September 20, 2018, 06:22:30 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Follow or Like/Favorite a post  (Read 1142 times)

Offline Fireblazer

• Master of Short-Story Writing and Ice-Cream Eating #GanjaVoice
  • Just your average crazy writer
    • View Profile
Follow or Like/Favorite a post
« on: July 27, 2015, 01:32:04 PM »
Hey :D

I was thinking that it'd be cool if I didn't have to comment to get notifications for a specific post, like if there was a follow button.
Cuz sometimes you don't really have anything to say, or someone has said it already and saying it yourself would be redundant so you decide to not comment and just keep the post in mind and check it every now and then but in the process you miss a lot of replies you would have liked to respond to but were too late.. again...

I have another suggestion too... What if there was a like/favorite button? And everytime you liked a post it was saved in some sort of post gallery of your own, while the poster was notified of the like :D that way posters can know that people didn't just open their topic by mistake and leave (it happens), and readers can keep their favorite posts in place and be able to find them more easily (note: readers won't get notifications if they just like a post, they have to follow it in order to get notifications, either that or whatever is easier for whoever programs this site).

I also had an idea for following a specific person... Like if I decided to follow an author so that I get a notification everytime he/she makes a post... this one gives in to trouble and stalking though, so it's just an idea to consider but probably not one to go along with...

Hope someone reads this eventually! This part of the forum seems a bit empty so yea XD

Cheers!

Check out my art and stories!

Offline Synctual

• Are You Nasty?
  • Miss Jackson! Miss Jackson! Miss Jackson!
    • View Profile
Re: Follow or Like/Favorite a post
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 01:47:44 PM »
I like this idea. I think it'd be pretty neat to like someone's post. That way, I could just like to let them know I liked what they said, wrote, drew, etc. without having to write an entire paragraph. :tongue: The thing about not having anything to say is true too. I often run into that situation and just end up not saying anything at all.

I would like if we could follow a specific topic instead of a person. That way, we wouldn't be stalking the person, but more like stalking the topic  8).

Just an idea, but yeah I overall agree and would like if this feature was added. Although, I can do without it if not implemented. So it's either or.

Put This Here To Make You Sad
My Story
Rock Star! (Shonen)

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 02:43:35 PM »
If you want to get notifications then all you have to do is click that button "notify " at top.  But you have to do it for thread you are interested.

I haven't added Like post or follow options because if I install these as additional modules it can effect the loading speed. Maybe not to those who have high speed internet but for those who use phone or low speed internet.

I think loading speed is important than anything else. This is why I don't add too many fancy gadgets or addons. :)

But following personal can be down with profile I think. There was a addon for advance profile options. I will check that one again.

Offline MK

• Super Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 03:00:00 PM »
Definitely a cool idea, it would give more inspiration to writers and artists... Alot of times it just feels that there isn't much attention which can discourage people from posting because it seems like no one looks at your post

Offline DeAngelus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 10:58:54 PM »
If you want to get notifications then all you have to do is click that button "notify " at top.  But you have to do it for thread you are interested.

I haven't added Like post or follow options because if I install these as additional modules it can effect the loading speed. Maybe not to those who have high speed internet but for those who use phone or low speed internet.

I think loading speed is important than anything else. This is why I don't add too many fancy gadgets or addons. :)

But following personal can be down with profile I think. There was a addon for advance profile options. I will check that one again.
So that explains why this site loads really smoothly most of the time despite having a busy line ...

I don't mind the notifications , but I like it better if I had a way to collect posts that are useful &  helpful for me as opposed to a whole thread because even the thread I'm notified to had a good chunk of regular posts in them & because I get notified by them , it clutters up my inbox , almost to the point that it's spam the more thread I posted in at (sure , I can turn it off anytime , but I prefer to keep it on , just in case ) . I can see this like/favorite a post feature as a way to collect those post that I personally want to keep for future reference .

Just how much of a load time added for such feature , anyway ? From the looks of it , I don't think it's that much though & I don't mind a bit more load time , if it's a feature that is truly a well-rounded beneficial one as opposed to pure aesthetic only sort of function , like super fancy animated dropdown menus & massive amount of flash plugins ...
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 11:02:13 PM by DeAngelus »
PM me if you wanted a critique. It takes time for one to come to you, so please be patient.

If you wanted it to be public or private, do tell me.

Offline Fireblazer

• Master of Short-Story Writing and Ice-Cream Eating #GanjaVoice
  • Just your average crazy writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2015, 11:48:57 AM »
Hehe yea I guess the like/favorite is the best one, I'd reaaaally like that function as a poster and a reader... matsui's right, sometimes it feels as though nobody checked out your post lol... I don't know how much the loading time would increase with a like and post gallery function... I dont think it'd amount to much though... what do you think hasith?

Check out my art and stories!