March 29, 2024, 01:25:09 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Rusinstein's Illustrations  (Read 170697 times)

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: Rusinstein's Illustrations
« Reply #510 on: April 30, 2020, 10:17:32 AM »
Another two weeks sounds rough. Around here half of KC is under until the 15th while the other half isn't. Although everything the health officials are saying indicates it's a bad idea to return to normal. My own office is essential (construction), but we're going to try a phased return over the next three weeks or so. I'm definitely not returning to normal life as soon as possible, but I'm crossing my fingers we aren't going to absolutely shoot ourselves in the foot. Hopefully people are aware enough of the precautions they need to take at this point that we can avoid things going straight to hell.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: April 30, 2020, 11:34:09 AM »
Top notch nosebleedy stuff Rusinstein. Your production quality is just so pro. Love the outfits too

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: April 30, 2020, 05:05:48 PM »
great improvement sketch comparison, those are really great for showing improvement, and that's some nice improvement indeed.

lovely illustrations as always, I love the clothing design on the last one.
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline rusinstein

• View Profile
« Reply #513 on: May 13, 2020, 12:07:33 AM »
You render really well :)
My fave of your pieces so far was your Raven update, the anatomy was impressive - I've found the pelvis a tricky area for many years so it's nice to see you had acknowledged the obliques going into the ASIS and even the hip bone placement! vs your first version - it shows you have gained knowledge in anatomy and proportion which is up there among the hardest fundamentals, very well done!

I'm impressed by your rendering skills and sense of values in your last piece particular, very impressed - you've come a long way. I've noticed you don't push your values too dark into AO or too light, though I'm convinced it's a stylistic choice of yours... similar to how you don't seem to want to 'over render' the face on the girls for anatomy's sake, thus keeping them very anime/manga style.

It's a thing not many notice (especially values wise) but if they do they can render manga pieces quite nicely. Good job!!

thanks so much! been studying real human anatomy lately, and it seems to be working in terms of improving what I've been used to. specially with hands, I now normally use my own hands as reference when I work. xD

and yes, that's something I haven't quite grasped yet. when I do darker shades they usually turn "muddy" looking. I do try it but it always goes back to being dialed back a bit. I definitely still need to study more on that. and on the face, that's also something I'm struggling at. cause I still want to keep the anime look to it, but like you said, they do turn out looking less rendered as compared to the rest of the body. I just can't seem to get the face style I really want. xD still a lot more experimenting to do. thank you for the feedbacks! certainly keeping them in mind to improve what I can currently achieve. :)

Offline rusinstein

• View Profile
« Reply #514 on: May 13, 2020, 12:23:38 AM »
Another two weeks sounds rough. Around here half of KC is under until the 15th while the other half isn't. Although everything the health officials are saying indicates it's a bad idea to return to normal. My own office is essential (construction), but we're going to try a phased return over the next three weeks or so. I'm definitely not returning to normal life as soon as possible, but I'm crossing my fingers we aren't going to absolutely shoot ourselves in the foot. Hopefully people are aware enough of the precautions they need to take at this point that we can avoid things going straight to hell.

very much the exact same situation here. our quarantine's just been extended until the end of the month.

and yes, definitely don't rush to get back to normal. I'd rather endure the limitations with the quarantine than get infected with the virus itself. some people are just too stubborn. a lot of areas here will be on hard lockdown for two weeks. at the moment we can still go out and buy supplies as long as we have a quarantine pass, but those on hard lockdown will not be allowed to go out for any reason.

Offline rusinstein

• View Profile
« Reply #515 on: May 13, 2020, 12:24:27 AM »
Top notch nosebleedy stuff Rusinstein. Your production quality is just so pro. Love the outfits too

thank you! I have two new sexy stuff coming soon. :D

Offline rusinstein

• View Profile
« Reply #516 on: May 13, 2020, 12:27:12 AM »
great improvement sketch comparison, those are really great for showing improvement, and that's some nice improvement indeed.

lovely illustrations as always, I love the clothing design on the last one.

thank you! and yes, I love doing them just to see the difference.

and thank you again! :)

Offline rusinstein

• View Profile
« Reply #517 on: May 16, 2020, 08:05:43 PM »
some recent commission work. :)

Offline MK

• I like to draw
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: May 17, 2020, 12:54:19 PM »
That's a really cool mech

Offline rusinstein

• View Profile
« Reply #519 on: May 20, 2020, 11:11:25 PM »
That's a really cool mech

thanks! it's from MechWarrior. :)

Offline rusinstein

• View Profile
« Reply #520 on: May 20, 2020, 11:14:11 PM »
some more recent work. :)

a couple of commission stuff.

and a fan art request for Patreon.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: May 31, 2020, 11:06:09 AM »
Really great pieces Rusinstein!
I love the shine you give to both the hair and the jewellery, looks very realistic :)
Also great that you do such dark pieces, most (including myself) don't normally go so dark with the shades for fear of making it look too dark, but they look great!
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: June 15, 2020, 09:27:39 AM »
Nice work, great colouring as always on the latest pieces and the hair especially is looking real good. The red demon girl looks very smooth.

Offline NO1SY

• Resident Slacker
  • Will eat your cookies
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: June 15, 2020, 09:35:48 AM »
Some very cool work here! I especially like the Bloody Dagger (although I would say that the bottom of the trail of blood over the forefinger should probably be a bit more droplets shaped rather than tapered) and the Mech, which just looks like a great and dynamic action shot! Keep it up :)

Offline rusinstein

• View Profile
« Reply #524 on: June 26, 2020, 07:54:51 PM »
Really great pieces Rusinstein!
I love the shine you give to both the hair and the jewellery, looks very realistic :)
Also great that you do such dark pieces, most (including myself) don't normally go so dark with the shades for fear of making it look too dark, but they look great!

thank you! I try to improve with each picture. hopefully I can get how to blend darker shades better eventually. this was a good starting point. :)