September 27, 2020, 04:46:52 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: getting tired of manga  (Read 1434 times)

Offline Lumaria

• Editor Group
  • Someone who will tell you what you need to hear
    • View Profile
getting tired of manga
« on: June 27, 2015, 04:36:04 AM »
Is anyone else feeling like this? I just feel recently a lot of the newer series are just recycling the older stuff. I still see plenty room for originality but at the same time, I think this new generation of manga and anime hasn't been trying
Stop playing victim....you know what you did.

Offline NO1SY

• Resident Slacker
    • View Profile
Re: getting tired of manga
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 09:02:30 AM »
Depends what you are looking for really, I have a long list of new series to check out that look pretty cool. Surprisingly I haven't seen any really riding on the coat-tails of Naruto 'ending' or trying to emulate the big shounen series that are winding up. Nanatsu no Taizai maybe... but meh...

Seems to me that it's fairly hard for new series to break through though... More so than in anime. Loads of promising series end up being cancelled or tied up quickly - like Iron Knight - because it's so hard to make it into the mainstream market and maintain a career elsewhere.

I dunno, new stuff comes and goes all the time. Something you really like might be right around the corner??? I kinda get what you mean though, very few series appeal to me as special... Although I will forever have fun with Shokugeki :)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 09:21:28 AM by NO1SEY »

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 10:17:53 AM »
well I think it's like any media that's produced in such quantity. you'll get a lot of trash, but every once in a while a gem will pop out. it's just about sorting through the nonsense. i'm sure people had a similar complaint going back 10, 20 years

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Lumaria

• Editor Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 02:53:16 PM »
well I think it's like any media that's produced in such quantity. you'll get a lot of trash, but every once in a while a gem will pop out. it's just about sorting through the nonsense. i'm sure people had a similar complaint going back 10, 20 years

most of the time though, it was because they were manga adaptations, rather than manga originals. Still though, it was a little much. For example: it wasn't too long ago where when i went to a manga site, i just pressed random a couple times and already found a manga i was very interested in.

Offline Akane

• Hermit
  • All suffering is caused by one's incompetence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2015, 03:22:03 PM »
Yeah, Manga put a limit to its potential by making genres like Shoujo, Shounen, Seinen and Josei. Rather than these being seen as demographic names, they are now genres, not to mention how a lot of people mix Manga, Action, and Shounen up like they're all the same thing. And then non-Japanese Mangakas want to make mangas with 0% fanservice(even abnormal lacking of bosoms), zero victory, no effort, and fru-fri-freindshop? And put that in try for the shounen catagory just cause it's famous. In other words, your always gonna get either Shounen, Shoujo, and rarely Seinen, until someone comes along (miraculously got accepted!) and makes something other than those three
Hidden.

Offline Lumaria

• Editor Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2015, 03:44:06 PM »
Yeah, Manga put a limit to its potential by making genres like Shoujo, Shounen, Seinen and Josei. Rather than these being seen as demographic names, they are now genres, not to mention how a lot of people mix Manga, Action, and Shounen up like they're all the same thing. And then non-Japanese Mangakas want to make mangas with 0% fanservice(even abnormal lacking of bosoms), zero victory, no effort, and fru-fri-freindshop? And put that in try for the shounen catagory just cause it's famous. In other words, your always gonna get either Shounen, Shoujo, and rarely Seinen, until someone comes along (miraculously got accepted!) and makes something other than those three

i think thats one of the bigger issues. Its gotten to the point where people are forgetting demogrpahics really are, target-audience. Which in turn can have specific goals. For example:  a lot of shonen is coming of age. Alot of shoo as well but for romance.

Offline Shiratori

• Writer
  • Author of Clashing Feelings
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2015, 03:54:36 AM »
As for anime, I feel exactly the same way. Heck, I don't even like the art (character designs) anymore.

As for manga, I can't say much, since I read way too few titles that are from 2010 or later.

Story by: Shiratori / Art by: Pete

Offline Lumaria

• Editor Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2015, 04:33:05 AM »
Perhaps is less time to look for it and dedicate strongly to what I enjoy or not enough scans of the good ones. Or maybe combination of all

Offline Tora_KeybladeMaster

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2015, 10:19:47 PM »
Is anyone else feeling like this? I just feel recently a lot of the newer series are just recycling the older stuff. I still see plenty room for originality but at the same time, I think this new generation of manga and anime hasn't been trying

I know and feel your pain. Though the problem is the easily impressionable audience who can only digest simple story lines... You really have to dig to find anime that isn't the "same old $h!t" as pro-wrestling fans would say...

Offline Josy22

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2015, 03:41:05 AM »
I'm new but I have some words to say, the reason sites like these are started are to hopefully ignite the spark inside of us into a fire that soon shine with all the elder flames that everyone notices to this day. I have ideas but run into the problem where I would like someone to talk to while I write because I just feel very lost with my own thoughts. While older series may be running out of original, that's what new is for. Either they make a change or we do.
You are remembered for what you've done, not for what you haven't.