagined it would be for me. I tried inking this one but it didn't really work.

Spoiler

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
The Manimal's 12 Days O' Christmas | Day 6 : D-Frag!
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2015, 09:34:28 AM »
 :santa: Day 6 The Game Creation Club (Temp) Bring The North Pole To A Mall  :santa:

:santa: I wanted to draw a mall Santa scenario and for some reason D-Frag was the first anime I thought of. It's a great show and one of the best anime comedies I've seen. Don't let it's generic set up fool you!  :santa:

:santa: This is kinda half assed. Not the best drawing. I had no idea how to colour the background. These daily drawings man...well half way there  :santa:

Spoiler

If you're wondering that isn't a little child. Roka turns herself into a chibi at random.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 09:36:15 AM by Manimal Claus »

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2015, 11:44:03 AM »
Wow! Really interesting project here Manimal hahaha. Man, I know way too little about these anime. Tamako and the K-ON one are my favourites!

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
The Manimal's 12 Days O' Christmas | Day 7 : School Rumble
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2015, 07:09:13 PM »
Heh, ya I'd like to do some more known titles than the last 2 but I'm just doing whatever I feel inspired to do.

:santa: Day 7 Tenma catches Harima and Eri in an interesting situation  :santa:

:santa: This one isn't very good. I was just saving it in case I didn't have anything to upload, I drew it a few days ago and have done nothing today so I'm already using one of my lifelines for this...   :santa:

:santa: I hope the scenario here is clear. It's not the best drawing...I went over board with the blend.  :santa:

:santa:

Spoiler

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
The Manimal's 12 Days O' Christmas | Day 8 : My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2015, 11:24:08 AM »
 :santa: Day 8 Yukino chilling out  :santa:

:santa: Yahari etc., My Teen Romantic Comedy etc., this is the worst anime in terms of title, I never know what to call it. Long title animes often get a short form name but I only know this one as Snafu which is what I call it.  :santa:

:santa: This drawing is a little over the top. I didn't know how to colour it so I just drew all over it. Not very good but oh well. I found it hard to capture Yukino's expression.  :santa:

:santa: I am really running low on ideas. I don't want to just draw Santas. I have a couple more I've been trying though. 4 more days! :santa:

Spoiler

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2015, 03:50:46 PM »
Keep it up hahaha. Last two have been pretty great