March 28, 2024, 04:59:56 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Artists Unite! - Join if you want to improve your art and other's.  (Read 4865 times)

Offline Robin Rain

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
Okay, so this is my attempt at creating the artist equivalent of Aozora's writer Review Swaps.

I know that there are many artists that come here to improve themselves post a topic with their art and wait for critiques, which sometimes are never given. Sadly in the time that I've been here I have seen some of our artist leave or even give up on drawing completely due to a lack of progress. So in order to help my fellow learning artists I created this thread.

So here is the plan. Someone, you perhaps, posts a link to their latest work here at their MR gallery. Then the members of the team will look at it and if they think that they can help they will. Then that person, if they can, helps the next person to post a link along with the rest of the team.

In this way I hope to help the artists of this forum to increase their skills by sharing what they have learned and then those artists who where helped can then help those who were like them before.

In your critiques you might describe the problems that you see and how to fix them, post links to tutorials or other useful material, red line their art (please ask them if you can do this first), ect...

Here is the list of active critiquers. If you ask for a critique/post a link you will automatically be added to the list. I shall put the link to your most recent critique request beside your name. If I notice that someone hasn't been online for over 30 days I will remove them from the list. If you wish to rejoin the team once you return I shall add you to the team again.

• Robin Ryuu
  • Vio
  • Nomena-Alrina
  • dennyscomics
  • Matsui Kenshin

And here is the list of people who have been banned from rejoining the team. Things that you can be banned for are making fun of other peoples hard work and the obvious abuse of the system.

Depending on how things go I might change some rules and what not.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 08:01:45 PM by Robin Ryuu »

Offline Vio

• Listed in the MR blacklist
    • View Profile
Re: Artists Unite! - Join if you want to improve your art and other's.
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 06:58:45 AM »
I'll throw in my hat into the list.  ;D

Since you've added a ban list, you might want to include the offensives to be banned. :hmm:

Offline Nomena :)

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 07:29:54 AM »
I'll put my name on the list of critiques as well and try to help every time I can...but if see the drawing and cannot find any positive criticism to sandwich the negative ones, I'm sorry in advance for not posting anything  :sure:

I'm also likely not to post if the artwork is too outstanding imop. ^^

Offline dennyscomics

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 01:25:23 PM »
I'm in. my latest thing Im working on is learning to draw with my bad hand, in this case my left. Its going rather well for me I think. you can check out my drawings here https://dennyscomics.wordpress.com/
and here https://instagram.com/dennyscomics/

I think the a few of the problems with people drawing is that the same information is being given out over and over again and theres no alternatives on how to draw, so if the teaching style doesnt work for you then how are you supposed to learn? thats why im trying to share the way Im drawing. I think another reason why people give up is that they dont know where to start or how to start so its overwhelming, then you add the fact that it can take a few years or more to get the skills needed to draw an awesome manga. if you break it down and practice drawing for 1 hour every day for 5 years you will be a master by the end of it, and if you can put in more time each day then you will get there faster. 

Offline Robin Rain

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2015, 04:09:04 AM »
I updated the first post.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2015, 03:57:15 AM »
Robin please, I think it would be nice to have the list of people asking for criticism separated from the list of critiques...just to avoid confusion  :D

I'm in. my latest thing Im working on is learning to draw with my bad hand, in this case my left. Its going rather well for me I think. you can check out my drawings here https://dennyscomics.wordpress.com/
and here https://instagram.com/dennyscomics/

So I assume you are just showing your work and not asking for criticisms, right  ;D ... it is difficult to comment on so many pictures ... lol 

Offline MK

• I like to draw
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2015, 05:40:17 AM »
I guess you can put me on the list...  Just ask me how hard of a critique you want...
-Technical
-Linework
-Super detailed

As a warning, my super detailed can go to the pixel mistakes because I would zoom up around 500% to look for mistakes...  It really isn't recommended unless you are a perfectionist...
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 05:42:45 AM by Matsui Kenshin »

Offline Robin Rain

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2015, 08:00:06 PM »
Robin please, I think it would be nice to have the list of people asking for criticism separated from the list of critiques...just to avoid confusion  :D

I did it that way to encourage sharing critques.  :hmm:

And as far as getting confused goes, it's because I said to post a link to the artwork that you want critiqued and he posted a link. I'll remove his link from my first post though.

Offline Robin Rain

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2015, 09:13:18 PM »
Meh... I didn't really want to be the first one to post something to be critiqued, but I want to get things moving.

It's a few pages back, but this was the last completed human drawing that I did. Remember, post your critques in the art galleries and not here.

http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,11730.msg222189.html#msg222189
I do know that her calves are a bit uneven. She is also short, but she is meant to be. She is also fairly flat chested too. Red lines are fine.

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2015, 05:12:49 PM »
OK, I just gave you a review.

Just bumping this thread because it was lost in the replies feed to fast and I want to bring attention to it  :sure: