March 29, 2024, 05:31:56 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Ask me to draw your characters  (Read 3591 times)

Offline Lumaria

• Editor Group
  • Someone who will tell you what you need to hear
    • View Profile
Ask me to draw your characters
« on: July 11, 2015, 01:14:14 AM »
If you have a rather "poor" design of your characters, i am willing to re-draw it from what i can see.

It will be just a picture from a cell phone, but i assure you it will be "adequately" drawn.

The reason why i'm offering to draw your characters is because often times the level of drawing also matches the level of art. If the art is cartoony, funky, and overall not that great, the author may feel not to push further for a better and more adequate story.

If you start seeing your own characters drawn more intricately and realistically than it might push you to write your story with the same perspective.

How to Request:

When asking for me to redraw your character please label how much you want me to modify. There is three modifications.

Light = Very little to no modifications, everything is kept on-point. The only difference will be giving it a more realistic and more anime-esque approach.

Medium = Some significant changes made, but still distinguishable from the original design.

Heavy = Some major "changes" rather than additions or re-imagined. The heavy changes is meant for those who want to make a complete change in their story but still keep the characters they want and have no idea what to change or what perspective to go from.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 03:40:17 PM by Lumaria »
Stop playing victim....you know what you did.

Offline Nomena :)

• View Profile
Re: Ask me to draw your characters
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 05:38:52 AM »
well, if you may, this is my main character for my first story attempt last year (drawn really poorly)...as you know I already put a break to most of my stories, but I'd like eventually to get back to them.

Her name is Azalea Shion, she is me main character of my story "The Heart of Zircon", I already drew Chapter 1 (22 pages), this is a prologue so it's happening when she is 6 years old

http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php?topic=12851.msg219115#msg219115

Description of her
Spoiler
- Human girl (16 years old), potential king despite not being born on crystal fall. She has long red hair (not so groomed since she lived in the forest for 10 years from the age of 6). She has green eyes and close to a normal girl  (no ecchi)

- She loves plants naturally and has the ability to communicate/speak with any kinds of plants (real or telepathic).

- She also have the power of controlling plants as well as their growths, as you can see in the picture her main weapon while fighting is a rose plan with very sharp and huge thorns.

- She is really kind and responsible being aware of her duty but she doesn't smile often and rarely shows emotion so she appears as cold at first glance...only people that are really around her can understand her...she can get very happy and very angry as well.

- She is very protective of nature, especially the plants and can get really violent if it is necessary for protecting what she loves.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 05:45:46 AM by Nomena-Alrina »

Offline Lumaria

• Editor Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 04:02:08 PM »
your character doesn't look too bad. But i'll redraw it anyways. I'll do a 'light'

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 04:51:57 AM »
It's fine, draw her however you want...I sound dumb but I plan on making her a little bit sexy but I want to be the one who decides/draw that...lol

Offline Lumaria

• Editor Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2015, 04:05:28 PM »

Not too happy with it. She looks a bit in her 30s rather than 16. But I quickly ran out of paper to redraw. If you want I can redraw it at a later time.

As a tip to draw vines with thorns, do not make the base of the thorns thicker than the vine itself. A good tip is to draw cubes in the vine to make sure you don't go too thick. If you want thicker thorns make the vines thicker at the base of the vines.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 04:09:57 PM by Lumaria »

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2015, 12:31:24 AM »
It's alright don't worry, I also have difficulties to draw younger people ... it's a nice interpretation, thank you  :thumbsup: ... I'll be sure to be more careful with the thorns though they are really supposed to be huge and spiky, not realistic at all because they are her weapons and she can control their size at will.

I think it's OK if I leave the space for the others to ask you to draw their characters now  :thumbsup:, it was a fun way to look at Azalea from another angle.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 12:33:50 AM by Nomena-Alrina »

Offline Lumaria

• Editor Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2015, 12:49:11 AM »
if i do re-draw her. i'll PM you her, as this is not my best work.