October 18, 2018, 01:53:21 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: MediBang Paint Pro; A suggestion for comic creation  (Read 2775 times)

Offline The SlamJam

• Artist
  • Does the censor work here? *censored*, *censored*? Ok?
    • View Profile
MediBang Paint Pro; A suggestion for comic creation
« on: August 06, 2015, 09:52:32 PM »
Hey everyone, This is going to act as a small 'review' for MediBang Paint Pro (I'll call it MBPP for quickness).

So, first off; MBPP is the successor/replacement to CloudAlpaca, the cloud based version of FireAlpaca. The software is completely free to use, and is clearly designed to be a Manga Creation software, coming with Screen Tones, speech bubbles, text, etc. The software comes with 12 brushes by default, and you can create/add custom brushes. Similarly, it comes with all the normal bells and whiltles you'd expect to come with an art program; options to flip your canvas, selection tools, layer options and more.

Currently, i've fallen in love with the G-Pen tool, which is honestly better than the line art tools i currently use in Photoshop! This softwares strengths are certainly set to Black and white drawing, and Toning. I personally couldn't get the hang of painting, but i only picked it up an hour ago, so maybe i'll eventually get that down with time.

Further, the software comes with multiple templates for you to select as your canvas, taking the guess work out of it for people like me. I never know what canvas size to use.

What really, really impressed me where the built in "Snap tools", which include grids, 1-point perspective rulers, speed line tools and more.

For reference, doing this took about 20 minutes on my first attempt;

For reference, as stated earlier, i couldn't achieve a painterly look, which for me usually looks like this http://i.imgur.com/MbAFPft.png which i doodled the other day.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 09:55:46 PM by Jamie The Manga Raider »