August 18, 2019, 08:02:07 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Rusinstein's Illustrations  (Read 40328 times)

Offline rusinstein

• View Profile
Re: Rusinstein's Illustrations
« Reply #375 on: January 21, 2019, 10:28:25 PM »
That Dark Vileplume looks awesome!!

thanks! :)

Offline rusinstein

• View Profile
« Reply #376 on: January 21, 2019, 10:30:37 PM »
been sick for a week now. but I gotta keep powering through.:)

some recent stuff.

character design commission work.

and my entry for Clip Studio Paint's illustration contest.

Offline suuper-san

• I have no idea what I am doing XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: January 22, 2019, 08:07:35 AM »
make sure to give yourself time to recover as well, but good to see you're fighting it!
lovely one for the contest, I think the background angle doesn't quite match the character angle somehow though, like she looks really large in comparison to the fence (unless that's the point, since you do draw giantesses a lot)
the angle on the fence also doesn't look square given the character camera angle.

great lighting and shading overall, got any tips on how to do the clothes folds like here and here:

do you shading/highlights on a separate layer? it looks like you did a lot of highlights actually.
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft | Feedback & Critique Welcome!!

Offline Rustee

• View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 22, 2019, 01:22:00 PM »
I play softball!  I love how the chick looks rusinstein!  Great job!
It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. – Confucius

Offline SavageLords91

• View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 22, 2019, 09:13:39 PM »
That softball drawing is amazing! The realism mixed with anime design is incredible.

Offline rusinstein

• View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 24, 2019, 07:27:31 PM »
make sure to give yourself time to recover as well, but good to see you're fighting it!
lovely one for the contest, I think the background angle doesn't quite match the character angle somehow though, like she looks really large in comparison to the fence (unless that's the point, since you do draw giantesses a lot)
the angle on the fence also doesn't look square given the character camera angle.

great lighting and shading overall, got any tips on how to do the clothes folds like here and here:

do you shading/highlights on a separate layer? it looks like you did a lot of highlights actually.

thank you for the feedback! with the perspective, it was actually inspired by a shot I saw. where the subject is upclose and the angle is not very low but made the background look far. I'm guessing it's a distortion that's made by the camera/lens. I'll keep a better eye on the next one.:)

and for the lighting, it's rather hard to explain.xD if you can pm me your email address I can send you a cropped version of the PSD file so you can see the layers to those parts.:)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 08:36:20 PM by rusinstein »

Offline rusinstein

• View Profile
« Reply #381 on: January 24, 2019, 07:28:29 PM »
I play softball!  I love how the chick looks rusinstein!  Great job!

oh, nice! I only played once before.xD
thank you! :)

Offline rusinstein

• View Profile
« Reply #382 on: January 24, 2019, 07:29:02 PM »
That softball drawing is amazing! The realism mixed with anime design is incredible.

thank you! I'm glad you liked it.:)

Offline suuper-san

• I have no idea what I am doing XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: January 25, 2019, 05:28:02 AM »
ahhh camera effects from special angles/shots can indeed make things look out of proportions, I love using macro style shots so I can understand how that can change how big or small things appear. If you actually kept the proportions/angles/perspective from the image you referenced, then it's probably totally fine, just one of those optical illusion things :P
(PM sent)
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft | Feedback & Critique Welcome!!

Offline Gabryel

• Lazy cat
  • Beware! Danger of sarcasm!
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: January 28, 2019, 02:21:38 PM »
very nice! On the soft ball girl I'd say the red reflected light from the ground is a bit too red, the highlight form the sun I like though. Also the warm-cold-colours on the skin, well done :)
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. (S. Hawkins)

Offline rusinstein

• View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 28, 2019, 08:43:24 PM »
ahhh camera effects from special angles/shots can indeed make things look out of proportions, I love using macro style shots so I can understand how that can change how big or small things appear. If you actually kept the proportions/angles/perspective from the image you referenced, then it's probably totally fine, just one of those optical illusion things :P
(PM sent)

yes.:D although it is also probably the idea of transferring a realistic idea into an art work. some realistic things sometimes doesn't translate well into art. like, I've seen girls that have small hands and they look perfectly normal but when done in drawings for some reason they look off so you'd have to make the hands a bit larger to be in proportion.xD

I'll just be more careful on the next one.:)

Offline rusinstein

• View Profile
« Reply #386 on: January 28, 2019, 08:45:14 PM »
very nice! On the soft ball girl I'd say the red reflected light from the ground is a bit too red, the highlight form the sun I like though. Also the warm-cold-colours on the skin, well done :)

on the ground reflected light, I sorta just winged it.xD the field I had in mind was something like this:

so it's fairly red. I just picked a color that I thought would work.xD I'll keep a better eye next time.:)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 08:48:21 PM by rusinstein »

Offline DCLegendia

• View Profile
« Reply #387 on: January 28, 2019, 10:22:56 PM »
Oh wow, I really like that one of the girl. The folds on her clothes are great!

Offline Gabryel

• Lazy cat
  • Beware! Danger of sarcasm!
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: January 29, 2019, 03:56:54 AM »

on the ground reflected light, I sorta just winged it.xD the field I had in mind was something like this:

so it's fairly red. I just picked a color that I thought would work.xD I'll keep a better eye next time.:)

Yeah I imagined something like that :D In general, it's real cool, just a bit strong and oversaturated. I found this incredibly useful youtube video on light and colour, that made me understand a lot. If you don't know it already, give it a try, I think it would boost your realism in colouring a lot!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_FnRJtjkj4&t=2s
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. (S. Hawkins)

Offline rusinstein

• View Profile
« Reply #389 on: January 29, 2019, 05:08:29 AM »

Yeah I imagined something like that :D In general, it's real cool, just a bit strong and oversaturated. I found this incredibly useful youtube video on light and colour, that made me understand a lot. If you don't know it already, give it a try, I think it would boost your realism in colouring a lot!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_FnRJtjkj4&t=2s

very cool! thank you! :)