March 29, 2024, 01:28:08 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Poll

Most impressive Display of Power

Kabo vs. Team 6 (With Alessa and Ulrik)
1 (14.3%)
Jahki vs. The Heroes (In Haven)
2 (28.6%)
Team 1 vs. Cera
1 (14.3%)
Qioni vs. Sevo, Tanix, and Korg
2 (28.6%)
Davik vs. Team 2 (With Allens, Harport, and Kata/K)
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: January 15, 2016, 10:48:15 PM

Author Topic: Age of Corruption: CONCLUDED  (Read 155873 times)

Offline WhiteCrow

• Society X Origins undergoing changes
    • View Profile
Re: MR Project #2 - Age of Corruption
« Reply #525 on: February 29, 2016, 07:29:59 PM »
Ok. I'll have all the details for you tomorrow.

Offline NO1SY

• Resident Slacker
  • Will eat your cookies
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: February 29, 2016, 08:13:56 PM »
NO1SEY:

You said you'd have a character ready for Project 2, and sure enough, you did! Now, I haven't seen you on much lately, so I hope everything's ok - but i'd like to thank you for being a warm figure during my tenure on this site. It's much appreciated, and I do hope to see more of you for Project 3. Here's your MC...

The Kid Who Bested Gia

Wow... That's so cool! It's something special when you see concept art for your character for the first time :) Cheers Crow.

I feel pretty bad about going MIA for so long in the latter 2/3 of this project... 2016 has been absolutely insanely busy for me and it's just meant I haven't been active on the forum nearly as much as I've wanted to be.

You've put a lot of time and effort into this project for the betterment of everyone and I must say I had an absolute blast collaborating at the start of it (and wish I had had the time to continue contributing...), so please accept a massive thank you from me to you.

Seeing as NO1SEY and Galvanioid are MIA. I need two people willing to work with myself and Echo on one of the final moments of this project.

On this note I have free days tomorrow and wednesday so please let me know what I need to do and write and I'll help out any way I can. Will be fantastic to actually write something again for the first time in 2 months...

Offline Lovus Eternius

• I'm just a writer.
  • Firstborne INC. Making life great again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: February 29, 2016, 08:59:38 PM »
I just hopped in this topic out of nowhere and felt a strong desire to ask a couple of questions.

What is this?

Where has this been hiding?

How did I get here, and what is the purpose of this project?

But I know somebody will probably link me to page 1, so that's where I'll be when you read this.

Offline Robin Rain

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: February 29, 2016, 09:50:58 PM »
I just hopped in this topic out of nowhere and felt a strong desire to ask a couple of questions.

What is this?

Where has this been hiding?

How did I get here, and what is the purpose of this project?

But I know somebody will probably link me to page 1, so that's where I'll be when you read this.

This is a character crossover story/collaborative project hosted (and for the most part written) by WhiteCrow.

In plain sight in the Writer's Workshop.

I assume you clicked a link either by accident or by curiosity. :hmm: It's purpose... mostly to help writers connect with their characters and gain the experience and confidence to work on their own stuff. So... practice while having fun. And fun it is since Crow has put a lot of time into making an exciting overarching plot and the character moments that the other members contribute do wonders to bring these worlds to life.

No links here~ :sure:

Offline Lovus Eternius

• I'm just a writer.
  • Firstborne INC. Making life great again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: March 01, 2016, 10:49:37 AM »
Sounds like a lot of work. I'll just get back to writing and being alone.

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #530 on: March 01, 2016, 12:05:07 PM »
What is this?

This is part 2. See the beginning here:

http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,13227.msg224687.html#msg224687

Basically everybody enters their character and WhiteCrow makes a great story involving all of the characters. Very cool stuff

Sounds like a lot of work. I'll just get back to writing and being alone.

Is a lot of work but most of it is done by WhiteCrow.

Now I'm not a part of it so I don't know for sure but it doesn't look like you are actually required to write anything. You can but you don't have to.

Facebook       Patreon

Offline WhiteCrow

• View Profile
« Reply #531 on: March 01, 2016, 11:21:19 PM »
SAY CHEESE!!!

Offline Jackhammer

• Propagator of unusual plot lines. Master out-of-context.
  • I am me. Are you you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: March 02, 2016, 12:15:57 AM »
It's funny how everyone else is posing and almost shouting "Cheese!", and yet Teddy's closer to "Mmeergh...". I guess every picture has to have a spoilsport. ^~^
Health is a relative thing.

Offline Robin Rain

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: March 02, 2016, 12:28:36 AM »
It's funny how everyone else is posing and almost shouting "Cheese!", and yet Teddy's closer to "Mmeergh...". I guess every picture has to have a spoilsport. ^~^
Lol I think Thomas was too timid to actually say it though. And Jasper just had to include her dramatic flair. ::) She's so short! XD (Gets stabbed with daggers...)

Offline Operative13

• Self-Proclaimed Writer and Anime Enthusiast
  • Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: March 02, 2016, 01:46:59 AM »
*snickers*

"Manga desu~"  :D
“To give of oneself is the noblest of all acts.”

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Ope1ativ3
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/OPHolden

Offline WhiteCrow

• View Profile
« Reply #535 on: March 02, 2016, 02:06:43 AM »
5.3: Rebirth
"Everyone listen to me!" Allens blazed forward, one hand on her headset, the other holding a pistol. "We need to step it up, take these adds out so we can focus on the big game!" Two scorpion-formed Ferals closed in on the Corporal, one ahead of the other. Without losing momentum, the Corporal avoided the iron claw of the closest, aiming her gun at the second as she landed on the back of the first. "We've all got Watcher energy in us - use it!" Her clip limitless, Allens ripped in to the second Feral, provoking it to strike down with its stinger, which she avoided - allowing it to pierce the back of the other.

The Feral struggled to dislodge its stinger, allowing Allens to waltz over and place her pistol on its head - shooting an energy-laced bullet that downed the creature instantly. The sound of repeated collisions forced her to turn around, where she saw Teddy barreling through the crowd - a Rykon being used as his shield.

--

Nakaja and Rem ran side by side, downing the Ferals, and wounding the Rykon. The arrival of a familiar presence stopped Nakaja in her tracks, "Oh no..."

"What is it?" Asked Neske, clearing the area around her a 360 spiral assault.

Nakaja looked at Neske with a bummed expression, "Meynaur just arrived, which means he and Nanik have essentially become useless."

Neske could feel Nanik closing in on their position, she turned in his direction, but was stunned when he raced past.

"No worries, Nakaja... Meynaur and I already worked that out - watch!" Nanik leapt in the air and extended his arm out, producing a massive ball of light energy. "Meynaur!"

"Right!" The shadow users answer was barely audible, but in the far distance, both women could see him taking the same position as Nanik - a ball of shadow energy taking the place of Nanik's light.

The two allies released their respective blasts in unison, both taking a moment to admire the amount of energy gathered.

"Nakaja..." Neske began to backpedal, "We need to brace!" The women covered their eyes, protecting themselves as the blasts collided with one another - resulting in a massive explosion that cleared an arena-sized gathering of enemies.

"Neske, Nakaja..." Nanik shifted the girls' attention to the sky, where a few Ferals and Rykon were floating haplessly. "Some strays, do you mind?"

Without hesitation, the women shot forward - alternating shadow phases; as they shifted from enemy to enemy, slicing them to oblivion one after the other. They landed gracefully in front of Nanik, just as Meynaur was racing over. "That was a smart move." Neske complimented, "But how are you two going to keep fighting?"

"That's easy." Meynaur boasted, "Keep doing it!" With that, he and Nanik were off - heading on opposite sides of the battlefield so they could continue to present destructive problems for Kabo's forces.

--

Cazo sat on a distant rock, observing the Watchers and the heroes of the Six Realities, as they fought with unmatched determination. "This... is like the most impressive display of Cosplay role-playing." He sighed as he gazed at one of his manga comics, "If only someone in my world would think of this idea... a crossover of all the comic worlds - it'd be epic." A set of feet appeared to his right, Cazo looked up at their owner and smirked. "I knew this battle was lacking a certain sense of "cool"."

"No worries." Chris offered in response, giving Cazo the briefest of glances. Wielding dual-pistols, the silent gunner positioned their barrels toward the sky.

"What's the name of this move?" Cazo asked, his pen ready.

Chris rolled his eyes as he shot two bullets, "It has no name."

Cazo watched the bullets soar, oohing and aahing as they split in to a dozen explosive rounds each. The fiery rounds honed in on specific targets, zooming down and entering the beasts mouths'; only to explode seconds later. "Whoa!" Cazo shouted,  shooting up to his feet and pointing at the impressive display of flames, "That move -- that move needs to be called "Fire in the hole"."

Chris holstered his pistols and walked past Cazo, "Whatever."

--

Kyokyu slithered from one enemy to the next, using his electrified bat to knock them in to next week. To his left, he could here, and feel, the aftereffects of Xiana's gauntlets slamming enemies in to the ground. "As long as that Toucan has the Watcher energy, I better keep my distance - I don't think my scales can handle any of her blows." Lost in his thoughts, the lizard allowed a Rykon to sneak up on him - catching him by surprise as it lunged forward.

"Whoa -- WHOA!" Kyokyu fell on his back, as he went from watching his life flash before him, to seeing another Rykon drive its tail through his attackers chest. "The hell?"

The rogue Rykon tossed the other to the side, before shape-shifting back to its original form.

"Kata?" Kyokyu stood up cautiously, eyeing Kata as the shinobi continued forward, his reaper chains laying a destructive path before him.

--

Dave stood side-by-side with Jade and Arman, the trio surrounded by a group of Ferals that were descending on them fast. Situation aside, he took the time to turn to Jade, "I don't know how I didn't notice this before," He started, kneeling in front her, "You're freaking hot! -When this is over, i'd like for you to marry me -- thoughts?"

Jade responded by cloaking herself in vortex winds, forcing Dave to shield his eyes. "W-where'd she go?" He asked as the winds faded, revealing an empty space where Jade had just been. From behind him, he could hear Jade and Arman engaging the enemy - forcing their way through the endless waves.

"Tch, it saddens me when a woman doesn't know she's in love yet..." Frank's voice was followed by his consoling hand falling on Dave's shoulder. "It's ok buddy... when this is over, she'll know."

--

Rem and Ruby stood under the protection of one of the latter's barriers, enemies trying relentlessly to break through.

"What do we do?" Ruby asked, hopeful the resourceful young man would have a plan.

Rem shook his head, "I don't know... I don't have an attack that can clear out a group this large."

Ruby tapped her feet anxiously, looking around as if an answer would magically appear. It was then that she took notice of Lucid, the wisps' glow giving her an idea. "Can you create orbs of light, ones that would float?"

"Yeah." Rem nodded, his excitement growing.

Ruby got to her feet, "Good. Can you add a homing feature to them?" She asked, cupping her hands together.

"Yup!" Rem wasted little time creating the orbs, "How many do you need?"

"Enough to fill this barrier."

Rem obliged, flooding the barrier with hundreds of orbs. The bright display caused the surrounding enemies to distance themselves, opting to wait a few feet back as opposed to dealing with the blinding light.

The barrier lowered, leaving only a circle-shaped gathering of light in its place. Then, like a school of fish being attacked by a shark, the orbs scattered; hundreds upon hundreds latching on to the surrounding beasts.

"Lotus Lore -- Exploding Lotus!" At Ruby's request, the orbs exploded in synchronized succession - obliterating their targets from existence. When the dust settled, only she and Rem remained, proud and unscathed.

"Attaching your Red Lotus' to my orbs... genius." Rem smiled at Ruby, as Lucid circled happily around Rem.

"Yup!" She gushed out loud, giving Rem a thumbs up.

--

Data paced frantically through the main hall of Haven, constantly adjusting her stray hairs as she eyed the bevy of confusing numbers and formulas on her tablet screen. "This isn't good... this is real bad!"

"What is it?" Sara asked, racing over to see what was going on.

"These numbers... what they mean..." Data continued to ramble, ignoring Sara's presence.

"Hey!" Sara clutched Data by the shoulders, forcing her to focus. "What is going on?"

"Do you remember before Kabo arrived, when I discovered that the Watchers and Corruptions had a link?" Data asked in rushed speak.

Sara shook her head, "Yea, yea... what of it?"

"Well, after that; we saw the whole thing with Hassigo and Harport, and I brought up that if the connection between Watcher and Corruption was so close, then it may be possible for the Corruption essence to choose a new host in the same manner that Hassigo's chose Harport."

"Is that happening?" Sara's anticipation grew, she unknowingly tightened her grip on Data, forcing the young scientist to screech in pain. "I'm so sorry!"

"It's fine." Data adjusted her coat and continued, "What's happening now, I fear, is worse. I programmed my system to identify each Watcher and Corruption by a serial number, with the difference being one digit in most cases. When Harport became a Watcher, he adopted Hassigo's code... it didn't change, which meant that the Watcher source was a constant - meaning the individual it chose didn't have any influence over its base."

Sara looked slightly confused, "Meaning?"

"Meaning, the Watcher essence, or source, is made up of the previous generations knowledge and power -- meaning the individual retains their personality, but inherits the necessary data to undergo the transformation."

"Data, what does this have to do with the Corruption essence?"

Data stood silent for a moment, taking a deep breathe before concluding her explanation. "The Corruption essence, the source code... it's changing. But it isn't changing randomly... all eleven essences are adopting one code... Kabo's."

"T-that can't be... that means..." Sara was flustered, her face flush with fear as she fell to her knees.

"Yes." Data confirmed, "If my theory is correct, the Corruption essences haven't chosen a new host... they're returning to their creator. Kabo... the Corruptions... they were simply extensions of his powers - his abilities split in to eleven beings. Everyone has been fighting him, and struggling... yet he's only at 1/12 of his actual strength...."

"Can we stop it?"

Data looked down at her tablet for a moment, "No," She answered, looking at Sara with a solemn expression, "They've already converged with him... Kabo is whole again."

--

Kiano, along with the other Watchers, continued to breeze past the army of Ferals and Rykon - taking the occasional moment to admire the effort of their respective Reality heroes. But just as the moment seemed to be at a high point, it plummeted with the sudden eradication of every single one of Kabo's beasts. "Hm..." Kiano looked over the battlefield, sharing the same puzzled expression as every one of his allies.

From the newly brought upon silence; came the crazed laugh of Kabo - the eerie sound bringing everyone's attention to him.

"T-that doesn't look like Kabo." Jasper clutched her blades tightly, looking over at Thomas for confirmation - of which he could only respond with wary eyes.

Heavily outnumbered, the Corruption ran his eyes along the field. "Now then... who was the one who hit me with that attack?"

Misty inched over to Shio, "I sense two of him, one is off in the distance!"

"Aika...?" Shio said, surprised by what Misty told him.

"Heh, it was you..." Kabo shifted his gaze to the alleged culprit, pointing a finger at them. "And even if it wasn't -- you're going to die either way." A gleam was one of two visible clues that an attack had occurred, the other, was the pained gasp of the individual that was struck. Kabo was whole once more -- his first victim of this final battle, claimed.

Offline Jackhammer

• Propagator of unusual plot lines. Master out-of-context.
  • I am me. Are you you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: March 02, 2016, 04:30:58 AM »
Robin asked me to House you. And now that I've read the chapter, I'll just put it in spoilers to avoid flooding the whole thing.

Spoiler

Health is a relative thing.

Offline Robin Rain

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: March 02, 2016, 04:33:02 AM »
:clapping:

Offline WhiteCrow

• View Profile
« Reply #538 on: March 02, 2016, 05:03:34 AM »
Lmao. It was a fantastic chapter with a great ending, and awesome moments in between.

Offline Monok

• View Profile
« Reply #539 on: March 02, 2016, 05:43:57 AM »
You know what, I saw the group photo first, and while I was admiring how FRIGGIN AWESOME it is I was trying to figure out who was who and more specifically who was my character. I went back a few pages and low and behold O13 listed everyone, explaining who was who. And you know what, I actually picked it. Looking through the whole lot, I thought to myself, this guy on the right, this guy has to be Arman, while obviously he doesn't look how I see him in my head (I mean, seriously, unless you are an awesome artist yourself then no character will ever look like it does in your head) he just has this feel about him. Like, he's average, but he's obviously not 'modern' (take the next guy with the cig) but still he looks like he could f you up cause you let your guard down. He just walks up to you, and you're like "oh, hey mate" and then bam, he's going toe to toe with a corruption with nothing but a pair of daggers.

I am truly amazed. That picture is awesome. FRIGGIN AWESOME!

« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 05:52:34 AM by Monok »