November 18, 2017, 09:56:49 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: The Manimal's Evil & Exploding Yellow Artistic Laboratory In Space  (Read 6573 times)

Offline Manimal

• God of Thunder & Rock n' Roll
  • Kanan Ball The Future
    • View Profile
Re: The Manimal's Evil & Exploding Yellow Artistic Laboratory In Space
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2016, 10:25:43 PM »
Inspired from the Chit Chat topic I dug out a now 10 years old sketch pad...I just realized that as I typed this. Yow. I'm not a good artist today but I can certainly say I have improved a bit since then. Hard to believe this was only 10 years ago. I mean it does feel like a hella lot of time has passed since but still.

The book is weird so it was hard to scan. I drew on every page expect the last one!

Spoiler

That's enough of that, scanning this is a pain...all the pictures are pretty similar. I drew like this for a long time.

If you want a comparison to today check out my comic shorts, link in my sig.

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2016, 10:32:57 PM »
Wow talk about a leap! Awesome man haha, nice to see that you've stayed on the art road for a while.

I see your preference for drawing... interesting looking characters started from way back when

Offline Manimal

• Kanan Ball The Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2016, 10:44:05 PM »
Ya I've always liked to draw weird looking characters, even today I get amusement from drawing fricking weird looking things. In those days it was all these strange robot guys and dogs. Weird combo I know! I only drew dogs from the side view because they're hard.

At this point there was one character that had heavy influence on these drawings.

This sketch pad has so many Star Wars pics in it, Revenge Of The Sith was still fresh in my child mind.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2016, 10:51:51 PM »
Hahaha talk about a coincidence! I thought he looked like Grievous but wasn't sure! I'm on a Star Wars binge right now too haha.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2016, 07:26:20 PM »
Oy manimal you ever considered making full colour comics? Or is it not worth it? When it comes to making your comics do you think grayscale will make them look better, or black inks can work too?

My productivity is at an all time low, and I have so many comics to just... draw. But I kept on getting hung up on the details haha. Fishing for tips

Offline Manimal

• Kanan Ball The Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2016, 08:28:25 PM »
Making a full colour comic is a pretty big job and certainly not something I have thought about doing yet. I think colour makes art pop a lot more but sometimes grayscale and ink can give it a certain vibe.

Look at this comic Fearless Dawn, this is something I randomly found at a shop a while ago, it's quite good art wise.
Spoiler

The grayscale fits the comic perfectly and gives it this nice old fashion, homemade vibe. But it depends on the comic. Colour can give your art a whole new depth and greatly enhance your worlds.

Look how a unique colouring style makes Galko-chan eye popping.
Spoiler

Ultimately it's the long process that keeps me from colouring my comics. Mango P.I. would look so nice with colours...I still have some things to sort out before I get started on that series but if it wasn't such a pain in the buttocks then I would colour it as the cartoony and fun vibe calls for colour. I think it's all about the story you're drawing and the vibe it gives off. I wish I had something helpful to say but I have yet to make a full colour comic!

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2016, 12:12:47 PM »
Hm, so the both have their own sides. Thanks for the pointers anyhow!

Offline Manimal

• Kanan Ball The Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2016, 06:13:50 PM »
Well I told OhGodHelpMe (now the world is gone I'm just One) I'd draw some of his characters from his new tale of tales, story of stories, words assembled into things assembled, Death By Ex-Girlfriends. Well Yoko, Oooooo Yoko, didn't turn out after many attempts so here is Aika as I envisioned her. I think I'm beginning to start to get into some kind of style. I don't attempt to copy or take inspiration from other styles and I just draw how I draw. Still this drawing is awful though and I didn't even want to post it but figured I would anyway since I told him I'd draw something, but look at her face, ugh that head tilt was a bad idea.

So I randomly drew one of his characters and yet there are many uncompleted requests from my character drawing thread. Well I'm drawing Lego's story now so I can call that repayment but Nairbuns...ha ha...

Spoiler

Offline OhGodHelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2016, 07:34:03 AM »
Nice  :clapping: I'm no artist, so I don't notice the errors with the face that much. You got her look down pretty well, had no idea you could draw like that

And that song is really the reason why I chose Yoko's name. I was actually watching the tape where John was getting mad at the producer because he got the sections of the song mixed up  :unsure:

Offline Manimal

• Kanan Ball The Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 14, 2016, 08:08:20 AM »
Thanks. Eh I dunno.

Oh so it actually is, ha ha, that song's great. That's a funny video as well, I gotta watch that Imagine movie.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 14, 2016, 08:12:04 AM »
Manimal's productivity is being a bit legendary. And I totally need to get on reading that story asap haha.

It actually looks okay, there might be a need for more 3d look about her with shading and the likes. But easier said than done I know. Just try to work on it if possibru

Offline Manimal

• Kanan Ball The Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2016, 03:23:43 PM »
Started the comic version of my new tale The Way Out Club, read it here. I'm trying to go for a more cartyoony style but I also am trying to set the scene how I know best.

So the butt shot. I was like "I wanna draw a nice butt" then I was like "well I don't want it to be distracting in the composition of the scene" but it's also the first thing you look at on the page. So I was like "I think I'll try an okay butt" but now it just looks like a dude.

Spoiler

Offline lili-tomato

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2016, 04:14:42 PM »
nice, it's always hard to make a comic, so I hope you'll continue your progress toward this direction ^^