December 12, 2017, 06:58:56 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Jamie's sketchbook of fun.  (Read 13258 times)

Offline MisterSherbetLemon

• The MangaRaiders Political Correctness Enforcer...Ha!
    • View Profile
Re: Request it and I'll do it: Jamie's sketchbook of fun.
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2015, 03:12:09 PM »
I love it! Could I send you more? :P

EDIT: I hate to be demanding, but i'd be interested to see some colour in this character if possible? He's a favourite of mine in the manga I'm writing. Feels like I'm seeing him brought to life hehe. :P
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 04:16:27 PM by MisterSherbetLemon »

Offline The SlamJam

• Artist
  • Does the censor work here? *censored*, *censored*? Ok?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2015, 02:40:23 AM »
If you have any other characters, i'll be happy to do them. I'll give him colour later, i've just got out of bed :P

Offline Lovus Eternius

• Firstborne INC. Grandmaster Chief Chief Executive Officer
  • Firstborne INC. Making life great again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2015, 03:15:15 AM »
You are versed well enough in the art of art.

I will ask for BL.

Can you draw twin brothers?

The one getting hugged from behind has cold eyes and wears rimless spectacles. He dresses casually in a white hoodie and white suit pants. His hood is down.

The other wears black, has somewhat impish looking eyes and his dark smile can easily be described as... provocative. He wears black, but the same clothes. His hood is up.

They are members of a... Syndicate constructed on their family name and the brother hugger is constantly made fun of because he has a nii-chan complex... yes... yes... a nii-chan complex... it's a onesided relationship, the cold one is jaded and does not value human life or his own existence. Despite that he never dies... claiming it's: "Plot Protection/Immunity."

I don't know how to draw them, so I'd like to see somebody else's interpretation. Thank you for your time... should you offer it to this old warrior.

Offline MK

• Working on my webcomics
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2015, 03:19:46 AM »
He dresses casually in a white hoodie and white suit pants.

White suit pants are considered casual???  Dang I must be poor...
Stalk me here
Want a commission?  Join the waitlist here
Ask me if you need constructive criticism on art or panel layout.  Practice and constructive criticism are the fastest ways to improve

Offline The SlamJam

• Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2015, 04:41:02 AM »
You are versed well enough in the art of art.

I will ask for BL.

Can you draw twin brothers?

The one getting hugged from behind has cold eyes and wears rimless spectacles. He dresses casually in a white hoodie and white suit pants. His hood is down.

The other wears black, has somewhat impish looking eyes and his dark smile can easily be described as... provocative. He wears black, but the same clothes. His hood is up.

They are members of a... Syndicate constructed on their family name and the brother hugger is constantly made fun of because he has a nii-chan complex... yes... yes... a nii-chan complex... it's a onesided relationship, the cold one is jaded and does not value human life or his own existence. Despite that he never dies... claiming it's: "Plot Protection/Immunity."

I don't know how to draw them, so I'd like to see somebody else's interpretation. Thank you for your time... should you offer it to this old warrior.

I'll do it, boss.

He dresses casually in a white hoodie and white suit pants.

White suit pants are considered casual???  Dang I must be poor...

IN THE GHETTOOOOOOO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2En0ZyjQgU4

Offline The SlamJam

• Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2015, 12:17:33 PM »
I messaged Gelmra-Sensei and he didn't reply, so i started the sketch.

I could use some opinions on the sketch, bearing in mind it's super early in right now.

Edit: Old now http://i.imgur.com/XdJ8I5x.png
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 01:11:40 PM by DatMangaRaaider »

Offline Lovus Eternius

• Firstborne INC. Grandmaster Chief Chief Executive Officer
  • Firstborne INC. Making life great again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2015, 03:52:56 PM »
This is acceptable. Made me smirk and then laugh diabolically... then think about my plans for world domination.

Offline The SlamJam

• Artist
    • View Profile
Jamie's Sketchbook.
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2015, 12:05:14 AM »
So, today i focused on the male torso in my anatomy studies, did a little bit of the arm.

This drawing is based on those studies, non-referenced to see how much i'd learned. I thought it'd be amusing to give it a more female face. lol

Spoiler

Comparison to yesterday, non-referenced drawing of the torso: http://i.imgur.com/xEWz3pd.png

Offline K-Seki

• Sleep-Deprived Multitasker
    • View Profile
Re: Jamie's sketchbook of fun.
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2015, 03:30:38 AM »
I'm liking the sketchies so far! :D You have this unique style about you, and it's refreshing. <3 Nicely done![/font]

:: =What should today's sketch be?= ::
Open for commissions.

personal series: Ayakashi Refrain on Tapas || active commissioned manga: 3 || webtoon collabs: 1 || VNs in progress: 1 (hiatus)

Offline The SlamJam

• Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2015, 06:04:15 PM »
Thanks!

Here's a WIP i'm doing, i'm hopefully going to have it finished in time for the friendly art contest here; http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,10969.0.html

Will be doing the coloured green thing.

I'm taking a break for now so when i come back I can fix any anatomy errors i missed.

Offline The SlamJam

• Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2015, 12:33:46 AM »
So i've only been doing anatomy since yesterday, but i'm feeling really comfortable doing the male torso without ref now. Here's 2 sketches without ref... Feedback would be really appreciated in my gallary, if i'm doing stuff anatomically wrong i'd really like to know!

Offline DAWM

• Draw Along With Me
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2015, 02:46:24 AM »
we all draw differently, so i don't know how much this will help you, but i had a little time so i tried drawing a quick male body that is similar to your build. i find that i try not to use too many guidelines to overcomplicate my sketch...unless there is a need to draw out abs and all that detail, for me I try to just keep all my shapes simple.

So you can see my center line curve represents the stomach, I don't try to draw in many other lines there. especially if you know that you are going to be putting clothes on your character. when you sketch in too many lines, it starts to make it hard for you to really see the relationships between the proportions of the different parts of the body.

so I would simply first draw the torso, then the arms, and see how they look. ask myself if my arms are too long, etc. Then draw in the hips, legs, and so forth. it takes time to get an eye for it, but to me, when you have too many guidelines for the abdomen, the pecs, etc, it gets complicated.

sorry its rough but i hope this pic helps. the left is my initial sketch the right is some clothes layered on to show you how I would use the initial sketch. next would be to fill in detail and ink it.

Offline The SlamJam

• Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2015, 06:20:03 PM »
we all draw differently, so i don't know how much this will help you, but i had a little time so i tried drawing a quick male body that is similar to your build. i find that i try not to use too many guidelines to overcomplicate my sketch...unless there is a need to draw out abs and all that detail, for me I try to just keep all my shapes simple.

So you can see my center line curve represents the stomach, I don't try to draw in many other lines there. especially if you know that you are going to be putting clothes on your character. when you sketch in too many lines, it starts to make it hard for you to really see the relationships between the proportions of the different parts of the body.

so I would simply first draw the torso, then the arms, and see how they look. ask myself if my arms are too long, etc. Then draw in the hips, legs, and so forth. it takes time to get an eye for it, but to me, when you have too many guidelines for the abdomen, the pecs, etc, it gets complicated.

sorry its rough but i hope this pic helps. the left is my initial sketch the right is some clothes layered on to show you how I would use the initial sketch. next would be to fill in detail and ink it.

I'm studying anatomy and you're trying to tell me not to draw anatomy? Wat. I appreciate the help, but i'm doing this to improve my foundations and really understand what i'm drawing. I can draw people like that, but it's quite a limiting view imo. I'm not doing these for the gesture, i'm not bothered if they're currently out of proportion a bit.. i'm just focusing on understanding the anatomy.

It's such a weird concept for someone who's trying to improve the technical/knowledge base of his foundation to be told "Nah m8". I already know how to draw the way you do, and i'm pushing myself further. I'm really not trying to come off as rude, and i appreciate the critique, but i disagree.

Offline DAWM

• Draw Along With Me
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2015, 08:14:23 PM »
Ah, sorry I don't mean it the way you took it. You said you were uncomfortable with the anatomy, my take on it was that sometimes it helps you simplify and focus only on the things you need to. I must have missed you saying you wanted to focus on anatomy (thought you were simply drawing male figures and characters)

in this case, since you are trying to get all the details and muscle tones, etc, maybe the only advice to give is to keep you lines as thin or light as possible on the early stages, so that as you layer on more detail, it won't clutter you too much. that might help :)

Offline Boosted Nomena :)

• Symmetry lover
  • Please don't PM me for Free Commission requests
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2015, 08:23:35 PM »
If you are up for the 20 sketches every 3 days, I'll cheer up on you. I'll not be able to participate myself but maybe some other people would like to do it as well...I think if you are trying to push your limits it is better to use real life reference and not draw from the head.

http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,13349.0.html
Cheers,
Subscribe to my youtube channel (^_^)
http://www.youtube.com/c/NomenaAlrina